“Probably the best Mexican food i town” 4 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #160 of 613 Restaurants in Norfolk
Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Dining on a budget
Dining options: Takeout
Description: This is a new restaurant near the Joint Forces Command in Norfolk. Its near the corner of Terminal Blvd. and Hampton Blvd.
Norfolk, Virginia
“Probably the best Mexican food i town”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2014

I've eaten at probably close to a dozen Mexican joints in town in my few years here, and some of them were good, some not so much. I never even gave this place a shot, even though its just down the road from base. Half of the time it looks abandoned, so I didn't think there would be much to it. But I went in finally ... oh man. It is GOOD. The mushroom quesadilla was just ridiculous! Good vegetarian options.

• Visited May 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Bremerton, Washington
“Good food and service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2014

Went for lunch. Great lunch specials. Great service! Go early. They have plenty of tables but by 11:25a there was a short wait.

Norfolk, Virginia, United States
“Amazing and delicious!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2013

Awesome food..very friendly staff..huge portions...great prices..you cant go wrong eating here!! Very nice atmosphere condusive to a mexican resteraunt

• Visited October 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Chesapeake, Virginia
“Very Fast Lunch Service, 06 Sep 2013”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2013

As busy as it was on this Friday at lunch, the service was very fast at Oro Azteca. Despite being alone and the small place being packed, I was seated within only a few minutes. Chips and salsa was delivered before I could open the menu and the waiter was asking what I wanted to drink. Things really move at lunch time.

My tea was promptly determined and I still hadn’t had enough time to location the lunch section of the menu. I decided on one of the lunch specials, all at very reasonable prices, and placed the order with the waiter.

The chips were served with the traditional tomato-based salsa and also a white sauce, which I was unable to determine the ingredients. The standard basket of chips is enough for a table full of patrons, so I certainly did not put a dent in it quantity. My meal arrived in less than ten minutes (one Taco, one Enchilada and Rice or $5.75).

The food quality was good; but not fantastic, and quite plentiful. I was unable to finish all the Rice.

Turnover at lunch time is very quick here and as a party finished and left their table, another party was promptly seated. The place remained packed throughout the time I was there. It is not a large place and parking wrapped around the building, which can get tight at lunchtime. The restaurant sits adjacent to a road which has a traffic light, so it is easy to make a left turn across Hampton Blvd, if you need to go north. This makes it easy for those working on the Navy Base and the Shipping Terminal.

A lot of food quickly served and very reasonably priced. Add to this easy an easy left turn onto Hampton Blvd, if needed. I’ll return for lunch again.

• Visited September 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Monterey, California
“Best Mexican food in Norfolk!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2013

I was introduced to Oro Azteca when I first arrived in Norfolk and proceeded to visit at least once every two weeks until I left (about a 6 month span). This place has great service, delicious chips and salsa, and not an item on the menu that I didn't enjoy. And did I mention the margaritas? Because they're fabulous! My favorite dish was the fajita quesadilla. Great for lunch or dinner.

• Visited April 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Been to Oro Azteca? Share your experiences!

If you own or manage Oro Azteca, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.