“The worst experience I have ever had!” 1 of 5 stars

Travelers Inn
800 E. Ocean View Avenue, Norfolk, VA 23503   |
Ranked #24 of 39 hotels in Norfolk
Raleigh, North Carolina
“The worst experience I have ever had!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2011

I looked at the reviews of this motel before I booked, yet there were not many so I weighed the good and bad and decided it leaned more to the good....or so I thought.
The Good:
We arrived at 12:30 PM and the lady who checked us in was very friendly and informed us that our room would be ready by 2pm, and it was. The view was nice of the bay and so was the beach access. Fresh flowers in the room.

The Bad:
When I walked into the room, it smelled horrible. The microwave was dirty and rusted out. There was a plastic bowl of cereal / spoon, half eaten left in the fridge. There was pubic hair in the shower and on the curtain. There was hair behind the cups and ice buckets. Cobwebs along the base of the bed frames and in the corners of the room. The table top was broken, making it unusable. There were burned out bulbs in the fixtures. One of the fixtures was broken. The lighting at the vanity was very dim. Mold around the vanity sink and around the baseboard of the tub. Supposedly, the motel had been remodeled in 2010 however, the matress sets had to be the original ones. They looked old and sagged in the middle. We thought one of the beds was broken because when you sat down on it, the other side flipped up. However, it was only off the frame. I'm not sure how the maid service would miss that though, when they changed the sheets. There were dead bugs on the top of the air unit. Bathroom door was dirty as well as the walls. (Drip marks) We had three people reserved to stay in our room yet we were only supplied with 2 towels, 1 hand towel, 2 washclothes and a floor towel. I requested more towels and the maintenance guy came to give them to me. He had an attitude and told me that it was his day off. I went to the office to voice my concerns. I did get a new microwave along with an apology for that. However, I had to go to the office 3 times to get the bed fixed/back on the frame. The owner asked me why did I not call the maintenance guy instead of coming to the office. I told him that was his job and when the maintenance guy did come to our room, he was rude and let us know it was his day off again. He had the nerve to ask me "what do you want me to do about it?" Really???? I wanted a fixed bed and a clean room! Was that too much to ask? I honestly can't believe that the motel is even up and running. I will be finding the appropriate office to report this establishment to.

So if you are reading this, and are contemplating on staying here, spend the extra money and stay somewhere else, not that this place was cheap! It was terrible. I can't even imagine what the place was like before if indeed it was remodeled only a year ago. I would never let my family stay here again.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
Anish P, Front Office Manager at Travelers Inn, responded to this review, November 10, 2011
Thank you for your feedback. we are sorry for all the inconvenience caused during your trip. We will continue to improve our service over the season.

5 people have reviewed this hotel

Solo
Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
Norfolk, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2011

the most reasonably priced motel on the street offering the best view of the chesapeake bay and bridge tunnel both. it is very close from the Ocean View fishing pier, Norfolk downtown granby street festivities and they also have a public park right next to the motel where we enjoyed having our BBQ.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
Chicago, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2011

Me and my children absolutely loved our stay at this hotel.. Great Location, they have clean rooms with nice views. Would definitely recommend to anybody traveling to norfolk.

Room Tip: Rooms on the 2nd floor have excellent views.