“How Could You Not Stay Here?” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #19 of 39 Hotels in Norfolk
Shenandoah, Virginia
“How Could You Not Stay Here?”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2012

I truly love this hotel. That staff is amazing. Last time I had I was there I was checked in by the Manager on Duty Nathan...this guy describes what a customer service should be. He is so helpful! The jacuzzi rooms are great!!! I look forward to returning.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
Tracy U, TripAdvisor Champion at Quality Suites at Lake Wright, responded to this review, May 29, 2012
Thanks so much for your kind words. Thands so much for mentioning Nathan by name. We will be sure to pass along the compliments to him. We too, look forward to your next trip to the area.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2012

Our family of 4 stayed here for one night prior to a field hockey tournament at Virginia Wesleyan College. This hotel is literally a two minute drive to the college and just off I-64. It also has restaurants, gas stations and even drug stores less than five minutes away so the location was perfect.

The hallways and entrance foyer smelled like feet so I was a little worried at check-in. However, the room, although kind of dark with dated decor, was comfortable, large and clean. It had two queen beds in one room and a couch with another TV in the front room with an actual, closeable door! The TV's were old but worked fine. The couch was not real comfortable nor was the fold-out bed, but it wasn't bad for a fold out bed.

The room had a microwave, coffee maker and a refrigerator. It had easily accessible outlets to charge phones, DVD players and Ipods.

The breakfast did not have a lot of choices but the eggs and bacon were very good. The staff at breakfast were also very friendly.

This place worked out great for us and I will recommend it to others needing a place to stay in that area off the oceanfront.

Room Tip: Definitely ask for a no smoking room b/c their were lots and lots of folks smoking at the property.
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled with family
Charlotte, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 7, 2011

This was my stay at this property and it was awesome! Very quiet, the guest staff were friendly and nice. The rooms were clean and pretty spacious for just me. The buffet breakfast was also great!! I will definitely stay here again!!!

• Stayed December 2011, traveled solo
Buckingham, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2011

At CIV for a conference and we were booked at the Lake Wright Quality Suites. Very nice rooms, ample parking, near the interstate, and a hot breakfast! A nice place for business travelers and families!

• Stayed November 2011, traveled on business
Thanks for your comments. We are delighted that our hotel worked out well for you on your trip to Virginia's Wesleyan College and would appreciate your recommendation. We will share your comments with our team as we use them to find ways to better serve our guests. We will look into the hallway odor and the breakfast selection issues you mentioned and address them.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2011

I first stayed at this property because of a full house at the Hampton Inn and Hilton up the street and since then I have been back twice. The value is exceptional especially since the rooms at the Hilton seem to be on the decline each time I go. I have had every associate at the Quality Suites smile and welcome me or thank me for staying with them. Even the breakfast hostess who was busy helping others come by to my table and seen how I was doing and to let her know if she can help with anything. This property has a shared registration area with a Sleep Inn but the breakfast areas are separated by distance so that you are not confused as to where to go. The rooms I had each time were very clean and everything was in great working order. I had a extremely comfortable sofa seating area completely away from the bed area like a two room suite. The Hi-Speed worked like a champ and I was able to watch TV, be productive, and enjoy an evening snack before going into the bedroom and getting a great night's sleep. You can tell when associates feel empowered and actually have the support of management in their customer service efforts and during my visits this was the case. They have a sweet shop like the most of the higher priced properties that really helps out with not having to leave the hotel for a quick snack, ice cream, or drinks! Keep up the good work!!

• Stayed July 2011, traveled on business
Henrico, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2011

Great place to have a reunion. Close to air port with shuttle to and from. The meetings room we had was big and clean and had everything we needed plus more. The staff was very nice to work with and gave us eveything we needed.
I would highly recommend this hotel

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with friends
WISCONSIN
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2011

After a 6 hour.... no plane layover in Norfolk Virginia, a place we never expected to vacation in, hotel accommodation arranged by airline ...fell through....they never showed and then when hotel was called refused to pick us up! (really , no kidding)

Two sad stranded honeymooners who never got that connecting flight were missing the start of there dream honeymoon vacation!!!!!!

A nice driver in a new shuttle van for "Quality Suites Lake Wright" took us out of the rain and to there nice hotel late one night.

Really helpful front desk
They have a a free shuttle to and from the airport. :)

The room was standard and nice with 2 beds and lots of pillows .
Free Wi Fi and breakfast. It was good and lots of variety!

Thanks you so much for helping us on our unexpected and nice stay!!

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Norfolk
Sleep Inn  Lake Wright
Comfort Inn & Suites
Comfort Inn & Suites
#18 of 114 in Virginia Beach
4.5 of 5 stars 87 reviews

Been to Quality Suites at Lake Wright? Share your experiences!