“I really enjoyed my stay and the front desk staff was pleasant.” 5 of 5 stars

Hotel packages
Special Offer
Earn Up To 25,000 Points
Ranked #7 of 39 Hotels in Norfolk
“I really enjoyed my stay and the front desk staff was pleasant.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2013 via mobile

I loved the hotel and what was even better was that it was very close to the mall. I really enjoyed my stay and the front desk staff was very pleasant.
They have a small exercise room that's not too far from the hotel terrace and an indoor pool and hot tub.
There were numerous restaurants in the area.

Just so happen during my stay It was Restaurant Week. The staff at the front desk recommended Kinkaids which was located right in the mall across the street and it was
delicious. My stay was Great!!

• Stayed July 2013
Wesley D, General Manager at Courtyard Norfolk Downtown, responded to this review, July 25, 2013
Thank you for sharing your comments with us. Our goal is to ensure that every guest has a pleasant and relaxing experience at our hotel. I will be sure to share your comments with our staff at our next meeting. Thank you for your business and we look forward to seeing you again soon.

Wesley Dove

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (41)
Columbia, South Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2013

My overall stay was average, but turned into excellent. The toilet would not flush in our room and we had to go downstairs to the lobby to use the restroom. The hotel was booked and no other rooms were available until the next day. The staff had to order a part to correct the problem; however everyone involved to correct this situation from maintenance, front desk, valet, bellman and housekeeping provided excellent customer service. I will stay at this property again when in Virginia. Kudos to the Courtyard Marriott Downtown Norfolk!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for sharing your comments about your recent stay here with us at the Courtyard Downtown Norfolk. I will be sure to share your comments with our staff members at our next meeting. Thank you for your patronage and we look forward to serving your future lodging needs.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2013

Very straight foward, efficient hotel. Just a bit surprised that the only staff on the premises was the front desk and valet persons. Very helpful person (Robert) in charge at the front desk. I thought they could have had a person helping you to your room with the luggage.

• Stayed July 2013
Wesley D, General Manager at Courtyard Norfolk Downtown, responded to this review, July 22, 2013
Thank you for sharing your positive comments about your recent stay here with us at the Courtyard Downtown Norfolk! We do not have bellman at this hotel but normally try and schedule additional staffing during peak timeframes to help guests with their luggage, etc. We appreciate your business and look forward to serving your future lodging needs.

Charlotte, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2013

I travel to Norfolk a lot and normally stay at the Sheraton. This last time it was booked. My Platinum Status with Starwood couldn't bump me in so I had to search elsewhere for a hotel in downtown Norfolk. I was quite impressed with Courtyard Norfolk, so much so that if it wasn't for my status would Starwood, I would consider switching loyalty to Mariott. The staff was as welcoming as any 5 star hotel, even stepping around the counter to hand me my key card. The rooms were very spacious and quiet for a downtown hotel. I really enjoyed the electronic board locating local attractions and the breakfast had many healthy options.

Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Wesley D, General Manager at Courtyard Norfolk Downtown, responded to this review, July 15, 2013
Thank you for sharing your comments about your recent stay here with us. We pride ourselves in delivering superior customer service and comfortable accommodations. I would invite you to stay with us for all your future lodging needs. We would love to have you join the Courtyard family. If there is anything I can do for you, please do not hesitate to call me directly.

757-963-6000 ext 6003
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

My overall stay was excellent i would definitely refer my family n friends to stay at the Courtyard Marriott Downtown Norfolk va 520 Plume St. They whole staff was so nice to i couldn't of stay at a better hotel thanks everyone for ur excellent service. Sindella Colunio.

• Stayed July 2013
Thank you for sharing your comments regarding your recent stay here with us! We pride ourselves in ensuring that every guest has a pleasant and comfortable experience. We look forward to serving all your future lodging needs.

Williamsburg, VA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2013

We decided to stay overnight in Norfolk on a Saturday so we could enjoy the Bayou Boogaloo music and food again on Sunday at Waterside Park. We booked a room at the Courtyard Marriott because the other two hotels where we had stayed in the past were already full. We were very happy with the Courtyard hotel, and will definitely stay there next time we spend the night in Norfolk. It was a bit tricky to find (our GPS must need an update, it told us to turn the wrong way on one-way streets) and we drove past Plume Street the first time, but easily made a U-turn and found our way to the hotel. All staff were efficient and friendly at the front desk and valet parking. Room was very quiet, clean, and comfortable. Nice to have a refrigerator! Bath was roomy and there was plenty of closet space. I didn't give it an "excellent" rating because the cafe has such a limited menu and the prices were too high. However, we walked a couple of blocks over to the Jewish Mother Backstage and had a great breakfast with Bloody Marys on Sunday morning. Plenty of excellent restaurants up and down Granby Street within easy walking distance. Hotel is within easy and safe walking distance of Waterside Park, the Scope and the National (sports and music venues). It's also right next door to the MacArthur mall with excellent shopping. There is also a big indoor pool and hot tub but we didn't have time to enjoy these amenities.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Wesley D, General Manager at Courtyard Norfolk Downtown, responded to this review, July 1, 2013
Thank you for staying with us and sharing your comments with us. It is our goal to satisfy each and every guest. I regret that the price points in the Bistro kept you from eating with us. Our desire is to offer quality menu items at a reasonable price and easy accessibility. Thank you for your comments and we look forward to serving all your future lodging needs.

Akron, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2013 via mobile

Picked a great spot to start our vacation! We decided to get into our beach vacation mode early this year by stopping in Norfolk two days early. Court yard Marriott was a great pick! Service, cleanliness and location was perfect. Several things very close to do as well if interested. USS Wisconsin is close, Maritime Center as well. You can even catch a baseball game at Harbor Park and see the Norfolk Tides AA team play. Highly recommend this stop if you are looking for a great hotel!

• Stayed June 2013
Thank you for your kind words about your recent stay here with us at the Courtyard Downtown Norfolk. Our goal is to make each and every stay a memorable one! We appreciate your business and look forward to serving you again in the future.

Wesley Dove

Been to Courtyard Norfolk Downtown? Share your experiences!