Needed a hotel in the Virginia Beach area for Labor Day. Most of the decent hotels in Virginia Beach are quite expensive this time of year so I decided to get an inexpensive room near the airport.
The Pros. Inexpensive compared to hotels in Virginia Beach. Close to the airport. Very convenient to the freeway. Safe location. Clean room with microwave, refrigerator, and coffee maker. Staff was exceedingly friendly; gave directions, recommendations for eating out, and provided extra coffee and sugar upon request. Hotel has indoor pool and hot tub, as well as a decent exercise room. Near IHOP, Target and Wal Mart, so if you need to grab something that you left at home it is right down the street.
The Cons. Norfolk, with the exception of downtown, is a working class town that does not really cater to tourists. I am from a poor town and found myself thinking of just how much Norfolk reminded me of a bigger version of my hometown. I didn't see any nice restaurants near the hotel. Housekeeping did not clean my room either of the three days I was there. I did not ask for housekeeping to do so but found it peculiar that it did not. No hair dryer in room.
All in all I found this hotel very good, especially for the price and recommend it to people on a budget.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Norfolk Airport Hotel Norfolk
- Holiday Inn Norfolk Airport Hotel
- Holiday Inn Norfolk
- Norfolk Holiday Inn
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Take a video tour. The Holiday Inn Select Norfolk Airport, Virginia is easily located only two miles from Norfolk International Airport and central to every city in Hampton Roads including Norfolk, Virginia Beach, Suffolk, Hampton, Norfolk Downtown. The prime location is near several office and industrial parks, including Lake Wright Executive Park, Norfolk Commerce Park and Norfolk Industrial Park. Local companies include: Boeing Norfolk, Northrup Grumman, Booz Allen Hamilton, CMA CGM, HDR Engineering, USAA, Zim Shipping and Nextel. Nearby government facilities comprise of Little Creek Amphibious Base, NAS Oceana, Fort Story Naval Station and the Norfolk Naval Station and Shipyard. Other local attractions within close proximity of the hotel are Nauticus, Norfolk Cruise Port, MacArthur Center, Norfolk Botanical Gardens and Virginia Wesleyan College. The hotel feature s 5,000 square feet of flexible meeting space and banquet accommodations for up to 400 people. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Orbitz, Expedia, Booking.com, Priceline, Travelocity, Agoda, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com and Venere so you can book your Holiday Inn Norfolk Airport reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.