“overnight stay” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #2 of 39 Hotels in Norfolk
Chapin, South Carolina, United States
“overnight stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2013

Stayed here 1 night on the way to Chincoteague, VA. The location was very convenient to the interstate and just about 3/4 of way to our destination. I made the reservation based on location and on the Marriott brand name. The facility exceeded our expectation. The staff was very friendly ands helpful. while making the reservation , during the stay and follow-up afterwards. The room was spacious and was complete with microwave, refrigerator (with freezer) and sink. The bedding was very comfortable and overall cleanliness was excellent. The price was low for the amenities provided. I would highly recommend this facility if you have a need to stay in the Norfolk/ Virginia Beach area.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars
Dawn A, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Norfolk Virginia Beach, responded to this review, November 5, 2013
Hi Bob,

Thank you for the wonderful feedback! I am glad you enjoyed our spacious rooms and had a great experience with the staff!!

Hope to see you again next time you are in town.

Thank you!

Greenville, South Carolina
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2013

First, I like Springhill Inn's and as a Marriott Platinum, they rank high. I selected this hotel based on reviews, price and location to my meeting. This is a little different than the average Springhill as it has a large lobby and big meeting rooms. The rooms are average - just a hotel room. The hotel is clean and easy to get to. The only thing that bothered me was the smell in the room. It was like it had been smoked in for years and then they were attempting to cover it. It was not worth complaining about or moving as it was not overpowering, Just in the back ground.

I will stay here again as overall it's just fine.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 stars
Dawn A, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Norfolk Virginia Beach, responded to this review, November 1, 2013
Hi Tim,

Thank you for staying with us this past week! I apologize about the smoking odor, we have always been a non-smoking hotel but I will make sure we deodorize the room thoroughly.

Thank you for the feedback and I am glad you enjoyed your stay with us.

Hope to see you again when traveling to Norfolk/Va. Beach area!
Washington DC, District of Columbia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2013

Got a suite that was large and impressive. The breakfast buffet was AWESOME! Had everything you could want. Great Bang for your buck! Huge plus, is the FREE shuttle that took me to the airport. Saved me a ton on time. I will be staying here next time I'm in town.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank LyneaC
Dawn A, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Norfolk Virginia Beach, responded to this review, October 31, 2013
Hello!

Thank you for your response! I am so happy you enjoyed your stay with us, having the shuttle is definitely a great added amenity for our guests.

We hope to see you again when in town!
tampa, fl
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2013

We have stayed at the Springhill Suites Norfolk on two occasions, once in July 2013 and then again at the end of August.

The rooms are nice and clean. Breakfast is pretty good. The location is a little bit odd and there isn't much around in terms of restaurants.

Our first stay in July was excellent overall, except for a 1am false fire alarm that had everyone evacuate the hotel and stand outside while fireman came and inspected every floor. I'm not sure how to avoid this, but it was definitely disrupting.

In August, we had a few issues during our stay. I had forgotten a razor and wanted to purchase in the little "store" at the front desk - but no razors. There was also no hair conditioner available during the entire stay. I never bring conditioner as hotels always provide it and I don't travel with unnecessary liquids. Couldn't purchase that in the hotel "store" either, so ended up making a trip to the drugstore to get these items. The manager said they were waiting on a shipment to replenish supplies. It probably would have been nice to get some temporary replacements for guests to use until the supplies arrived.

During this same August stay, my teenager daughter made the mistake of leaving her wallet zipped up in her school backpack in the room while we were gone. It had $50 cash in birthday money in it that was definitely there when we boarded the plane for Virginia. Though it can't be stated with 100% certainty that it was lost in the hotel, it's probable. From the plane, we went straight to the hotel and the backpack stayed there, zipped up, the duration of our weekend. As we were packing up, she noticed all cash was missing from her wallet. Lesson learned - she now knows not to ever leave her wallet unattended, though she had a hard time believing it wasn't safe in our locked hotel room and in her backpack.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
    • 2 of 5 stars
Dawn A, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Norfolk Virginia Beach, responded to this review, October 30, 2013
Hello,

Thank you for providing us with feedback for your stay during July and August. I will share this with my staff so we can use a real world training.

I would like to personally speak with you in reagards to your daughters wallet, please feel free to contact me anytime!

Thank you again and we hope to see you in the near furture.
San Antonio, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2013

My family and I had recently stayed at Springhill suites and what an experience! The rooms were clean and guest services was very accommodating. It is also very pleasing when a hotel offers a full breakfast buffet! Food was great :) I would definitely stay at this hotel again if ever in the area.

• Stayed September 2013
Good afternoon,

I am so happy to hear that you and your family had an enjoyable stay while at the SpringHill Suites. I will share this with my staff!

We hope to see you the next time you are in Norfolk/Va. Beach.

Warmly,
Virginia Beach, Virginia, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2013

My husband and I had a wonderful stay at this hotel. It was clean, and you had a home feeling throughout the whole place.......You won't be disappointed. Next time we go, we will go to Ruby Tuesday's for dinner. Instead of chinese......Can't wait to go again.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 stars
Dawn A, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Norfolk Virginia Beach, responded to this review, October 29, 2013
Hi Durinda,

We are so happy to hear that you and your husband had a great stay with us!! I will share your kind words with my staff!!

We hope to see you soon!
Raleigh, North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here for business and location. Rooms were very clean and staff was friendly. Only had a slight issue with the locking mechanism on the hotel room door...(had to be electronically reset twice).

Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Dawn A, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Norfolk Virginia Beach, responded to this review, October 21, 2013
Hi Ken,

Thank you for your kind words, my apologies about the room key.

We hope to see you again when in Norfolk!!!

Thanks!