“Overall nice hotel with a few issues.” 3 of 5 stars

Special Price
3-Night Stays: Save 15%
Ranked #2 of 39 hotels in Norfolk
tampa, fl
“Overall nice hotel with a few issues.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2013

We have stayed at the Springhill Suites Norfolk on two occasions, once in July 2013 and then again at the end of August.

The rooms are nice and clean. Breakfast is pretty good. The location is a little bit odd and there isn't much around in terms of restaurants.

Our first stay in July was excellent overall, except for a 1am false fire alarm that had everyone evacuate the hotel and stand outside while fireman came and inspected every floor. I'm not sure how to avoid this, but it was definitely disrupting.

In August, we had a few issues during our stay. I had forgotten a razor and wanted to purchase in the little "store" at the front desk - but no razors. There was also no hair conditioner available during the entire stay. I never bring conditioner as hotels always provide it and I don't travel with unnecessary liquids. Couldn't purchase that in the hotel "store" either, so ended up making a trip to the drugstore to get these items. The manager said they were waiting on a shipment to replenish supplies. It probably would have been nice to get some temporary replacements for guests to use until the supplies arrived.

During this same August stay, my teenager daughter made the mistake of leaving her wallet zipped up in her school backpack in the room while we were gone. It had $50 cash in birthday money in it that was definitely there when we boarded the plane for Virginia. Though it can't be stated with 100% certainty that it was lost in the hotel, it's probable. From the plane, we went straight to the hotel and the backpack stayed there, zipped up, the duration of our weekend. As we were packing up, she noticed all cash was missing from her wallet. Lesson learned - she now knows not to ever leave her wallet unattended, though she had a hard time believing it wasn't safe in our locked hotel room and in her backpack.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Dawn A, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Norfolk Virginia Beach, responded to this review, October 30, 2013
Hello,

Thank you for providing us with feedback for your stay during July and August. I will share this with my staff so we can use a real world training.

I would like to personally speak with you in reagards to your daughters wallet, please feel free to contact me anytime!

Thank you again and we hope to see you in the near furture.

221 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
San Antonio, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2013 via mobile

My family and I had recently stayed at Springhill suites and what an experience! The rooms were clean and guest services was very accommodating. It is also very pleasing when a hotel offers a full breakfast buffet! Food was great :) I would definitely stay at this hotel again if ever in the area.

• Stayed September 2013
Good afternoon,

I am so happy to hear that you and your family had an enjoyable stay while at the SpringHill Suites. I will share this with my staff!

We hope to see you the next time you are in Norfolk/Va. Beach.

Warmly,
Virginia Beach, Virginia, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2013

My husband and I had a wonderful stay at this hotel. It was clean, and you had a home feeling throughout the whole place.......You won't be disappointed. Next time we go, we will go to Ruby Tuesday's for dinner. Instead of chinese......Can't wait to go again.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Dawn A, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Norfolk Virginia Beach, responded to this review, October 29, 2013
Hi Durinda,

We are so happy to hear that you and your husband had a great stay with us!! I will share your kind words with my staff!!

We hope to see you soon!
Raleigh, North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here for business and location. Rooms were very clean and staff was friendly. Only had a slight issue with the locking mechanism on the hotel room door...(had to be electronically reset twice).

Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Dawn A, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Norfolk Virginia Beach, responded to this review, October 21, 2013
Hi Ken,

Thank you for your kind words, my apologies about the room key.

We hope to see you again when in Norfolk!!!

Thanks!
Virginia Beach, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2013

I have stayed at the springhill suites several times as a Marriott Gold Member and have loved it each time. The hotel was designed and decorated very well. The staff here is always excellent and friendly and go out of their way to take care of you if they can. Have never had anything but great experiences here.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Dawn A, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Norfolk Virginia Beach, responded to this review, October 15, 2013
HI Dave,

Thank you for your feedback!! I will share with the staff!!!

We take great pride in service at the SpringHill Suites.

Hope to see you again soon!

Warmly,
Falls Church, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2013

I am a Marriott brand hotel user for years and have been in numerous hotels around the Americas; from Canada to Chile/Argentina. Some staff of hotels try to show that they are helpful to make your stay a comfortable one but you can easily see it being fake. I rarely see that at Marriott brand hotels. Then comes to this jewel called SpringHill Suites Norfolk Virginia Beach, Virginia. Due to flight of my niece from Norfolk Naval Air Station and shipment of her car to a foreign destination, I chose this hotel for our stay; two rooms for a 24 hour stay. Amazingly, the staff bend backward and every which way to make our tight schedule an absolute joy.
This is my very first review after 40 years of travel but I owe the staff of this fine hotel a few minutes of my time to write this review as form of thank you. Camran

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Dawn A, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Norfolk Virginia Beach, responded to this review, October 11, 2013
Hello Camran,

Thank you so much for your kind words regarding the hotel and our staff! I am so pleased to hear such positive feedback!

Best of luck to your daughter and we hope to see you again in the near future!

All the best,
Dawn
Gaithersburg, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2013

After a horrifying experience at a hotel across the street, my husband and I checked into this hotel. My husband and I drove 4 hours to get to this area before he went back on military duty. We were nervous because the original hotel we checked into held our money and we didn't have much left to spend. I checked in with the general manager, Dawn (I believe that was her name). She was so friendly and understanding. She let us check into the room at an outstanding rate that we could afford. The staff was so friendly. The breakfast bar had a large variety to choose from. My husband and I utilized the gym which was very clean and the pool/hot tub. I am so happy with my experience there. They really saved our weekend. The one and only issue we had was the tub was wouldnt drain properly, but maintenance quickly addressed that issue.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Dawn A, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Norfolk Virginia Beach, responded to this review, October 8, 2013
Good Morning!!

It was a pleasure meeting you and your husband Friday evening! I am so happy to hear you were able to relax and enjoy your weekend at the SpringHill Suites.

We hope you will visit us again when in town!

Thank you for your kind words, I will share with the staff!

Been to SpringHill Suites Norfolk Virginia Beach? Share your experiences!