“Nice Hotel for Business Stay” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Earn Rewards Points!
Ranked #2 of 39 Hotels in Norfolk
Dandridge, Tennessee
“Nice Hotel for Business Stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2013

I recently stayed at this hotel while taking a week-long class at a nearby school. The hotel is currently undergoing renovation in its lobby, but other than that, I found the property to be very nice. The room was large with a comfortable bed, and the housekeeping service did a good job with cleaning and making sure I had plenty of clean towels.

There was a complimentary breakfast, which was exactly the same every morning. It was pretty average. No other meals were provided, but they did have the "Order Inn" service available. I did have one complaint about there not being coffee or tea available at any other time than breakfast, despite the hotel booklet in the room saying coffee and tea would be available 24/7 in the lobby.

The hotel does have a gym and an indoor pool, though the gym facilities were pretty sparse and the temperature in the room was cranked way too high to be safe for exercise. However, the front desk did turn the temperature down upon my request.

Overall, this is a pretty average business hotel with good proximity to the airport and the major highways. I would stay here again.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Terry F, Manager at SpringHill Suites Norfolk Virginia Beach, responded to this review, February 4, 2013
Thank you for your helpful comments. We hope that if you are in that area again, you will give our property a second chance and hopefully we will have addressed the few concerns you expressed. Thank you again for choosing our property.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
Upper Marlboro,MD
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2013

I booked this hotel by accident thinking it was a different Marriott property in the area. I was pleasantly surprised. It was right off of the interstate but you could not hear the traffic. It was very clean. SPOTLESS. It is right beside a Ruby Tuesdays, across from Denny's and they even have have room service.which is very unusual for this category of hotel. Nice lobby with lots of seating, good free breakfast and very friendly staff.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for choosing our hotel for your recent stay and thank you for submitting your comments about the hotel. I am glad that you were pleased with your stay and I hope that you will choose our hotel for future stays when you return to the area.
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2013

This is one of the worst hotels I have ever stayed at. I am a Marriott man all the way and this property is just not up to par. When I arrived I had to wait for about 10 minutes for someone to come and greet me. Once I got my key I headed up to the room. The elevator had trash all over the floor. The hallway leading up to my room was DISGUSTING!! It was apparent nobody had vacuumed in days (if not weeks). The floor in the room had dirt and debris. The shower was not up to par either. The shower head was switchable, and switching back-and-forth left you with nothing but the same trickle of water. I could have had a better shower with a garden hose. The bed was old and lumpy which lead to the worst sleep of my life. The check-out was just like check-in, SLOW. I only stayed one night, and it was one night too many.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Wakefield, RI
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2012

This property is still fairly new, convenient to the interstate, situated behind a bank and a Ruby Tuesday. Very expansive lobby, really nicely done in fact. Large TV viewing area, good sized eating area. Rooms are clean and comfortable- if you've been to a new Fairfield Inn/Suites- they are just a tad more spacious. Desk and sofa in the front part of the room, along with a sink/fridge/microwave (no stove). The only odd design in the room was the TV placement. You have two double beds yet the TV is placed diagonally on a dresser to the left of the closest bed- so if you're in the more distant bed, it is difficult to watch. I guess they do this so you can pivot the TV to be watched from the sofa area as well. There are no rooms on the first floor. Very pleasant and accommodating staff. Breakfast (free) was above average- eggs, grits, sausage, waffles, sugary cereal, yogurt, fruit. For dinner I tried a neighborhood place called Surf Rider, a 5 minute drive. Good local seafood, reasonably priced. Overall this hotel is a very good choice for the business or recreational traveler. Rates were reasonable- $84 AAA rate for a weekday stay.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
NYC, NY
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

I needed a hotel for one night when the start of my trip was a bit unexpected and my original hotel was sold out since I arrived a day earlier than planned.

I converged upon this hotel after getting to Virginia Beach. It's actually located right off of Newtown Road which is right by the highway and many busy secondary streets, which made getting around a breeze. Front desk at check in was very nice, and I asked about discounts etc and lo and behold, they accepted AAA. I booked my one night stay and was on my way

I was pleasantly surprised about the room. Couch, mini fridge and microwave and sink, desk with lamp and charging ports, and a very comfortable bed. Upon review, the mattress and box spring were almost brand new. The room was clean and neat, although I agree with another reviewer, some touch up paint would be nice in certain spots. Otherwise, it was an enjoyable stay.

The people were friendly and the lobby was very nice. If I needed to I would stay there again.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2012 via mobile

This hotel is right off the hwy! Good location! I have nothing bad to say...Beds slept great. Water temps in shower was perfect.

Some of the walls could use a little touch up paint but for the most part my family and I slept comfortable.

The dining area in my opinion was a little awkward. I understand the whole stylish theme but simple tables and chairs is really sufficient.

Breakfast was your expected. There was your traditional continental and french toast, waffles, scrambled eggs, turkey links and patties. I may warn you, the turkey sausage are very oily.

• Stayed October 2012
Wilmington, Delaware
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2012

Whenever traveling to VA Beach and can't get a reasonable room right there on the beach, I prefer to stay at the Springhill Suites, Norfolk/VA Beach. Comfy/clean rooms, hospitable staff and hot breakfast. Who could ask for more?! You're approximately 15 mins from the Greenbrier (Chesapeake) and LynnHaven (Virginia beach) malls and restaurants and approx. 20 minutes (straight run) to the beach. Definitely meets Marriott's quality and pursuit of excellence.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to SpringHill Suites Norfolk Virginia Beach? Share your experiences!