“Just what you'd expect. ” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Save 15% This Summer!
Ranked #2 of 39 Hotels in Norfolk
Manchester, United Kingdom
“Just what you'd expect. ”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2014

This is a value for money large suite hotel and you get what you pay for and what you expect. The rooms are large and clean and the complex is central to motorways etc. Would recommend. Think gym and pool poor - check in staff very nice - and you need a car to get anywhere. Think it's good rather than very good but better than average.

Stayed July 2014
Dawn A, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Norfolk Virginia Beach, responded to this review, July 24, 2014
Dear MartinBOX78,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review. I am glad you were able to enjoy our spacious suites.

We strive to provide the best service and product in the area.

Dawn

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (48)
New York City, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2014

My familia and I just drove 8.5-hours from Oyster Bay-New York-->Ewing-New Jersey-->Norfolk-Virginia on 7/19/2014. We arrive between 3:30 am & 4 am and we exhausted from the looong drive. It was sooo refreshing to arrive at that time in the morning to a happy face at the front desk. Our room was perfect for 4 ladies and 1 man (all family). The beds were sooo comfortable. The breakfast was delicious and had a nice variety. The location was not too far from the major highway. I would definitely recommend this location. Great for an overnight stay.

Dear Xquizit,

Thank you for your review! I am happy to hear after a long travel day you were greeted with a smiling face.

Have a wonderful summer and hope to see you again soon!

Arnold, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2014

My brother and sister-in-law had their first child over a weekend in July and we wanted to come down on short notice to be with our family. He suggested SpringHill Suites Norfolk Virginia Beach and it was a wonderful stay at great price! Service was excellent and staff was very friendly!!! Would definitely stay here again.

Hi Mike S,

Thank you for your generous comments. I am happy you were able to enjoy your stay and congratulations on AJ!! We hope to see you soon.

Take Care,
Charlotte, NC
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2014

Booked online through corporate travel for a quick work trip, picked solely based on price and location. Arrived last night to a very nice front desk staff member and even though I felt unsafe walking in by myself from the parking lot, I tried to base my first impression on the hotel from the nice girl at the desk...
Next thing I know I am entering a sweltering hot elevator that smelled like a foot and didn't appear to have been vacuumed for some time. Third floor hallway was no better, filthy carpet down the entire hall. Entered my room, exhausted from all day travel, to find a dusty, dirty room. Bathroom was not clean- which I learned when I got in the shower. Tub was filthy, shower curtain liner was torn and falling off the bar, toilet seat was up and when I put it down discovered it too was disgusting, I was scared to walk barefoot in the room. The towels smelled dirty as well. First bed I went to get into was made funny- the flat sheet was pulled all the way up- when I pulled it down I saw hair and dirt all through the bed.... If I wasn't so tired, and had felt safer to leave the building late at night, I would've left and paid for another hotel out of my own pocket. The other bed appeared to be clean. The carpet and furniture was caked in dust, my allergies are still acting up from sleeping there. I had to put a table and lamp in front of the door to feel remotely safe. Also disappointed with the hotel breakfast, opted to pass on breakfast altogether. I told the front desk about my complaints this morning only to be told I would have to call back and talk to a manager. No apologies... Whatever happened to customer service? I don't ask for much in a hotel as I travel a lot for work- all I want is a clean room and to feel safe- this hotel struck out on both of those requests...

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
Dawn A, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Norfolk Virginia Beach, responded to this review, July 14, 2014
Hello Charlotte28,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review. I would like to apologize in advance for the issues you endured during your brief stay. If you have time and could give me a call so we can discuss further, my phone number is 757.333.3100.

I certainly look forward to speaking with you.

Baltimore, Maryland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2014

Excellent stay over 4th of July weekend. Hotel and staff were great and the daily breakfast was never lacking despite the number of guests. Room was clean and staff was extremely helpful. Great location that is close and convenient to all area attractions. Second year staying here and would definitely stay again.

• Stayed July 2014
Hello AColeman,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review. I am happy to hear that you had a wonderful stay with us.

We certainly hope to see you again soon!

Columbus, Ohio
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2014

We stayed at this hotel 7/2 -7/6/14. Although we were greeted with smiles and pleasant small talk, we began noticing the issues within the hotel. The temperature inside the hotel was in excess of 85 degrees. Rooms were not clean, found a large beetle in the middle of the bedroom floor and sand everywhere. The in room air conditioning had to fight with the heat in the hotel to keep the temperature at a reasonable level. Had to leave it set at 65 at all times. Breakfast was the same each morning (scrambled eggs and sausage), no variety. Maid service was terrible. Some days no clean towels, no bath tissue, trash not emptied. Did not finish "cleaning" our floor until after 6 PM each day. Stayed on 2nd floor, and trash had been thrown outside of our window onto front entrance canopy, with petrified chicken bones thrown all over roof. Indoor pool area was a disaster, with management allowing guests to jump, dive, scream, and harass other guests, even after several trips to front desk. Children in pool and on exercise equipment unattended. No towels in pool area on several occasions. Never again at this hotel.

Hello Gregory W,

Thank you for your feedback. I apologize for the shortcomings during your recent stay. I have reviewed the feedback with the team. We do strive to provide the best service and product in Norfolk.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2014

Front desk staff, in particular Nina Woodard was very nice, accommodating and provided great customer service. I would definitely stay here again! My room was clean and the breakfast was good as well.

• Stayed July 2014
Hello Stevondra,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review. I am so happy you enjoyed your stay with us and we made you feel at home. I will share your feedback with the team.

We look forward to seeing you again soon!

Dawn

Been to SpringHill Suites Norfolk Virginia Beach? Share your experiences!