“Clean, quiet and nice” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 39 hotels in Norfolk
Fayetteville, North Carolina
“Clean, quiet and nice”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2013

I have been coming to Norfolk for several years but this is the first time I have stayed here. This stay has been very pleasant and I will stay here in the future. It is clean and quiet and the staff is pleasant and enthusiastic.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Christi M, General Manager at Residence Inn Norfolk Airport, responded to this review, September 9, 2013
Dear Bill W:

Thank you very much for taking the time to write the review: "Clean, Quiet, and Nice!" We appreciate that you have choices for lodging when in Norfolk, the Residence Inn Norfolk Airport strives to be your only choice for lodging needs in our area. With a review like Clean, Quiet, and Nice, looks like we may have winning combination.

Thank you very much for your business! Should you need to set up accomodations for a future stay, please do not hesitate to contact us directly. We will take good care of you.....AGAIN!

172 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (41)
Philadelphia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2013

I usually stay at La Quinta on Military Highway but due to their rapid increase in rates I checked my trusty Marriott membership and discovered Residence Inn just a block away. Upon entering the hotel you can see the upscale appearance and well dressed smiles behind the counter. I was greeted with generous amounts of laughter and enthusiastic energy that they (staff) was truly appreciative that I was staying at their hotel.

The rooms are suites and very well maintained. With a full kitchen and separate bedroom it was like a small apartment with a bonus pull out sleeper.

Give this hotel a try! The complimentary breakfast will definitely show other chains how breakfast should be done. Bravo to the hotel staff!

Room Tip: If you have kids or do laundry it is located on the third floor so get a room closer to the lobby ne...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Christi M, General Manager at Residence Inn Norfolk Airport, responded to this review, September 5, 2013
Dear NorthernVirgin1a:

Thank you very much for your very nice review of the Residence Inn Norfolk Airport. I greatly appreciate the time you took to rate our services so that other travelers venturing to our area will know what to expect when they select our hotel! I will share your comments with our entire staff tomorrow in our daily huddle!

We hope that we have now become your only choice for lodging in the Norfolk area!

Thank you very much for your business and we hope to see you back "Home" at the Residence Inn Norfolk Airport.

Tipton, PA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

We stayed at here while visiting our son and his family over Labor Day weekend. Even though it is 20 minutes from VA Beach it was a good option due to the price. Plus, we weren't there to go to the beach. The one bedroom suite for a little over $100 a night after taxes and fees on Priceline was a great deal. Specially considering the "roach motel" on the beach was $200+ a night.
The pool was great for our three year old granddaughter to play in and the free breakfast was really good as a free breakfasts get. Unless, of course, you are at a bed and breakfast.
The only complaint I have about the property is that only 3 of 7 machines worked in the fitness center.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Tipton_Mike:

We are pleased to hear that our price and food was just right while visiting your family in our area! I am glad you were able to spend some quality time with your granchild in our hotel. The full kitchens and living areas you mentioned in the title of your review is a standard in every room and we have just about rounded up our guest room renovations. We hope that you enjoyed the new look!

I will have our Chief Engineer check the fitness center equipment to see if he can make some adjustments. We are expecting new equipment very soon to complete our renovations. I apologize greatly if this took you out of your routine.

We thank you very much for your business and hope to see you back home to the Residence Inn Norfolk Airport when you find yourself back in our area!

Columbia, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2013

I often choose the Residence Inn for its design and amenities for both personal and business travel. It always feels like home. This location had a billiard table--first time I've ever seen that in this brand. This visit was just my wife and I, but we will be bringing the kids with us on our next trip and staying here!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Christi M, General Manager at Residence Inn Norfolk Airport, responded to this review, August 15, 2013
Dear jasonbulger:

Thank you very much for taking the time out of your day to review our hotel. We greatly appreciate your comments. We are glad you were able to enjoy the billiard room, it is one of the many amenities that makes us different from other Residence Inn's. We are happy that you and your wife enjoyed your stay, and can not wait to have the entire family with us upon your return. Loyal, happy customers serviced by friendly, well trained associates is what we pride ourselves on.

Thank you very much for your business and we hope to see you back "Home" at the Residence Inn Norfolk Airport soon!

sincerely,

Ocean City, Maryland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2013

This has become my "go to" hotel when staying in Norfolk. I have stayed at several of the area hotels, primarily the Holiday Inn and the Hilton. I stayed here after I changed hotel brands from IHG to the Marriott. This is THE place for me. I do, though, like the one bedroom suites much more than the studios. Thank you, Residence Inn for making this recent stay as good as the last.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Dear Robert C,

Thank you so much for reviewing our hotel again! Testimonies from our repeat customers speaks volumes to the travelers searching for hotels in our area. We strive to be the number one choice for lodging in Norfolk, and we want to be YOUR home away from home when in our area. Thank you for your loyalty, you business is greatly appreciated. If there is anything we can do to make your stay more comfortable, please do not hesitate to contact me.

Louisville, Ky
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2013

My family stayed at this property during a visit to Va. Beach. The property is undergoing renovations and what they have completed looks really nice. The property and our room was clean and comfortable with only one exception. We stayed 4 nights and on the last day we had ants all over the work desk. Housekeeping reported it to maintenance and they were gone by the time we returned from the beach. This was not a deal breaker for us but it was a little annoying.
They serve a full breakfast every morning and there is always a news paper available.
By far the best part of our stay was the staff. When we arrived we were greeted at the front desk by Takita and she made us feel welcomed. Takita answered all of our questions willing and was very patient when giving us directions. Dan in the kitchen let me bring in my cooler and rinse it out when some things spilled and got it dirty. Every time I called the front desk I was addressed by name when they answered. Even the housekeeping staff would smile and say hello anytime I saw them in the hallway. I will definitely stay at this property again.

Room Tip: You are close to the airport so you will hear the planes in any room(usually heard them starting aro...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Regina H, Manager at Residence Inn Norfolk Airport, responded to this review, July 25, 2013
Dear BusterB2007,

Thank you for reviewing our hotel and sharing your experience. We appreciate your comments greatly and I have already shared your comments with the staff. Dan and Takita were very happy to hear their names mentioned! It was a delight to see this review after you sent me the email the other day. We strive to provide great customer service and these comments reflect our hard work.

Please do not hesitate to contact me in the near future when you choose to come back to our area, as we would love to have you back home at Residence Inn Norfolk Airport.

Regina H
Hotel Manager
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2013 via mobile

Walked in with with a reservation made in advance. Stood at the desk while the incompetent desk agent spent 35 minutes alternately taking complaints from guests about cable outages and ac problems and answering the phone while trying to figure out that they were overbooked by 4 rooms. He waa unable to fulfill my reservation so I pose this question to Marriott - what's the point of a reservation if it doesn't hold a room? Inexcusable.

• Stayed July 2013
Regina H, Manager at Residence Inn Norfolk Airport, responded to this review, July 23, 2013
Dear TiredTravelT,

Thank you for reviewing our hotel. I am sorry to hear that we were not able to fulfill your reservations. Unfortunately, we ran into several issues that you mentioned and instead of having you stay in a room with no AC, we thought it would be best to find you a hotel nearby. Fortunately, we were able to rectify the issues at hand including the oversell due to the AC malfunctioning in the rooms.

Our General Manager was actually on the phone trying to assit the associate when you arrived. Our associates are highly trained and it seems as if the associate in question was overwhelmed at the time of your arrival.

I would like to discuss with you further regarding your experience. We would love for you to give us another try in which your reservation will be honored and handled by a member of management. Thank you and I look forward to speaking with you.

Been to Residence Inn Norfolk Airport? Share your experiences!