“A truly average stay” 3 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“A truly average stay”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2013

Stayed at the Courtyard Norfolk Downtown for one night this past weekend. It was clean, quiet and safe and the staff were pleasant (when we could find them). Nothing special, but no major complaints. I did knock a star off of the review because valet parking is $19 (no self-park option). I would possibly stay here again should I be in Norfolk, but I would look at other options as well.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
Tony_Parrow, General Manager at Courtyard Norfolk Downtown, responded to this review, March 6, 2013
Thank you for the review! As an avid tripadvisor user, your feedback is so valuable to us. First, I'd like to say that I'm glad you did not experience and issues during your stay. With that said, I’m really sorry that you didn’t experience the WOW that our team usually provides. We all can be off our game once in a while but we truly strive to provide a memorable stay for every guest. I will share your feedback with my team so that we can make sure we provide that extra WOW in the future. Thank you very much for your valued feedback and of course, your business! –Tony Parrow, General Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (46)
Norfolk, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2013 via mobile

My husband and I were spending some time together before he deployed and chose this hotel to spend it at. We were nothing but impressed! The staff was friendly and very accommodating. The valet was wonderful! $19 a night but completely worth it! We never made it to the bistro for dinner but one day for lunch I went down to the market in the lobby and got a sandwich. The sandwich came with mayonnaise packets but since I don't like mayonnaise I asked the front desk if there was any way that I could get some mustard. She called the bistro, which was closed, and they brought me out some mustard. I really could go on and on about this hotel, my stay was absolutely perfect and everyone down to housekeeping was very polite and friendly. If I ever need another hotel in Norfolk I will more than likely choose the Courtyard again. It was the perfect location for anything I needed or wanted and, more importantly, I felt very at home and welcomed.

Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Tony_Parrow, General Manager at Courtyard Norfolk Downtown, responded to this review, February 11, 2013
Hello!
Thank you for the very kind review. I’m really glad that everything went so well for you and your husband. Thank you and your husband for your service! We hope to be able to serve your travel needs again in the future. –Tony Parrow
Norfolk, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2013

With several other hotel options in the area, the Courtyard Norfolk Downtown is the hotel most often requested by our visitors who are in town on business. The parking is onsite with swift valet service, the location is right downtown and convenient to everything; shopping, restaurants, sporting events, business offices, waterfront, museums, etc. Our guests like their exercise room and indoor pool, business center, and the relaxing and inviting lobby and Bistro. The guests rooms are spotless, spacious and modern; and comfortable! The Starbucks and breakfast at the Bistro are just added treats. Personally when I am in need of a hotel for family or friends visiting the area, this is where I put them for all of the reasons above, but especially because of the staff! They treat everyone like family and I know they are taken care of and will enjoy their stay.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Tony_Parrow, General Manager at Courtyard Norfolk Downtown, responded to this review, February 4, 2013
Thank you so much for taking the time to submit such a positive review! We sincerely appreciate your business and I’m so glad that everything goes so well for your guests. Please let me know if there is anything I can do to further assist. We truly look forward to serving your corporate and personal travel needs again in the future. It is always a pleasure to have your guests in the hotel.
Thanks again! -Tony Parrow
Jacksonville, North Carolina, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2012

My husband and I stayed here for 1 night. The check-in and check-out process was easy. All of the staff here were friendly. The location is great and close to the mall and restaurants. We ate breakfast at The Bistro located in the lobby and the food was excellent. The hotel appearance is very modern and our room was clean. Valet parking is a little pricey ($19 per day). Overall we had a great stay.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Tony_Parrow, General Manager at Courtyard Norfolk Downtown, responded to this review, January 3, 2013
Thank you for the review! We sincerely appreciate your business. I’m glad that the staff, hotel, restaurant worked out so well for you! Thank you for choosing the newly renovated Courtyard Norfolk Downtown!
Raleigh, North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2012

I recently stayed at this location while in town on business. The staff was awesome and the manger took time to carry on a friendly conversation with me in the Bistro. The room was very comfortable and close to downtown stores and restaurants. Overall a great experience.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Hello! Thank you for taking the time to write a review! We are so glad that you had a great experience. We pride ourselves our team. Thank you for choosing the newly renovated Courtyard Norfolk Downtown!

Virginia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2012

Arrived solo, found my way to the parking garage (read on TA not to use Valet), parked on 2nd level and immediately was not sure which staircase led to hotel (nothing marked), keeping in mind it is dark and late and I'm alone. After descending down a dark staircase I was on the street not near the lobby. Check-in was smooth, front desk staff VERY friendly. Decided I would have a night cap before retiring, Bistro dead - could see staff in the back on their cell phones, waited for a few minutes - bagged the idea. Upon arrival in my room, the connecting door was open, a few drawers were open in my room - very unsettling. Room in great repair, nice bedding, bed not so comfy as others have reported (if you are used to the standard Marriott bedding, you need to stay at a Marriott), heating/air conditioning loud and street noise even from 8th floor. I picked this hotel thinking I could walk to the MacArthur Center mall and some restaurants, maybe in warmer weather, daylight and not alone. May return in the summer but not in off season or alone. Overall a nice hotel just not for me this trip, should have stayed at the Marriott with full amenities.

Room Tip: High floor to avoid street noise
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
Tony_Parrow, General Manager at Courtyard Norfolk Downtown, responded to this review, November 27, 2012
Thank you for the review. I apologize for the confusion with parking. Valet is included with the price of parking and definitely the way to go. The garage is set up for valet parking and not necessarily for guests which is why we include it.

I am really glad that you found the front desk staff to be friendly and the room to be nice.

We appreciate your feedback and business and hope to see you in the summer.
Ridgeway, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2012

The Courtyard Norfolk Downtown is an excellent choice when visiting the Norfolk Va. area. The central location is a plus, close to restaurants,the water , and a mall. The staff was very friendly and made last minute changes of rooms for our large group. There is a large sitting area in the lobby where everyone can watch a football game or just relax with friends. The hotel was very clean and well groomed. I will strongly recommend it to others.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Thank you for reviewing the Courtyard Norfolk! We enjoyed having your group and I’m glad that it went so well. Thank you for choosing the newly renovated Courtyard Norfolk Downtown!

Tony Parrow

Been to Courtyard Norfolk Downtown? Share your experiences!