“Awesome Ribs and Cornbread” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #361 of 613 Restaurants in Norfolk
Cuisines: Barbecue
Norfolk, Virginia
“Awesome Ribs and Cornbread”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2012 via mobile

Being from the south, I'm always a little skeptical of ribs not from Memphis, but I have to say, I was really impressed with Mojo Bones! The ribs, fries and even the cornbread was GREAT. I'll definitely be visiting again soon...

Norfolk
“Place has gone downhill.... Oceanview location”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2012

First time my co-workers and I tried this place it was great. Ribs were delicious, large portion and the service from our waitress Jenny was great. Fast forward to the second time we visited, we waited a hour and a half to get our meals. The brisket sandwiches were large and delicious, other than wait time food was delicious. We had lunch there today and we all decided this would be our final visit. We received our meals in a timely manner. The brisket sandwiches were noticeably smaller and contained a lot of fat . The smoke flavor was absent in the ribs and brisket. The tea was very watery, the catfish filets were horrible and pre-frozen crap. The bar-b-que sauce variety bottles are absent from the tables now, you get a plastic cup containig a similar to store bought sauce. I must admit the collard greens and cornbread were great. We spent an average of $15 per meal and we felt we did not get our monies worth. We were all in agreement that our meals were "incredibly subpar!"

• Visited April 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Norfolk, Virginia
“Nice Location, No Frills Interior, Nice Southern Specialities”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2012

Don't bring clients here. BarBQ get's good reviews, but I found the chicken wanting. Collard greens were tasty but the portion they served was way too small. Didn't get to try the deviled eggs but I plan to on the next visit. Had a salad that was okay. Other sides were good. Atmosphere is funky and sometimes loud but agreeable when you're in that kind of mood. There was a big crowd by dark but sparse approaching the twilight. Floors magnify the noise. Plenty of parking at the strip mall across the street. They have another branch in University Village some 3 or 4 miles away catering to students. I felt I paid a little more than the value I received. The wait staff was friendly enough but things were forgotten. It was just okay overall.

• Visited April 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Orlando, Florida
“Great Stop!!!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2012

I recently took a road trip with some friends to Florida and we made a point to try out some different restaurants on the way! I am pleased to tell you that Mojo Bones was one of our stops and was well worth it. The place had a great Louisiana feel and excellent BBQ. If you are in the Norfolk area you have to stop by Mojo and check it out!

• Visited February 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Norfolk, Virginia
“This place is the genuine article!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2012

Stopped by MOJO BONESin Ocean View after hearing alot of good things and I was very pleased. Great BBQ. Smoky and Sweet. Collards were homemae with a bit of kick and delicious. Cool atmosphere with blues murals all over the walls and exposed cielings and brick. MOJO BONES reminded me of juke joints in the deep south. I saw that they have live blues on the weekends. Cant wait to go back.......

• Visited January 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Been to Mojo Bones? Share your experiences!

If you own or manage Mojo Bones, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.