“Surprisingly good” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #78 of 613 Restaurants in Norfolk
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Description: The Vinyards Trattoria and pizzeria is an affordable Italian Restaurant with high end quality and ambiance located in the heart of downtown Norfolk, Virginia. We serve only the finest and freshest foods, and bring you a Wine List that is designed to impress!Come down today for a dinner that will leave you satisfied, yet wanting more. Try our Catering Department for your next big event and we will show your guests to delicious refreshments. Restaurant can be reserved for large parties upon request.
Norfolk, Virginia
“Surprisingly good”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2014

The Vineyards has a rich menu and respectable wine list. Always a good meal in a relaxing atmosphere. Affordable, it's a suitable setting for a business meal.

“Our waitress was awesome!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2014 via mobile

This is my third time back to Norfolk but first time to The Vinyard. I had a garden salad- hold the onions & olives but add in crumbled Gorgonzola that was quite tasty. For my main course the Bistecca Gorgonzola- a steak in a creamy Gorgonzola Sauce over garlic mashed potatoes served with Asparagus tips. The Tiramisu was fabulous and our waitress the best! Thanks, My co-workers and I had a great time at your restaurant!

Visited January 2014
Burke, Virginia
“Really Good Italian Food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2013

I researched on Trip Advisor where to go for dinner in Norfolk and TA did not let me down. The Vineyards had really good food that was individually cooked just for us so we could tweak the menu any way we wanted, changing sauces, etc. The calamari was light and done perfectly, as was the mains all three of us ordered. Dessert was amazing! Our waitress was attentive and very accommodating. This meal was surprisingly reasonable and we left very happy, well fed people.

• Visited November 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“A cozy little place with a very friendly, helpful staff, great garlic knots, salad, and delicious,well presented entrees!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2013 via mobile

I loved this place. It was small, locally owned, and had a really nice atmosphere. The salad and garlic knots were worth it on their own! The server spent a significant amount of time helping me pick out a wine and didn't make me feel like an idiot. The entree (Pollo Rustico) was delicious and beautifully present. A great experience!

• Visited July 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Norfolk, Virginia
“Go To for Italian”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2013

I went with my wife for dinner during restaurant week before a movie in downtown Norfolk. Overall it was a very good meal. I had heard from friends that went during restaurant week last year that the service was slow, but our waitress (Brittany) was fantastic. She went above and beyond throughout the night to make sure we had a good time.

I had been craving italian food lately, and the Vineyards really did cure that craving. The lobster bisque that my wife had was nice, but I really enjoyed the ciabatta appetizer. Both of our main courses were delicious - she had the "Pollo Rustico" which was surprisingly sweet (although with dried cherries as an ingredient it shouldn't have been surprising) and very good, and I had the "Trietto a la Vodka", which was very rich and full of flavor. I'm a big gnocchi fan (who isn't?) and theirs was great.

It's quite a small place, so I imagine it can get busy, but its location is perfect for stopping in before a movie at MacArthur or a show at the Wells Theatre. We'll definitely be going back the next time we're in the mood for Italian food.

• Visited July 2013