“Daughter's Birthday Trip” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #33 of 39 Hotels in Norfolk
Blackstone, Virginia
“Daughter's Birthday Trip”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2014

This date of our trip was somewhere around the 28th of August 2013. It was just my 3 year old daughter and myself so I booked a room with a king sized bed for us to share. When we arrived at 2:45 PM I figured that they might let me check in 15 minutes early. However, they did not and we waited in the front office for 15 minutes until exactly 3 PM. When they gave me our room key we went and checked out the room, hoping it would be better than the rude staff member that they had at the desk up front. Wish I could remember her name.. Anyway the room was everything I expected. It was clean and there were nice blankets and sheets. No sign of anything dirty. The floors, walls, and bathroom were spotless. And we even had someone come by the next day and ask us if we needed any extra towels. I plan on coming back to this motel again this August only this time I will be bringing not only my daughter and myself but my mother, my sister and my brother. I have reserved two rooms and I am hoping that they are as clean as they were last year. I will be writing another review with pictures either way.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
wayne
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2014 via mobile

First of all they charged me an extra night because they said i did a no show . We were stuck in traffic for 4 hours . Not my fault . Travelling from Michigan is a far drive . I booked a room with a fridge , but did not get . The bathroom door didn't close . Drug activity going on . Very rude staff . Good location for what we needed . Pet friendly as well.

• Stayed July 2014
Atlanta, Georgia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2014

I was not able to check in due to a power outage. However, I was charged a No Show fee even though I was at the hotel, and was told to find another place,
I had to dispute the charge through my credit card company. Rude, rude staff; I would not recommend this hotel. DO NOT STAY HERE !!!!

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Lusby, Maryland
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2014

I was traveling with two of my children. I picked Motel 6 because it was inexpensive. I picked the room with 2 beds and a kitchen. Our room was located in the back building on the second floor. I had to park near the very back and they either have blown lights in the parking lot or need to install some. After parking as soon as I reached the second floor there are trash cans that need a good cleaning. The smell was horrible. The concrete could use a good deck mopping as it was filthy from the trash cans. In the room the floors are the wood effects which I like but the floor was not clean. When my son got in to bed there was dirt on the sheets from the dirt that stuck to his feet. The fridge was tiny and not the normal dorm size and the seal was dirty. The microwave was dirty and had a smell. The kitchen area has a stovetop and kitchen sink. There are dishes in the cabinet you can use, but again it was dirty. No kitchen soap or paper towels to clean with. The counters and cabinets could use a good detail cleaning. The towels were dingy and hard and you are only given enough for two people. The shower was dirty but the water pressure was okay except for the sink which had very little water pressure. We stayed for three nights. Wednesday and Thursday was not too bad, had some people hanging out but Friday night had questionable activity going on. This hotel should really consider hiring a security guard. I went to go to my room Friday night and two males were on the steps and would not move, my daughter squeezed by but I had to ask them to move. I did not like that people were hanging outside all hours of the night. Not a good place to take your family and I would not stay again.

Room Tip: I would ask NOT to be in the back building.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Rockledge, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2014

First off being newly renovated means nothing if you don't clean your rooms properly. I was visiting with my children and fiancee for my baby shower and when we arrived the first thing I asked for was clean sheets and blankets. There were simple things in our room that weren't clean for example the counter around the sink looked like it had not been wiped down from previous guests, the phone there was this black residue on the receiver of the phone. When I lifted the seat of the toilet, you could clearly see the rim of toilet wasn't clean. I didn't even want my kids sitting on the toilet. You could see where the side of the tub was flithy. Yeah they have flat screen TV's but they are covered in dust as well as the top of the headboards. No one never came by to see if we needed more towels and washcloths. Overall when I stay at a motel/hotel I need my family and I to feel just as comfortable as we do at home and I did not get that feeling at this Motel 6. And to top it off I did not like the activities going on around the motel (women in extra skimpy clothes, groups of guys hanging out around the motel etc etc).

Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Petersburg, Virginia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2014

My bestfriend and I stayed there for night because we were going to Trey Songz album release party. When I arrived, I was made aware that they were overbooked. Tiara kindly put us in a kitchenette room (non-smoking). The room was in the very back of the motel. We to get ready for the party in walked into a room that a very foul odor. There was no iron or hair dryer in there. The phone didn't even work. The cabinet under the sink had crayons. When we left for the party, it was pitch black dark. You couldn't even see your hand in front of your face. After the part , the light was still not on. Then the key wouldn't work. I called downstairs the man is going to tell me to come down. I come down he reactivated my card. I made him aware that there was no lights on back there and it was a safety concern for us. He did not care. So we go and try the key again and it still didn't work. I called back downstairs and the he told me he was on his way. He was too scared to walk so he drove to the back of the building. He told me that is going to see whats going on with my card and I can come down and get it. I told him No I am not leaving back out the room until the lights are turned on. He said he was going to bring it back and which he never did! NEVER WILL I STAY THERE AGAIN!!!

Room Tip: bring some Lysol wipes, shower shoes, personal towels
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2014 via mobile

All these people giving bad reviews are trying to get stuff for free thats all the hotel is a great place for a great price all this "its dirty , its musty" is all lies it has been RENOVATED!!!! SO ITS CLEAN !!!!

• Stayed May 2014

Been to Motel 6 Norfolk? Share your experiences!