“Great place 2 stay” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Holiday Inn Norfolk Airport

You added Holiday Inn Norfolk Airport to your Saves list
Holiday Inn Norfolk Airport
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1570 North Military Highway, Norfolk, VA 23502 (Formerly Holiday Inn Select)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save 10-30%
Ranked #11 of 39 Hotels in Norfolk
Suffolk, Virginia
“Great place 2 stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 16, 2011

Stayed only one night, beautiful place. Great room and beautiful decoration.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple
SHSCSGM, General Manager at Holiday Inn Norfolk Airport, responded to this review, January 6, 2012
Dear Traveler,

Thank you for your kind words. We take great pride in making sure each guest enjoys thier experience with us here at Holiday Inn Norfolk Airport. We hope to see you again in future travels and look forward to having you hopefully join us in 2012!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
La Jolla, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 15, 2011

I am so pleased with this hotel. Super modern, great room size, really warm pleasant energy, great convenient location, great staff. As a flight attendant that stays in hotels all the time this was the best of 2011. I can't recommend highly enough. Thank you Holiday Inn!

Room Tip: Ask. The front desk people are really interested in helping you get the best!
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled on business
Dear Traveler,

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay on Trip Advisor. We really are excited that you enjoyed your stay with us. We hope to see you again in the future and please keep us in mind in your travels. We have some very exciting things going on in 2012!
Milwaukee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2011

We just had our ship's reunion here and everything was just great. The hotel and staff knocked themselves out, to make us happy and supply anything we needed. I had read the reviews prior to going there and was quite concerned and found NOTHING that others had complained about.. Some airport noise , but it is Holiday Inn "Airport"...Donna Faison Sr. SAles Manager was there for anything we needed. The front desk was always willing to help with any little need. I thank them all.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with friends
SHSCSGM, General Manager at Holiday Inn Norfolk Airport, responded to this review, November 15, 2011
Randy P,

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review on here. It really makes our day to look at our listing and see a guest truly enjoying thier stay with us. I am glad the staff took care of you as well as Donna. We pride ourselves in taking care of our guests here at Holiday Inn Norfolk. I will definately be sharing this review with them all! We hope to see you again in the near future. Thank you again and safe travels!
Toledo
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2011

I honestly can't say enough about how great our stay was here. This was stop #3 on our family road trip. We thought we would save money and not stay on the beach. It is near the airport, but the noise was sporadic and really doesn't bother you. The service was EXCELLENT. Great lemonade and iced tea in the lobby during the day. Smiles every time we walked in (even though my family is loud and crazy... lol)

The rooms have a kitchenette in them - fridge with an actual separate freezer ( a BIG BIG plus), a microwave and even a small cabinet and countertop. With you are a family - this is a BIG $$ saver. Bring an electric skillet and you can make tacos in your room! lol Hey, we are poor, this is the only way we could swing a vacation.

Walmart is just down the street to get anything you need. Hotel is by the expressway to get to the beach easily. Zoo wasn't that far away.... and WHAT A ZOO! Best zoo I have ever been too! I live in Toledo, Oh - and we have a killer zoo - but I think this one tops it.

Beds were comfortable (I love Holiday Inn linens). Pillows awesome. The showers... wow. Great pressure. I had to yell at the kids to get the heck outta of them and quit hogging... lol Lots of bathroom counter space.

The pool is GREAT. It made the stay from good to great. An elevator right by it so you don't need to go through the lobby in your bathing suit. It has these wide steps going into the shallow end with a railing. My 4yr old loves this since he can't really swim. Get this - they have a freaken jacuzzi. Granted I could not get in it after I let myself get burnt on the beach, but it was so nice the first night. A little exercise room with water was available too.

The restaurant has a decent breakfast bar. We went there the last morning we were checked in. Love the waffle maker. Wish they had 'shrooms or cheese for the scrambled eggs.

OK - I can always find something that could be better, but it wasn't much: I had to call to get caffine coffee - room only had 3 decaffinated. The husband whined because it had a tube TV and not a flat screen. The pool area should have "rough" tiles - not smooth. My 4yr old slipped twice (no, he was not running) and fell. Eating at the restaurant can get expensive for a family with teens (which are always considered adults when you have to pay for them). Maybe offer a "breakfast family pack"? Really - these are little things. It was a GREAT stay. Stop #4 was Washington DC at the Regency Hyatt - and this hotel blew that one outta the water.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
Hemerka, General Manager at Holiday Inn Norfolk Airport, responded to this review, July 22, 2011
I am very happy with the fact you thought the hotel felt like home and as a side note we are installing flat screen 32 inch TV's in every room by 11/1/11.
USA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2011

This hotel was not in the best location - the roads around here are crazy - but the rooms were clean, comfortable and quiet. The lobby downstairs was very pleasant. I didn't use the pool, but it looked very nice. My only complaint is that the pillows seemed a bit soft and cheap.

Overall, I would say that this is above average, and it offers a convenient place to stay. We also had a bargain rate for it online, which helps.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple
Thank you for the gret comments about the hotel and your stay here. We are adding new selections of pillows in every guest room by 8/11/11. Every room will have hard and soft pillows with tags on each informing guests of the differences.
Dayton Ohio
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2011

This is as always a great location close to the airport and a short drive to restaurants. However since my last stay here it appears maintenance is not being kept up in the rooms. I had a two room suit as I had a meeting planned in the room. Check in is not until 4 so be aware. This seems a bit odd. I tried to get my room at 3, the manager called house keeping on a radio walked away from the counter and did not come back and give me an answer. I went over and sat in the lobby and waited. At 4 went back up and another clerk said no it was not ready when I looked at my watch as it was now 4:10 he said oh yes it is ready. Apparently they were just making me wait? The walls in the suite were very scuffed, they should try some painting. The fabric on the small chairs at the table in the room were just absolutely nasty, doors are getting banged up, need painted, finish wearing off door knobs etc. Overall they should try doing some maintenance inside the rooms, maybe reinvesting some profit and get some flat screens and get rid of the big box TV's. They did have some contractors power washing the outside of the hotel so maybe that is a start. Speaking of that parking is a bit tight in the evening as a lot of construction workers/contractors seem to stay here and they take up a lot of parking with their large trucks.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled on business
Thank you for the great feed back and I would like to let you know we are purchasing new flat screen 32 inch TV's which will be in every guest room by 11/1/11. Also, the entire hotel is going to be remodeled by December of this year.
north carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2011

We hotwired this hotel for $45 a night plus tax. Good location. PLenty of parking. The lobby was warm and clean. They had 2 computers that you could use and a printer. They give you a code for the wi-fi. The rooms were clean. The bathroom was small. Staff was friendly. The pool was nice. Very comfortable stay.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
Thank you for the kind comments about the hotel and your last stay here. It is our goal always to seek ways in order to improve service and quality. The PC's we have added to the lobby have been a great hit and we are thinking of adding two more by the end of the year.

Been to Holiday Inn Norfolk Airport? Share your experiences!