“Love the Stay” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #5 of 39 hotels in Norfolk
Archdale, North Carolina, United States
“Love the Stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2013

first i have never received an email in reference to appreciation. So this is a great start. This hotel is was located in the convenience of all the activities I wanted to achieve during my stay.
The room was clean and comfortable.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
Wesley D, General Manager at Courtyard Norfolk Downtown, responded to this review, October 30, 2013
Thank you for sharing your comments regarding your recent stay with us. Our goal is to ensure every guest is satisfied on every stay so to hear positive feedback is motivating for us. I will be sure to share your comments with our staff and we hope to see you again soon.

234 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (41)
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2013

Came down from NYC for a Wedding, stayed 3 nights. Received a warm welcome from staff, they were very attentive to our needs. Parking and retrieving my car at various times was a breeze. The King Guest Room was very clean, all appliances worked, my allergy to certain odors wasn't affected which was great! A minor con was the air vent in the bathroom that had no turn off switch. We slept comfortable, the bed wasn't like Bellagio's in Vegas, ha, but just right. The location is walking distance to various attractions and MacArthur Center. Bring your military id., they offer discounts with you id. Seniors too get discounts. Access to highway Rte 264 and 64 is minutes away. We left at 5:30 am, in my haste, not knowing, I left a personal item. I received a call at home in the afternoon that caught me by surprise and made me feel grateful from a young lady who identified the item. She ask how I like the item returned, pick-up or mail. I ask that it be mailed and thanked her, she replied we're here at your service. I also received an e-mail from Mr. Nimo Romero, Asst GM, thanking me for choosing Courtyard by Marriott asking if he can be of service to let him know. I responded explaining what happened. He assured me that the item would be returned first thing in the morning, a few days later I received it Federal Express. My whole hearted thanks to the staff and Mr. Romero for making my experience at Marriott very comfortable.

Robert

Room Tip: If your into fitness choose the 5th floor - gym and laundry mat. The 6th floor has a nice pool and...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Wesley D, General Manager at Courtyard Norfolk Downtown, responded to this review, October 27, 2013
Thank you for sharing your positive comments about your recent stay with us. We truly appreciate the feedback. I will be sure to pass along the kind remarks to our staff. We look forward to serving all your future lodging needs.

Boston, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2013

Although only a one night stay, great stay! Everyone very attentive, great service at check-in, helpful staff with directions and recommendations for places to go. From valet, to counter, and including the Bistro, every single person I dealt with was polite, friendly, helpful, and had answers for questions when asked. I have been in Quality Assurance for 43 years - THIS IS WHAT CUSTOMER SERVICE IS ALL ABOUT! By the way the rooms were also immaculately clean!
Bob G, Director of QA Food Industry

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Wesley D, General Manager at Courtyard Norfolk Downtown, responded to this review, October 8, 2013
Thank you for sharing your comments about your recent stay! It is refreshing to hear such feedback from someone with your expertise! I will be sure to share your comments with our associates!

Murphy, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2013

I feel compelled to share my experience with all of you considering a stay with Courtyard Norfolk. My 12 year old was in a tragic accident that ultimately ended his life. I currently reside in North Carolina and needed a place to stay in VA while my son was in the hospital fighting for his life. Understanding that this was peak season for the area we knew it would be hard to find a inexpensive rate. The owners of this Courtyard Marriott went out of their way to accommodate our family during this very difficult time and upon our departure we were informed that there would be no charge for our entire stay. WOW, this is unheard of in this day and age and goes to show there are still kind people in this world. We cannot thank them enough for their kindness and generosity. May God's blessing be upon them and their loved ones.
The Schill Family

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for sharing your comments about your recent stay here with us! We appreciate your feedback. Our goal is to try and make every guest experience an exceptional one!

St. Marys, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2013

The staff was very accommodating. They wanted you to feel at home, beds were better than a Westin Ive stayed at. Going back next weekend! Loved it! During a football game the invited us to join them in the lobby for popcorn half priced drinks. I didnt like the parking charge, to me that was a little much, but the staff made up for it.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Wesley D, General Manager at Courtyard Norfolk Downtown, responded to this review, October 2, 2013
We love getting positive feedback from our guests! Thank you for the kind words. I do believe that our staff is what sets up apart from the competition! We look forward to seeing you again in the near future!

Tampa, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2013

The walls here are so thin I could hear my neighbor's TV. The front desk did respond by asking the neighboring guest to lower the volume, but I was still kept awake by the loud click of the AC every time it turned on. Also, I was in a room on the top floor and it smelled like mold when I walked in. I was moved to a room on a lower floor and it was quieter and fresher. Still, this is an old hotel; don't be fooled by the updated lobby. Also note there's a steep parking charge.

Room Tip: Choose a corner room; they're quieter.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Wesley D, General Manager at Courtyard Norfolk Downtown, responded to this review, September 30, 2013
Thank you for sharing your comments regarding your recent stay here with us at the Courtyard downtown Norfolk. I apologize for the lack of freshness in the first room you were checked into. I am investigating the issue and will ensure it is corrected immediately. Noise issues do arise from time to time but I am glad to hear that our desk staff quickly addressed the issue with the guests next door to you. Most downtown markets require a parking fee in order to provide their guests with reasonable parking arrangements. Our parking fee is one of the lowest parking fees in the downtown Norfolk market and we also provide valet services 24/7 at no extra charge. Our hotel is only 10 years old and was totally renovated in 2011 in order to better serve our lodging guests.

3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2013 via mobile

I was disappointed with all the fees. There is a separate charge for everything and no one informs you of it. There is valet parking only and even if you park and walk, you are charged. You will have to inform the front desk that your car was not parked there to have the fee removed. Additionally, the hotel employee has to park your car and the hotel assumes no responsibilty for theft or damage to your car in their parking lot. So if anything happens to your vehicle, it would have to be done by a hotel employee, because no one else is in the parking lot! I would rather pay a higher rate for the room and have everything incorporated in one bill. You pay for everything, but are not given anything, not even a breakfast muffin or a piece of fruit. I feel you are nickeling and diming your customers to death.

• Stayed September 2013
Thank you for sharing your comments regarding your recent stay here with us at the Courtyard Downtown Norfolk. As with most downtown markets across the country, there is normally a charge for parking due to the space restrictions in those markets. We do make every effort to ensure our customers know about the valet parking charges prior to their arrival. If you book online, it is explained in detail on your confirmation email. If you book via telephone, it is told to you during the confirmation process. Also, I personally send out a pre-arrival letter to every arriving guest's email address explaining the features of our hotel including the valet parking policies. If you shop around the downtown Norfolk hotels, you will find that each hotel requires a parking fee. Some hotels charge you an additional fee to valet your car for you. Due to our parking structure, we have to valet every car but we offer valet services 24/7 and our fees are lower than almost any other hotel and we provide a greater service. As with all Courtyard hotels, our Bistro offers high quality breakfast and dinner entrees for a nominal price. We believe in offering our guests with a freshly made breakfast instead of a cold buffet. I am sorry that you feel like you were nickeled and dimed, but I believe the quality of food and level of service is well worth the nominal price we charge.

Wesley Dove

Been to Courtyard Norfolk Downtown? Share your experiences!