“Nice Hotel” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 39 Hotels in Norfolk
Green Bay
“Nice Hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2011

Stayed here for one night while on our way back from the Outer Banks. The hotel staff was friendly and helpful.

Our room was a one bedroom suite which offered sufficient space. The hotel grounds were nice as was the pool.

The only thing I noticed that could use some attention was the walls of the hallways and the doors to the hotel rooms. They could use some new paint, but this would not deter me from staying again.

The breakfast was very good in the morning. Eggs, Waffles, Sausage, Fruit, Biscuits.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
lmgNorfolk, General Manager at Residence Inn Norfolk Airport, responded to this review, August 29, 2011
Thank you for your recent review of the Residence Inn By Marriott Norfolk Airport. I am glad that you enjoyed your stay in our spacious guest rooms and its amenities as well as the hospitality of our staff.

Please keep us in mnd in your future travels to the Norfolk area and make the Residence Inn by Marriott Norfolk Airport your "Home Away From Home."

At your service,

Louie Marcelo-Glenn

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (53)
Oakland, MD
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2011

My family and I, along with my parents, stayed here one night to be close to the airport. It was a hectic travel day, and the staff at this hotel went out of their way to make our stay comfortable and relaxing. During check-in we were upgraded to a suite (we are Marriott Gold Members) which would better suit our family. My parents' room was also spacious and immaculate. My husband was due to arrive from the airport later that evening, and the staff immediately sent the hotel shuttle to collect him upon his arrival. It was fast and seamless. Later in the evening we called to request extra linens, and they were delivered to our door quickly. The entire staff - we interacted with several front desk attendants, several housekeeping staff and breakfast staff - was completely professional and friendly. They went out of their way to make this hotel a wonderful place for our family. We will always stay here for our travels through Norfolk.

Room Tip: Become a Marriott Rewards Member
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
lmgNorfolk, General Manager at Residence Inn Norfolk Airport, responded to this review, August 16, 2011
We thank you for your recent review of the Residence Inn by Marriott in Norfolk -Airport, Virginia. We are glad you enjoyed the amenities we have to offer and the hospitality of our staff that you experienced during your stay.

On behalf of the staff at the Residence Inn Norfolk-Airport, we look forward to your return visit. During your next stay with us, please take advantage of the Manager's Reception held in our dining room during the week. As always, we are here to be of service to you and be your "Home Away from Home."

Newport News, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2011

I stayed at the Residence Inn after getting in from a long trip back from California. The hotel picked me up at the airport and the driver was friendly and courteous even though it was almost 1:00 a.m. Once I got to the hotel, the desk clerk was also friendly and available to help right away. I got checked in quickly and was up in my room less than 10 minutes later.
The room itself was very clean and comfortable. There was plenty of space for my luggage, a full kitchen and plenty of room to move about. The bathroom was a nice size and the amenities were lovely.
The breakfast in the morning had plenty of options, and more than enough seating room.
Overall my experience was wonderful and I would definintely stay here again, whether on business or pleasure.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled solo
lmgNorfolk, General Manager at Residence Inn Norfolk Airport, responded to this review, August 10, 2011
Thank you for taking the time to give us a wonderful review. We are glad that you enjoyed your stay at the Residence Inn Norfolk Airport and the amenities we have to offer. I have shared your comment to our entire staff to inspire them more in giving great customer service.

We hope that you will keep us in mind on your next visit to the Norfolk area and make Residence Inn Norfolk Airport your "Home Away from Home."

Anchorage, Alaska
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2011

Last weekend was mine and my husbands honeymoon weekend, and a weekend that started as a very disturbing event....

First we were suppose to be at the Oceanfront in Virginia beach; however, the hotel that we made arrangements with, had some kind of issue with our reservation and failed to call us. So this already ruined my weekend and spirit. We searched everywhere in Virginia Beach and Norfolk BY TAXI!!. We went to a Hilton, 3 Holiday Inns, a couple Marriots and finally made our way to this very classy Residence Inn by the Norfolk International Airport. We were just completely annoyed and had just had it out with a desk agent at a Holiday Inn, and I was steaming as everyone was sold out everywhere, but little did we know there was light at the end of this overbaring tunnel.

First, the front desk clerk, Chris, who I have to say now before I explain my stay is the best hospitality guest services rep I have seen in my life, he represents the Marriot brand well, and we stay at hotels all over the world as me and my husband Keith are both in the Federal Government, and I have never in my life met such a professional, humorous, resourceful, and charming person, well other than my husband of course. Upon arriving he greeted us with a warm welcome and a beautiful smile, and the other girl Constance was there as well and they knew we were upset. I explained our situation and they explained they were sold out as well. Chris was very empathetic and started doing some calling around, and in the end arranged it so that we could get a suite! We were so thankful, but we didnt have a honeymoon suite like we had arranged at our original resort, so we had nothing, all of our money spent on the Taxi's to find a place to stay.

We got settled in our room and Chris called from downstairs, and I'll never forget what he said that night, "Amanda, it's Chris from the front desk, it's our duty from time to time to woo and aww a guest, and I think today you and Keith are due for some woo and aww, so you two come downstairs and let me turn your frowns upside down."

We got down in the lobby and he pulled a Visa Gift card right out of his wallent and had a transport car pick us up and take us on a norfolk tour, which was so romantic, and the people on the cruise were so nice. The next morning, was even better, our housekeeper Nana was just the sweetest and professional housekeeper. The people in the breakfast area especially, Janace were so kind and everyone smiles espeically that Chris.

This weekend turned out to be perfect thanks to the friendly, and above and beyond staff at the Residence Inn. Chris said it would be our little secret, but Keith and I both feel that everyone should go to this location, if not only just to meet their staff, you will be amazed! :)

Amanda & Keith
Anchorage, Alaska

Room Tip: call ahead of time and ask for a specific room
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
lmgNorfolk, General Manager at Residence Inn Norfolk Airport, responded to this review, August 13, 2011
We thank you for your recent review of the Residence Inn by Marriott Norfolk Airport. We are glad that you enjoyed your stayed with us and that we were able to turn around a start of an unpleasant experience to a more pleasant and memorable one. I have shared your feedback with our entire staff to continue to inspire them of delivering "service so memorable" to all of our guests.

We hope that you will keep us in mind in your next visit to the Norfolk area and make the Residence Inn Norfolk Airport you "Home Away from Home."

Springfield, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2011

My husband and I were very impressed with this hotel, especially pet friendly hotel...The rooms were large and clean, and the staff was very friendly. The beds & pillows were great. Good quality & the kitchen was a plus!!!!! Stay here, you will not be disappointed! We will definitely be back :D

• Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to give us a great review. We are glad that you enjoyed your stay with us at the Residence Inn Norfolk Airport and the amenities we have to offer.

We hope that you will keep us in mind on your next visit to the Norfolk area and make the Residence Inn Norfolk Airport your "Home Away From Home."

San Diego, CA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2011

I need to preference this review by noting that this stay was for a business trip rather than vacationing of visiting friends/family. I chose this hotel for its convenient access to an easy route to and from the Norfolk navy base (gate 3 and 3A if you’re headed that way) - and that it was! The route 64 ramp is just a block away and I was at the gate within 10 minutes and back again in the same time. If you are familiar with Norfolk traffic, I should mention that I was not on the road during the normal morning and going home times.

Overall this hotel is worth a visit. It is clean, well maintained, and the staff was pleasant. The suites are a reasonable size. The living/kitchen area has the most room. The bedroom feels a bit cramped but you’re only in it to sleep. There is a good size closet but a definite lacking in the hanger area. I suppose it works for a short stay, but even though I pack light – five hangers on the ten day stay just doesn’t do it. Fortunately my wardrobe is relatively tasteless so drawers and shelves took up the slack without me having to resort to the ironing board and iron.

The breakfast will get a bit monotonous after a few days but it was good and plentiful. I only made it to one of the evening “socials” and the serving was basic but well done. I did not take advantage of all their services such as the in-room grocery delivery, pool, or workout room (Nor did I have any pets along) so I cannot report on those.

The “Airport” part of the name is accurate and proves to be one of the downside to this establishment. Over my ten day stay, the alarm set for 6:30 am only went off once as the 6:10 am departing flights usually did the job. The noise was not as loud or alarming as I expected as there seems to be adequate sound proofing, but you know when a plane is coming or going and if you’re outside you can read the tail number. This did not cause much concern as there were no flights during the night and I slept well after a long day at the work site.

The other downside would be that there is nothing within walking distance (and at my age my walking distance is not very far). Therefore you will be driving to restaurants or stores. If you are lazy and don’t want to trek to the grocery store or a restaurant, they do have some basic microwavable food and snacks in the lobby area. Be aware that the pricing for these items is outrageous.

The full kitchen, breakfast, and convenience of access to my work location more than compensated for my minor complaints. This was a pleasant stay.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled on business
We thank you for your recent review of the Residence Inn by Marriott Norfolk Airport. We are glad that you enjoyed your stay with us especially the pleasantness of the staff and the cleanliness of the room. I have shared your feedback with our entire staff and we will definitely address some of the concerns you've mentioned.

We hope that you will keep us in mind on your next visit to the Norfolk area and make the Residence Inn by Marriott, Norfolk Airport your "Home Away From Home."

Albany, NY
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2011

Enjoyed this hotel one night before heading to Virginia Beach. The free airport shuttle, supper, breakfast, pool with hot tub, and comfortable beds make this place a wonderful value for travelers on a budget. Check out the AAA discount!

• Stayed May 2011, traveled with family
Thank you for your recent review of the Residnce Inn by Marriott Norfolk Airport. We are glad that you enjoyed your stay with us and found the amenities we have to offer valuable.

We hope that you will keep us in mind on your next visit to the Norfolk area and make the Residence Inn by Marriott Norfolk Airport your "Home Away From Home."

Louie Marcelo-Glenn

Been to Residence Inn Norfolk Airport? Share your experiences!