“Nice visit” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Navy Lodge Norfolk

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Norfolk
Navy Lodge Norfolk
Save Saved
You added Navy Lodge Norfolk to your Saves list
7811 Hampton Boulevard, Naval Station Norfolk, Norfolk, VA 23511-5000   |
Ohio
“Nice visit”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2013

We stayed in a single queen room while visiting our son before a deployment. I have stayed in a couple of different military lodges and this one was the most expensive one. Not that it was overly expensive compared to surrounding hotels especially after adding tax. I just thought it was interesting. The young girl at the desk when we checked in was friendly and helpful. Our rooms were nice and clean. It had a small area with a mini fridge, microwave, coffee pot and toaster. There was a very strong smell of air freshner, like the drops you put in an ac/furnace filter when we checked in. The smell faded as the heater ran and it did smell a little musty the second day. We only stayed two days so we skipped the housekeeping and just traded our towels out for fresh ones. Not great water pressure for the shower and as others have said it takes a few mins for the water to heat up, but it did heat up. The bedding was fine, typical hotel style. Never thought I'd say this but the pillows were too fluffy! After trying to sleep with them the first night I was really glad I had my own in the car for the second night. They are pet friendly and I did see some dogs but never heard them during our stay. The breakfast is served early 6-9. It consisted of cold cereals, a few different muffins and danish as well as boiled eggs,instant oatmeals, yogurt,juice, coffee and milk. It was perfectly fine for us. We were on the third floor and didn't have any problems with elevators.The location was very convienient to the base and the NEX which is what we were aiming for.I will say there isn't much to do here recreationally (no pool/ hot tub, game room or lounge area) if that is what you are looking for. All in all we were verry happy with our stay at the Navy Lodge and absolutely would stay again if need be.

Stayed February 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 16, 2012 via mobile

I stayed with my Son at the Navy Lodge Norfolk. I found it very clean, nicely staffed and roomy. The rooms have a small kitchenette which allows some coffee and snacks to be prepared. The beds were clean and fresh. The breakfast was healthy, tasty and well presented. I was totally impressed with what I saw and used.

Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Elyria, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2012

We stayed at this lodge for the first time; we were visiting a son in the Navy. The lodge is very clean, front desk friendly and housekeeping very cordial. Our room had two queens with a kitchenette. There is a small exchange store in the lodge which predominately carries food items. The lodge in only about 5 minutes from the base and easy to enter or exit from Hampton Blvd. There are plenty of places to eat in the general area though some prices seemed a little high. Overall we would rate the lodge as excellent and would stay there again.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Norfolk, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2012

I have stayed in many Navy Lodges (CONUS and OCONUS) in my lifetime. This one is by far the largest I've seen and also has the largest rooms we have come across as well. Check in was fast. The staff is friendly. The ladies in housekeeping were super friendly as well. We stayed in a double queen with kitchenette. Very nice. A little bar/island area with two stools, a small dining table with two chairs and a large, comfortable chair in the corner of the room. And a plus is that you don't hear anyone in any of the other rooms!

The breakfast is a step up from the other Lodges we've stayed in. No bagged eggs/muffin here. They also had danishes and cereals and other choices as well and it is kept pretty well stocked for breakfast between 6 and 9 am.

There is free wifi in the lobby and each room has a DSL line to hook up to your computer. While this may be a little inconvenient - I'm super happy that it is FREE! The $8 internet service at other Lodges is a bit much for just one day of service. DSL is also pretty fast as well.

The Lodge is located in the middle of everything. Lots of foods choices right on the same road. It is right down the road from base as well as NFCU, Navy Housing office, CDC and several military housing neighborhoods are right across the road.

There is a nice little mini mart on the first floor. Self service laundry rooms on each floor ($1 for washer and dryer each). Soda machines that take credit/cash cards. We will absolutely be staying here when we PCS out. By far the best Navy Lodge I've been to.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Miami, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2012

We stayed here May 28-June 1st, 2012. I have to say, for the price, our room was well equipped with a good-sized bathroom and a kitchenette, and everything seemed very clean. But the linens! There was no mattress pad, only a loose waterproof cover on top of the mattress, and sheets so thin and cheap you could almost see through them. All night, the waterproof cover kept bunching up underneath the sheet, and we felt damp all the time because of body heat against the rubber in the waterproof cover. Had there been a pad over the waterproof cover, there wouldn't have been a sweating situation. The free breakfast was not a hot breakfast...the usual hard boiled eggs, muffins, danish, cereal, instant oatmeal, juices, etc., but all fresh. The staff were polite enough, but seemed unhappy to be there. This lodge is geared towards the visiting military family and as such, there are many children, but remarkably little noise heard.

We came to see our sailor, and this location was just minutes from the base, the NEX, etc, and was quite safe to walk around in, although we had no need to do so. I would stay here again, but I might be tempted to bring a mattress pad this time...

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
bakersfield
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2012

After checking in late, the lights in my room didn't work - but I was too tired to complain and ask to change rooms. The next day I let the front desk know and maintenance came right away and illuminated things nicely. Throughout my stay, my non-smoking room had that stale old-smoke odor to it. The bed was comfortable, the pillows generous, and I REALLY liked having the small fully equipped kitchen. Every morning continental breakfast was served early enough to enjoy before reporting for work. Overall, my 1 week stay was very comfortable.

Room Tip: Families with Pets up to 50 pounds are welcome, with reservations and shot records.