“Customer Service Is A Top Priority Here” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Earn Up To 25,000 Points
Ranked #2 of 39 Hotels in Norfolk
Falls Church, Virginia
“Customer Service Is A Top Priority Here”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2013

My husband and I recently spent three nights at the SpringHill Suites for the Rock 'n' Roll Half Marathon. We arrived late the day we checked in, and were quickly provided a room on a high floor (5th of six floors at this property), which we requested when we had made our reservation. When we first walked into our room, we were immediately impressed by the size of our room. There was plenty of space for my husband and I to spread out, which was much appreciated while relaxing after running the race.

Throughout our stay, we had several requests and each time we approached the front desk with a question the staff was quickly and easily able to assist us - everything from having extra towels delivered to our room, to letting us borrow scissors to work on completing our race day outfits, to providing great suggestions for local pizza delivery. It was clear that the front desk staff here is well trained and prepared to assist guests.

The only small hiccup that occurred during our stay was that our room wasn't cleaned on our second full day at the hotel. The maid came by our room at 12 noon, shortly after we returned to the hotel from the race, and we told the maid that we'd be out of the room within 30 minutes. She never returned to clean the room though.

However, when we checked out the next morning the general manager, Dawn, was assisting us. When she asked us how our stay was and we told her about the lack of room cleaning, she immediately took one night's charge off of our tab. This certainly wasn't necessary, but Dawn made it clear that she wanted to make up for the maid's shortfall. We've had stays at other hotels where our room has failed to have been cleaned, but not once before have we felt as though hotel management wanted to make up for its shortfall like Dawn did. We greatly appreciate Dawn's efforts, as well as the efforts of the entire front desk staff, and the next time we return to the Virginia Beach/Norfolk area we will definitely consider staying at SpringHill Suites again.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Dawn A, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Norfolk Virginia Beach, responded to this review, September 8, 2013
Thank you so much for your response! I am glad you enjoyed our spacious rooms.
It was a pleasure meeting both of you. I am glad that the front desk was able to assist you. We hope to see you next time when traveling to Norfolk/Virginia Beach.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
Quincy, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2013

First time staying at this property. Was greeted by Nicole who has one of the best personalities I've come across.
Was with my 7 year old grandson who also loved the hotel.
Only an hour away from Busch Gardens and 1/2 hour from Virginia Beach.
Breakfast was great, saved us a lot of money at Busch Gardens, a little early but there's a Denneys across the street if you can get over the highway.
Ruby Tuesdays and a bank litterally next door.
Already planning on going back next year.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Dawn A, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Norfolk Virginia Beach, responded to this review, September 5, 2013
Annette,

Thank you so much for your wonderful feedback. I happy you enjoyed your stay with us. Nicole is amazing and happy to have her with us. We certainly hope to see you back the next time you are in town!!

Haymarket, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2013

Over the past few years I have stayed at this property plenty of times as my son had been playing college football at Norfolk State University. We were greeted with a smile as usual and checked in very efficiently. Our room was clean and the breakfast was great to get us started on our way. Keep up the good work Management and staff. We look forward to staying there again soon.

Room Tip: Even though the hotel is a stones throw from I-264 I have never experienced noise from the highway o...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Dawn A, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Norfolk Virginia Beach, responded to this review, September 4, 2013
Hi Mr. Hitch,

Thank you for your kind words!!! We are so happy that you continue to stay with us when visiting Norfolk State University. We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Best of luck to your son this year!!

Warmly,
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2013 via mobile

Nina...not sure on spelling.....was very helpful. She needed more help but that's not her fault...its managements....once she got to us she went all the way to help us.....great room...and she made a recommendation to a local seafood place that gave us one of the best meals of our trip.....hotle good...nina is great!!!

• Stayed August 2013
Dawn A, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Norfolk Virginia Beach, responded to this review, August 26, 2013
Hello,

Thank you so much for the great feedback. Nina is absolutely amazing and I am proud to have her on our team. I am glad she recommended a great seafood restuarant for you to enjoy. I certainly hope we will see you again when traveling to Norfolk.

Washington, DC
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2013

This was our 3rd stay at the SpringHill Suites Norfolk Virginia Beach, and our best yet. We stayed for 3 nights. The beds were surprisingly comfortable, including even the pull-out couch - and we all know those aren't usually very comfortable, but this one was. The hotel staff strive to keep the public areas clean throughout the day. The pool is small but well-maintained, with an ample supply of towels. Unfortunately the hot tub wasn't in full working order on this stay, but they're working to fix it. The breakfast buffet was impressive, and the staff work to keep it well-stocked throughout the morning. Check-in was amazingly swift and friendly. Most of all, though, ALL of the staff we interacted with were very friendly and welcoming, and seemed happy to be there. Wireless internet worked fine. Great job, SpringHill Suites Norfolk Virginia Beach!

Good Morning,

Thank you so much for your wonderful feedback! I am happy to hear that you enjoyed the comfort of your room and the pull out sofa was also comfortable. I apologize about the hot tub, it is now up and running, I hope you can enjoy it the next time you are in town. We truly have a great staff here at the SpringHill Suites, I am lucky to have such great associates.

Warmly,
Charlotte, NC
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2013

Let me start by saying that I work in the hospitality industry, so I definitely look for excellent guest relation opportunities to occur so that I can report them. People are quick to report the negative and so quick to disregard the positive. My wedding was at the Springhill Suites Norfolk Virginia Beach on 7/20/13. I have to admit that we were on a tight budget so we were praying that the hotel would be able to pull it off. The night before when we checked in, we were greeted by a wonderful lady by the name of Portia. She was so friendly and accomadating for us. We had simple requests, and she ensured that they were handled. We had 4 sleeping rooms and needed them all to be on different floors so that my husband and I did not see each other before the ceremony on our special day. The morning of, my nerves were so frazzled and it was at that moment that Sheneda Hollis came to my rescue. She took my hand and told me everything was going to be alright and that all I needed to do was to show her how I wanted everything set up. She walked my matron of honor and myself to the ballroom where my reception was being held and I showed her how I wanted my tables set up and how I wanted the rest of the room done. She told me not to worry and to go get dressed! Our families absolutely loved the fact that the banquet staff was so quick to set up and have everything accurate. Our family and friends were so impressed by the food and the level of customer service that was provided by this staff. They were extremely helpful and were there if we needed anything or had any questions. Sheneda just showed extra compassion for my situation, and was just there to reassure me that all would be right for our special day. The entire staff was wonderful in assisting us and we will forever be thankful for you making our day a HUGE SUCCESS! We also have to tip our hats to the chef that prepared such an amazing meal. Our families can not stop talking about it! Thanks again to Portia, the banquet staff, and last but definitely not least Sheneda! The hotel is lucky to have you all on their payroll!!!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Dawn A, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Norfolk Virginia Beach, responded to this review, August 16, 2013
Hello Courtney<

Thank you so much for the wonderful praise. Sheneda Hollis is a wonderful employee and we are happy to have her on our team. I am so glad your reception was a beautiful success! Please come back and stay with us on your anniversary!!

Congratulations to you and your new husband.

All the best,
Lawrenceville, Georgia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2013

The first room we were given was not very clean and after returning to the front desk and explaining the situation we were given another room immediately. The second room was very clean and much large than we expected The bed was extremely comfortable and the room décor was very cheerful.
The indoor pool area smelled stale and the water was a little murky looking but in their defense we did see a sign near the entrance stating something was out of order the weekend of Aug.4.

When we went downstairs to eat breakfast on Sunday there was absolutely no place for us to sit down at all. I noticed a gentlemen who had eaten walk out of a door leading out the back of the Hotel so it is possible that some of those eating were not even staying at the Hotel. But the food was tasty and the stay was great for the price. I heard the waffles were absolutely delicious but I was not able to get close to the waffle iron.

Overall the hotel just needs to make some minor adjustments to be a "great hotel for a great price" instead of a "nice hotel for a great price". I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Dawn A, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Norfolk Virginia Beach, responded to this review, August 14, 2013
Hello,

Thank you for the feedback, my apologies on your first room. I am so gald you enjoyed our suites. Our waffles are a popluar item for breakfast, I certainly hope you can stay with us again and enjoy some waffles.

We look forward to having you stay with us when you are traveling to Norfolk.

Been to SpringHill Suites Norfolk Virginia Beach? Share your experiences!