My husband and I stayed here for one night while he was on a business trip after having a so-so experience at a rather noisy Holiday Inn nearby. While we got in to the SpringHill Suites late and left rather early the next day, we still had much better experience here. I wouldn't technically call our room a "suite" with a separate bedroom - the bed was separated from the living area by a half-partition - but it was still spacious. There was a mini-kitchen area with a small refrigerator (with separate freezer) and microwave, sink, and disposable plates/utensils. The vanity area is outside of the bathroom, making it easy for one of us to use the mirror while the other was taking a shower. The room was very quiet, and the HVAC unit was SUPER quiet. A super-comfy pillowtop bed helped us sleep easy at night. The free Wi-Fi worked very well for my husband, who needed to be online monitoring backups for his office in the wee hours of the morning. The free breakfast buffet had plenty of consistently HOT items (unlike the Holiday Inn, where hot items were kept lukewarm and you had to pay an extra $10 for the buffet), plus a variety of healthy choices. The lobby area was beautiful, with a nice fountain and comfortable seating for the morning buffet. I can't comment on the pool or fitness facilities, since we didn't utilize them, but they do have a few conference rooms and very nice downstairs restroom facilities that are open at all hours. And everyone treated us courteously and professionally.
The (minor) cons: While the bathroom lighting was great, the lighting around the vanity area was rather dim, which would make putting on makeup kind of difficult. The toilet paper dispenser is located too far away from the toilet for some reason - we just took the toilet paper off the roll to use it. And like most Marriott hotels, I guess, they don't have vending machines on the floors; for quick snacks without leaving the premises, you have to pay inflated prices at their "marketplace" next to the front desk. (You could probably go to the nearby Rite Aid to stock up on snacks or essentials at a better price, as long as you don't need the items in the middle of the night.)
But those were minor issues, and overall, we had a pleasant stay during our brief time here. If my husband comes to the Norfolk area for business again, this would definitely be among his first choice of hotels to stay at.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Springhill Suites Norfolk/Virginia Beach is a centrally located all suites hotel near Virginia Beach, VA. Only minutes from Virginia Beach Town Center and the Virginia Beach Oceanfront activities. Farm Bureau live is only a short drive from our Spring Hill Suites Norfolk hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Tingo, BookingOdigeoWL, Despegar.com, Hotels.com, Priceline, Venere and Agoda so you can book your SpringHill Suites Norfolk Virginia Beach reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Springhill Suites Norfolk Virginia Beach Hotel Norfolk
- Norfolk Springhill Suites