“Easy Access to Airport” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 39 hotels in Norfolk
Outer Banks, NC
“Easy Access to Airport”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2008

Had an early flight out and staying here made it very easy. The room was very comfortable with a full kitchen which is always nice. The business center was well used but with a little wait could get in and get boarding passes printed.

This is a center hall Residence Inn so I would feel comfortable staying here by myself too.

Didn't get to partake of the breakfast but they did have some fresh fruit out for early risers.

• Liked — Distance to airport
  • Stayed February 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

170 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
Alexandria, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2005

I stayed at this Residence Inn for 2 weeks on temporary assignment in mid-May. The rooms are in suite format; my room was on the second floor (Rm. 208). It was clean and the furniture was like new. The sofa was firm and comfortable, and the a/c was strong! (I like my room cold). I made use of the microwave, refrigerator (with ice-maker, so no more going out to the corridor in my pajamas to get ice), and dishwasher extensively. One fault I found though was that the sink adjacent to the bathroom did not drain quick enough; it was a minor inconvenience.

As part of my assignment here, I had to do some online research, so the complimentary high-speed Internet service (not wireless, though) was a definite plus. To my recollection, it never stalled. I also used the Net to find eateries around the area, which there were plenty.

The staff was most accommodating and attentive; as an example, I forgot my CAT-45 cable used to connect my laptop to the Net and asked to borrow one at the front desk. Although, they didn't have one to lend at the time, she took my name and delivered one to my room the next day. I've stayed in other hotels where my requests just "fell through the cracks".

The complimentary hot breakfast was a welcomed sight each day, although I wish that they alternated the sausage with bacon. (I'm a bacon fan.) Still, the selection of eggs, waffles, fruit, cereal, breads, and dairy products started off my day right.

For the room service attendants in which English was not the first language, the hotel had a form with pictures of products normally requested (toiletries, hangers, etc) that you just circled if you needed them. I thought that was a good idea.

Overall, my experience here was very pleasant and I recommend this hotel to anyone visiting Norfolk. The Waterside is about 15 minutes and Va Beach is about 25 minutes away. The airport is 10 minutes away.

• Stayed May 2005, traveled on business
A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 8, 2004

what a great hotel. its new and has lots of extra amenities. excellent staff too!! check them out!

A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2004

While in Norfolk, VA, we spent 4 nights at the Residence Inn on Military Hwy near the Airport. It is brand new. The lobby/dining area was lovely. There was a pretty area off the lobby with a pool table. The indoor pool & hot tub were appealing; the entire area was immaculate. The suite was extremely nice. Free DSL. Everything was clean & neat. The free breakfast buffet had everything imaginable, & a different heavy hors d'oeuvre was served each evening during the social hour. On Labor Day, delicious chili & chips were served. Another evening, the staff cooked spicy sausages & onions & peppers on an outdoor grill. The sausages were served with buns & condiments. Another night, there were meatballs &, another night, mini-tacos. All the food we tasted was delicious. Every employee we had contact with was helpful & pleasant.

Been to Residence Inn Norfolk Airport? Share your experiences!