I am conflicted on this rating. Some things I would rate 4 or 5, others a 3. See below for details. I would have given this a 4 if it weren't for the noise factor & the issues we experienced with the elevator during our stay.
We overall had a good stay at this hotel while we were there for 4 weeks. The rooms were a good size, and we had a separate bedroom and almost full kitchen-- which was a necessity for us since our stay was so long. The kitchen area was very nice. The furnishings were average but a bit dated. If you have a pet, this is a great pet friendly hotel without a weight limit. We have a Golden Retriever, and some hotels won't accept pets over 40 lbs. The staff also gave our dog a treat when they saw him.
The hotel had dinner 2-3 nights a week downstairs, which was pretty good each night. Breakfast offered a great variety and was very good.
The down side of the hotel is the location. It is right on the airport landing strip area so airplanes were taking off and landing early morning and late into the night. We kept the fan going all the time and didn't notice the noise as much after that. There is also a train track on the other side of the parking lot. We only heard the train twice while we stayed there though.
The pool closed down for 1 1/2 weeks of renovations to resurface it. We didn't know this in advance or would have booked elswhere. So they should have a nice pool area open now. Also for about 1 1/2 weeks one of the two elevators kept going out and was out most of the entire 1 1/2 weeks. They finally got it fixed and we had no more problems the rest of our stay. One thing we did notice is that we did not hear noise in the hall much at all during our stay and never while we were in the bedroom. Noise level inside was great!
Overall, I would consider staying here again because the staff was really great. The dining staff and front desk staff were always very friendly and accommodating. Just know going in that there may be concerns about the noise. The hotel was nice overall but not the most updated Mariott we've stayed in. Perfect for pets though! (Just please clean up after them though)...
- Also Known As:
- Residence Inn Norfolk Airport Hotel Norfolk
- Residence Inn Norfolk Airport Hotel
- Residence Inn Norfolk
- Norfolk Residence Inn
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Residence Inn, an extended stay hotel that is pet friendly and provides complimentary airport shuttle to and from the Norfolk International Airport (ORF). We have weekly social receptions to mingle with other guests or have a leisurely one on one basketball game on our court. We are only a few miles from the Virginia Beach Oceanfront family friendly activities, Farm Bureau Amphitheater, and downtown Norfolk's corporate district. Spacious suites with fully equipped kitchenettes and separate bedrooms. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Marriott, Travelocity, Priceline, Cheap Tickets, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Agoda, Venere and Tingo so you can book your Residence Inn Norfolk Airport reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.