“Overnight Nicely” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Navy Lodge Norfolk

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Norfolk
Navy Lodge Norfolk
You added Navy Lodge Norfolk to your Saves list
7811 Hampton Boulevard, Naval Station Norfolk, Norfolk, VA 23511-5000   |
Fayetteville, North Carolina
“Overnight Nicely”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2013

We stayed at this gem overnight while in town for a wedding. The hotel is nicely done, especially for military billeting. The check in was easy and the price was Exceptional. Only major issue for me was that they allow pets. Normally i avoid pet friendly cuz of my allergies but room had no evidence of any allergens and was spotless. The breakfast was very simple fare but around the corner from front desk was a tiny exchange store. We bought a few items to add to the simple fare and made breakfast in my aunt's room since she had a kitchen. The 12pm check out allowed us to linger over breakfast. Overall we enjoyed this spot for short time we were there. Would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: kitchenettes available
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Jacksonville, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2013

Our family had to relocate to Norfolk while my husband went to school at the base for 3 months. So with 2 adults, a five year old, a cat and a dog a hotel room gets cramped. These rooms were spacious, clean and a lot of things to do in the area. The housekeepers were great! Especially Marika who always made sure we had what we needed and was always sweet to my family! There is a small playground in the back and is minutes away from the navy base. The hotel is not located on the base but we always felt safe. There is a mini mart located on the main floor and have everything you might need!

• Stayed March 2013
Washington DC, District of Columbia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2013

I'm very impressed with this Navy Lodge. One of the better ones I have been, and honestly, much better than the Navy Lodge in Bethesda considering that there are updated furnishings. My family is only staying over for one night but I definitely like the fact that it has a kitchenette so we are able to put some food necessities in the fridge -- and this cool pull out portable table under the desk that you can move it to wherever you want -- in our case, in between the two double beds. Considering that our room didn't necessarily have a small breakfast table like other hotels may (and many other hotels don't), this is a nice feature. Having a continental breakfast isn't too shabby, either!

The location a far as accessibility to tourist areas is left to be desired, but as far as proximity to the bases, and an amazingly HUGE exchange, it can't be beat. And we would still stay at the Navy Lodge even if it was out of range to tourist areas. I'm just glad there was availability, because Navy Lodge Dam Neck did not have availability at the time. Yes, you really would need a car to travel around if you stay here, but I wouldn't rely on the bus transportation system, either -- I'd be calling a cab first.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Washington, DC
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2013

The Navy Lodge is restricted to certain types of guests, like military service members and their families, among others. If you're eligible to stay at the Navy Lodge then you'll definitely want to. You can't beat the price for what you get. The rooms are clean and spacious. The best amenities are the full size microwave ovens and refrigerators in your room. Free Wi-Fi, dish cleaning supplies, and on-premises laundry facilities are also nice.

The biggest negative aspect of the hotel is its location. While it is very convenient to the Navy base, tourists will find getting to downtown Norfolk or any decent restaurants requires driving and finding parking. Nothing is in walking distance.

The service at the front desk was unremarkable. The service in the gift shop / NEX was great. The selection was far better than any hotel gift shop I've ever seen, which is wonderful for long term guests. Overall, the Navy Lodge is an excellent value for the money. I would absolutely stay there again.

• Stayed March 2013
Phoenix, Arizona
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2013

We stayed here for about 2 weeks in January 2013. We would have preferred to stay at the naval base, but unfortunately the hotels there don't allow pets, so we had to go to this hotel since we were traveling with our cat. So I really appreciate the navy lodge does allow furry friends!

The rooms were very nice and spacious, with a little well equipped kitchenette.

There were some issues why I can't go further than three stars though. I'm not someone that want her towels refreshed every day. But it's not good when I had to ask in the 8th day if they could refresh our bed linen. The cleaning lady came in and wanted to just make the bed, and I was like, uhm, this is the 8th day now without anyone changing the sheets. I thought that was kind of odd they don't keep track of that.

The most annoying thing however was how noisy it was. The neighbor was listening to his tv and when it was after midnight, we called the front desk. Around 3, the noise was back again. We called the front desk again, they asked us "do you want us to send security?". They should have just sent it! Don't ask me what to do! I think it wouldn't be a bad idea for them anyway to have some security do rounds, because when I asked people if they could be quiet when they were shouting in the hall way, they started shouting even louder. The neighbor on the other side, was on the phone with his wife, and I could almost overhear their entire conversations. And they were not in a fight, but the walls are just paper thin. Kind of dissapointing for such a new building. In another review I read somebody say it was so quiet and not noisy, so I wonder if the two different buildings have different construction/insulation.

We didn't know upfront how long we were gonna stay, so after a few days, we had to pay the first part of our stay. So my husband went to the front desk with his credit card to take care of this. The next day, we found a note and there was a message that we had to pay our halfway bill. When my husband said he just did that the day before, they said they didn't have any payments in their systems. He went to the front desk again and it cost him quite some time to set things straight.

Some short comments: the breakfast was nice, there is a little nex which can be very convenient, the hotel is in a somewhat shady area.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2013

We stayed in a single queen room while visiting our son before a deployment. I have stayed in a couple of different military lodges and this one was the most expensive one. Not that it was overly expensive compared to surrounding hotels especially after adding tax. I just thought it was interesting. The young girl at the desk when we checked in was friendly and helpful. Our rooms were nice and clean. It had a small area with a mini fridge, microwave, coffee pot and toaster. There was a very strong smell of air freshner, like the drops you put in an ac/furnace filter when we checked in. The smell faded as the heater ran and it did smell a little musty the second day. We only stayed two days so we skipped the housekeeping and just traded our towels out for fresh ones. Not great water pressure for the shower and as others have said it takes a few mins for the water to heat up, but it did heat up. The bedding was fine, typical hotel style. Never thought I'd say this but the pillows were too fluffy! After trying to sleep with them the first night I was really glad I had my own in the car for the second night. They are pet friendly and I did see some dogs but never heard them during our stay. The breakfast is served early 6-9. It consisted of cold cereals, a few different muffins and danish as well as boiled eggs,instant oatmeals, yogurt,juice, coffee and milk. It was perfectly fine for us. We were on the third floor and didn't have any problems with elevators.The location was very convienient to the base and the NEX which is what we were aiming for.I will say there isn't much to do here recreationally (no pool/ hot tub, game room or lounge area) if that is what you are looking for. All in all we were verry happy with our stay at the Navy Lodge and absolutely would stay again if need be.

Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 16, 2012 via mobile

I stayed with my Son at the Navy Lodge Norfolk. I found it very clean, nicely staffed and roomy. The rooms have a small kitchenette which allows some coffee and snacks to be prepared. The beds were clean and fresh. The breakfast was healthy, tasty and well presented. I was totally impressed with what I saw and used.

Stayed December 2012, traveled with family

Been to Navy Lodge Norfolk? Share your experiences!