“WHAT A DUMP!!!” 1 of 5 stars

Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #20 of 39 Hotels in Norfolk
“WHAT A DUMP!!!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2013 via mobile

The pictures gives this place justice! The flower beds have weeds everywhere, the lobby has over half of the lights out. The front desk staff were friendly. Both of the elevators had tiles missing on the floors and one of them had no lights!!!! Our room had tooth paste up the side of the wall, the bed was leaning, there was a hole in the couch. Plastic and pieces of paper all over the floor. The bathroom lighting was very dim! We went to the front desk and asked for another room. After we saw it we decided to leave it was in no better condition. You can tell this hotel used to be very nice but it isn't anymore!! We found a room at a Holiday Inn, it was perfect!!!

• Stayed August 2013
Randy C, General Manager at Quality Suites at Lake Wright, responded to this review, August 30, 2013
You caught us at our worst. We are so sorry we could not meet your expectations. No excuses, we failed to do our job here. As you may notice the vast majority of our guests are quite happy with their stay. that is what our guests expect and what we try to deliver. Sorry we failed this time and you had to visit the HI, which is a great place but we should not have chased you away.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Frederick, Maryland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2013

We chose this hotel because it was a very reasonable price, and it's only 20 minutes to Virginia Beach. It's right off the highway so it wasn't complicated to go back and forth. The room was nice, with a separate sitting room/TV as the bedroom. It is right next to a golf course. It is actually part of another hotel on the same premises (Sleep Inn maybe?). It was at full capacity, as we brought along friends and they were unable to get a room for that night. There was a lot of parking available but where I had to park while making a late evening stop was not well-lit and was a little scary since I had my infant daughter with me but other than that we really liked this place. It's perfect if you just want to visit VA Beach without paying VA Beach prices. The pool was nice and big enough and the free breakfast was a plus, although there was a long line to get through to the buffet. We waited about 15 minutes in line to get breakfast. All in all, this place was clean, comfortable and easily accessible. We would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Randy C, General Manager at Quality Suites at Lake Wright, responded to this review, August 19, 2013
Thank you for comments we are glad you enjoyed your stay. Sorry for the wait on breakfast, it is very popular and we can always accommodate everyone at once. Thanks for stay with us we do hope to see you again.
Dahlgren, Virginia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2013

BEDBUGS! Even if I could stay at this hotel for free I wouldn't stay here ever again! I heard of bedbugs on TV but I never imagined it would happen to my family! Buyer beware.We only stayed for one night, thank heavens. From our house, to the car, to the hotel room (no airplanes or any other place we could have encountered these bloodsuckers). The WORST

Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Randy C, General Manager at Quality Suites at Lake Wright, responded to this review, July 24, 2013
Every time someone gets a bite on a trip it is blamed on bed bugs at a hotel. 99% of the time it is from something else. If you were bit at our hotel, why didn't you report it and allow us to do something about it? We have a trained staff and a professional pest control company that knows how to inspect and treat these issues. Our hotel does not and has not had a bed bug problem. To say so is slanderous and just plain wrong.
Bay Area, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

We went to visit my family in Norfolk, but didn't want to impose on them for lodging. So, we stayed at the Quality Suites. We planned on staying 2 nights, but liked it so much we stayed for 5! The suite was clean and spacious (and overlooked the golf course). The breakfast was fantastic, perhaps the best I've had at a hotel. The pool had a glass structure over it, so we didn't feel like leaving even when little summer squalls rolled over. The price (up to 6/15) was fantastic.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Randy C, General Manager at Quality Suites at Lake Wright, responded to this review, July 11, 2013
Thank you for staying with us at Lake Wright. We are glad you enjoyed your stay and thanks for the kind words. We hope you get back to the area, we would love to see you again.
washington, dc
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2013

I stayed at the Quality Suites Lake Wright this past weekend and I must say my experience turned out to be a very pleasant one. The front desk check-in went smoothly and the staff was very pleasant and helpful. The room was really nice. It was huge and very clean. The Housekeeping staff was helpful and pleasant. My hat especially goes off to the ladies who prepare the free breakfast buffet. That is not an easy job and is very hectic. In spite of that they were always nice and helpful plus the food was delicious. Not everyone can do that. Lastly, the manager needs to be commended as well because he/she really know how to run a hotel successfully. I look forward to my trip back to the Quality Suites Lake Wright.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Randy C, General Manager at Quality Suites at Lake Wright, responded to this review, June 25, 2013
Thank you for your staying with us and your comments. Our staff works hard to exceed our guest's expectations and it is great to hear we succeeded. We are glad you enjoyed your visit and we hope you will join us again in the future.
Monterey, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2013

We arrived at 2 AM to a confusing entry with locked doors and rerouting. The check in was accomplished quickly but it was clear that the motivation was not efficiency - she just wanted to be left alone. The non-smoking room was on a floor with smoking rooms and the hallway had very strong smoke odors. Had it not been recommended and it not been 2 AM we would have searched for another reservation - we made a mistake by not going through all of that. We were nervous about sleeping in this terribly dirty room but we didn't know half of it till we woke up next morning - first to greet us was the sun shining through the drapes that had huge moth holes in them (I hope it was moths). The floor had not been cleaned for days or weeks - stains were obvious on most of the furnishings (don't even want to know what they were!). We wasted no time sitting and planning or even eating their food - we just wanted out. The checkout clerk asked if we enjoyed our stay but didn't wait for an answer before turning her attention to someone else. I filled out an evaluation form and asked for management to call - nothing happened. After a week I called them and asked for true leadership to identify themselves - got a call from front desk manager - DO NOT STAY HERE!

Room Tip: Don't even consider a room in this place!
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
We apologize that your stay was so disappointing and I certainly understand how that feels. It is also how our staff feels, which is why our Front Office Manager removed the charges for your stay after speaking with you last week. There had been work going on in that room and it was not properly cleaned afterwards. Not your problem, but it became your problem when we failed to meet your expectations. Again, our apologies.
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 18, 2013

booked a room here.for my kids had.guest.tht came.to visit...was told couldnt have visitors front desk manager was really rude an nasty.to us so i told my visitors to leave when my visitors left an i tried to go to the.room with me an my kids was told i couldnt stay because my visitor got rude back with her which in my opinion served her right because she.had no right.to think she can talk to us any kind of way....an further more i dont believe.i should of had.to leave.because i paid for the room an me any kids should have been allowed.to stay.i didnt have anythi ng to do with confrontation .i made them leave .that manager christy or whatever her name was had no customer.service skills wht.so ever.u do not think u can talk to people any kind of way an expect them not to say any thing back u treat people with respect.u get respect in return....i will most definitlly tell any body tht i no never ever to stay at this hotel...went to the hampton inn on hampton blvd an they.were.very nice an accomidating to me my kids an my guest....all my kids wanted.to do was get in the pool an have fun...an thanks to the hampton inn they were able to enjoy their weekend getaway....this hotel sucks....never stay here these people are rude an nasty an dont deserve.to be in customer service....

• Stayed May 2013
Randy C, General Manager at Quality Suites at Lake Wright, responded to this review, May 20, 2013
We regret that you had a bad experience in our hotel. We believe it was explained very clearly that we do not allow parties in our guest rooms and that fire code prevents 15 persons in a guest room. It is unfortunate that that could not be handled without conflict. Thank you for your comments, we appreciate the feedback we get from all of our guests.

Been to Quality Suites at Lake Wright? Share your experiences!