“wow....wonderful service” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Norfolk International Airport

You added Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Norfolk International Airport to your Saves list
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Norfolk International Airport
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   1157 North Military Highway, Norfolk, VA 23502   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #5 of 39 Hotels in Norfolk
“wow....wonderful service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

stayed 5 nights while in town to see our son return from his overseas naval cruise. The staff was wonderful and the accommodations were great. Monica, our cleaning lady was fantastic and did a wonderful job. Also, Phil and Hazeam were very friendly and made our stay very comfortable. To sum it all up, I will stay here every time I am in Norfolk to see my son. I stay in approx. 200 hotels a year with work and this one is way up on my list.

Room Tip: the queen suites or the king suites are the best with a lot of room.
  • Stayed November 2014, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
Buxton, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2014

The Holiday Inn Express is one of the cleanest hotels I've stayed at. I needed a room before I went to the airport the following morning at 3am! Then on my way back since my flight arrived at 11:30pm. Both rooms were very neat and perfect. But most importantly everyone working there was so helpful and friendly and even though their shuttle for the airport stops running at 11pm the man still came to pick me up and on time! I will be needing a place to stay near the airport soon and I will definitely be staying at Holiday Inn!!

• Stayed November 2014, traveled with family
Poquoson, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2014

Stayed at the hotel on Oct. 5th of this year. We decided to drive over the day prior to our international flight Traffic on a Monday morning can be very unpredictable. We got there before check in time. Did not make any difference, the young lady behind the desk, sorry, I forgot your name but you know who you are.I told her with her attitude, she should have a great career in the hotel business. She was bubbly and helpful. Great personality. The manager was also very accommodating and pleasant. In fact everyone we came in contact with was helpful. Hats off to Phillip Modisett, the manager. Most congenial and helpful too. Shuttle service was outstanding. We stayed there when we came back from overseas. Did not check in till the wee hours of Oct. 15th The desk clerk was pleasant and made us very welcome. We will stay there again when the need arises. Great little hotel.

Room Tip: I cannot answer that, All I know is that our room was very quiet and comfortable.
  • Stayed October 2014, traveled as a couple
HIExpressNorfolk, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Norfolk International Airport, responded to this review, November 6, 2014
Greetings Kushka,

Thank you for your review of our property, I am pleased to know that we were able to assist you with an early check in and that you found everyone to great!

We look forward to you staying with us again soon!

4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2014

Booked hotel through a third party and got a great rate. Hotel staff was accommodating to reassign my one bed room to a two bed room since I was traveling with my minor son. We luckily ended up on the 2nd floor close to the stairs. That came in handy when the elevators broke down. The hotel could use some updating and sometimes the housekeeping seemed to be minimal. The floors were never vacuumed (even before I checked in) and the staff left all the lights on while we were gone. Since we were gone sightseeing all day, we only slept there and ate the complimentary breakfast. The beds and pillows were very comfortable, and the breakfast was very good. Lots of options to choose from, both hot and cold. We didn't get to use the pool at all. It opens late and closes quite early. We were away the entire time the pool was open. I would definitely stay here again for the convenience, especially if I could get the same great price.

Stayed October 2014
Hello Jhjani,

Thank you for your honest review of our property. Feedback is the most valuable gift that guests can give us. I am pleased that we were able to adjust your room situation to meet your needs. It is our hope that you reported your housekeeping issues to the desk when you found them so they could be addressed promptly and to your satisfaction. For reference also, our pool hours are 7am-11pm and would be closed early if there was an issue in the pool area.
Once again, thank you for your review and we look forward to seeing you again soon!

Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2014

Typically, I stay at this hotel once a year during the fall. The rooms are comfortable and well maintained. What I really like about the hotel, however, is its always dependable airport shuttle service since I usually catch the first flight leaving in the morning (about 7:00 a.m.). I usually return my rental car the afternoon before my next morning flight. After turning the rental car in, I call the hotel shuttle service to bring me back to the hotel. Then the next morning, the driver is always prompt in getting me to the airport. Sounds simple, but these days such dependability is not to be assumed.

• Stayed October 2014, traveled as a couple
Hello Oscar W!

Thanks for your review of our hotel and for your continued usage of our property. We hope to see you again soon and to get a 5 star review next time!

See you soon!

Port Orange, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2014

We checked in on a Friday night with ease. We ended up with a handicap accessible room which was fine except for the shower. The removable shower head wouldn't stay up. Your only choice is to hold it while trying to shower. There is also no water pressure. The water was either way too hot or not hot at all. We stayed for five nights so this wasn't fun!
We also used the pool and the hot tub. Both appeared clean until we turned the hot tub jets on. Bubbles galore. What I can only assume and hope was some type of cleaner. Definitely not normal. My last concern was the lack of towels. The rooms had to wait for laundry to be done before restocking rooms. I can't imagine they were booked to capacity. We were also given a towel that had very bad tar like marks in the shape of an iron all over it. I can only imagine what the iron actually looked like. The room wasn't cheap and they had pretty good business from what it looked like. They need to have enough supplies.
Oh, let me not forget the noise. Pretty thin walls. But the worst was hearing the water (not sure if it was toilets or showers) but you can hear it at all hours of the day.
We stayed in room 210. The beds were clean and comfortable. The tv works and there was plenty of room with a living area and a pull out bed. The room included free wifi which the password expired without any notice. The room included a small frig and a microwave.
A small continental type breakfast is offered with some items being changed out daily. The weekday guy worked quickly and all food was pulled at the closing time. The weekend lady was definitely more friendly and took her time while asking if we needed anything else and offering assistance to my grandson without asking. She was the highlight of customer service for our trip.
Norfolk is big. We did some sightseeing and ate out a lot. I researched to find free stuff to do as well. We walked by the USS Wisconsin, visited the Chrysler Museum of Art, sat through their glass making presentation and a few other things.
After listing all of this it sounds like a not so good review. I wouldn't say that. I just like to be upfront and honest. I base my visits off reviews and wouldn't want others to be surprised. All in all I would stay here again. I would also say I picked this hotel based off the experience I received at the Savannah Holiday Inn Express. In comparison, they can definitely step it up a bit.

Stayed October 2014, traveled with friends
HIExpressNorfolk, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Norfolk International Airport, responded to this review, October 20, 2014
Greetings Traveler,

Thank you so much for your review of your stay with us. All of your mentioned issues have been documents and forwarded to the proper departments. It is our hope that during your stay with us, you brought these to the attention of management at the time they occurred so that they could be resolved promptly. It would appear that during the time frame you stayed with us, we were very full, sold out some nights, and we do apologize that it was an experience different from that you had in Savannah.

We hope that when back in the area, you will give us another try!

Montreal, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2014

We were quite happy to find this hotel. We were upgraded to a wonderful spacious suite. The two queen beds were comfortable and the room was very clean. We had excellent wi-fi connection and it was free. Breakfast was included and well stocked. Location was great, close to Lynnhaven Mall and Virginia Beach.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with family

Been to Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Norfolk International Airport? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Norfolk International Airport

Address: 1157 North Military Highway, Norfolk, VA 23502
Location: United States > Virginia > Norfolk
#4 Family Hotel in Norfolk
#7 Business Hotel in Norfolk
#7 Romantic Hotel in Norfolk
Hotel Class:2.5 star — Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Norfolk International Airport 2.5*
Our Norfolk hotel near Norfolk International Airport offers a free airport shuttle! We are three miles from Norfolk International Airport. Centrally located in Hampton Roads with easy access to Norfolk, Virginia Beach, Suffolk, Hampton, Chesapeake, Newport News, Williamsburg. Whether you are coming to Norfolk on vacation or to meet with business prospects, The Holiday Inn Express & Suites Norfolk Airport offers brand new accommodations to give you the best possible stay. A convenient commute for the business traveler, Holiday Inn Express & Suites Norfolk Airport offers easy access to many local businesses: Norfolk Industrial Park, Lake Wright Executive Center, CHKD, Virginia Wesleyan, Norfolk State University, Old Dominion University, NAB Little Creek, NAS Oceana, Fort Story Naval Station, Naval Station Norfolk. Leisure travelers can enjoy a hotel that embodies the spirit of Norfolk and the mermaid legend. Atargatis welcomes you to the city of art, entertainment, culture, and natural beauty! Favorites include: Nauticus, Virginia Beach Ocean Front, MacArthur Center, Norfolk Botanical Gardens, Norfolk Zoo, Chrysler Museum, Scope, The Norva, Verizon Amphitheater, Battle Ship Wisconsin, Norfolk Cruise Port. Then journey to Historic Williamsburg, Busch Gardens, Water Country USA. ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, IHG, Expedia, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, Priceline, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Agoda, TripOnline SA, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Norfolk International Airport reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Holiday Inn Express Hotel And Suites Norfolk International Airport

If you own or manage Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Norfolk International Airport, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.