Standard, functional Residence Inn (RI) set in lovely corporate/ office park off North Military Highway. Good/ adequate 5-story RI (130 suites) -- not high-end, not low-end -- right in middle.
1-Bedroom Suite (Queen Bed)
• Roomy for 1, comfortable for 2, cozy for 3.
• Aging/ wearing furnishings & décor, but comfortable/ functional. Also, older TVs (if remembering correctly) -- not LCDs.
• Separate kitchenette table & desk for working. Free internet/ WiFi.
• Occasionally, faintly heard a plane from nearby airport -- non-issue from my room, which was not facing airport. (Request quieter area of hotel if noise is concern.)
• Business Center room to sit comfortably at computers (2) & printer to print documents & boarding passes.
• Exercise room with older working equipment. Also, guest laundry. (Can exercise between wash/ dry cycles.)
• Free on-site self-parking.
• Not side-walk friendly area, but you can safely stroll after dinner/ work in nearby pleasant corporate/ office park.
• Convenient access to many work sites/ roadways I-64 (Hampton Roads Beltway), I-264 (Norfolk Virginia Beach Expy).
• Standard (free) RI hot & cold breakfast (scrambled eggs, meats, cereals, breads, yoghurts...) & evening meals. (Chefs/ cooks make exceptionally flavourful breakfast potatoes.)
• Always hope for additional healthy options such as: plain Greek yoghurt, whole grain breads, variety of in-season fruits, etc. Always hope for & appreciate more food *rotation* & *variety* such as: breakfast wraps, egg sandwiches on whole grain English muffins, sausage hash, etc. -- particularly if you're a repeat or long-stay visitor.
• Evening meals (3 nights) are tastier than many other RIs. (Skilled cooks --- with same ingredients as other RIs -- make surprisingly flavourful meals: strips of seasoned meat with onions/ veg.) Always appreciate salads, too. If your routine, daily sustenance is hotel food, you’ll appreciate chef's efforts.)
• If you’ve time/ inclination, food shop & prepare your own meals in furnished kitchenette. A 5- to 10-minute drive away (each approx. 2 miles (3.2 km) on N. Military Highway) is WalMart & Target for groceries.
• If not on tight budget (or time-constraints), many eateries in downtown Norfolk (approx. 15-20 min. drive). (Downtown/ waterfront (ships) interesting areas to explore on foot, as well -- especially in nice weather.)
Approximate Drive Times -- Depending on Traffic
• 20 min. (7 mi./ 11 km) to Downtown Norfolk & Waterfront.
• 30 min. (17 mi./ 27 km) to Virginia Beach.
• 10 min. (2 mi./ 3.2 km) to Norfolk International Airport (ORF). (Call RI for *free* Airport Shuttle.)
• 45 min. (28 mi./ 45 km) to Newport News/ Williamsburg International Airport (PHF). (No free RI shuttle to/ from PHF.)
(Depending where you're going & time of day, Norfolk traffic can be painful. Map out your commute before booking hotel to ensure you've a reasonable commute. Allow yourself extra travel time initially until you become familiar with route & traffic patterns/ congestion. GPS helps if you get stuck in traffic & need an alternative route pronto.)
Functional RI for short- or long-stay whether traveling with family, as a couple, or alone on business.
(Not to be confused with Residence Inn Norfolk *Downtown*, a modern, upscale RI that charges $18 parking & has restaurants within walking distance.)
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Residence Inn, an extended stay hotel that is pet friendly and provides complimentary airport shuttle to and from the Norfolk International Airport (ORF). We have weekly social receptions to mingle with other guests or have a leisurely one on one basketball game on our court. We are only a few miles from the Virginia Beach Oceanfront family friendly activities, Farm Bureau Amphitheater, and downtown Norfolk's corporate district. Spacious suites with fully equipped kitchenettes and separate bedrooms. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Priceline, Cheap Tickets, Orbitz, Marriott, Odigeo and Hotels.com so you can book your Residence Inn Norfolk Airport reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Residence Inn Norfolk Airport Hotel Norfolk
- Norfolk Residence Inn