You added Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Norfolk International Airport to your Saves list
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Norfolk International Airport
Ranked #5 of 39 Hotels in Norfolk
Norfolk, Virginia
“Front Desk Tee”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2014

My family and I drove from Minnesota to Norfolk to meet my wife's mom and dad. We originally made reservations at another hotel in Norfolk, but upon arrival we found a Burger King bag in one room along with a used towel on top of the TV cabinet. In the second room we found a broken down AC unit, a TV unplugged, a nasty sound coming from the fan, some funky smells, and just a bad vibe.

My wife refused to stay there so I called Holiday Inn Express and Suites where Tee answered. I told her what was happening and she apologized and said she would be happy to help us out. I was already impressed by her willingness to help me and she did not have to! Tee hooked my family and I up with an amzing room, a friendly smile, and true southern hospitality!

If you are looking for a place to stay in Norfolk VA Holiday Inn Express and Suites is definitely your place!

Room Tip: Totally recommend spending the extra $ for the bigger room!
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
HIExpressNorfolk, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Norfolk International Airport, responded to this review, August 4, 2014
Greetings Traveler!

Thank you so much for your review regarding your stay with us and for your positive words about Tee, I will make sure they are passed along to her manager for recognition.

See you again soon!

Director of Sales

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
Manila, Philippines
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2014

Stayed several nights at this excellent hotel near the airport, which offers pretty quick access to Virginia Beach and Little Creek.

The room was very large and super clean. There's a pool and a good hot breakfast at no extra charge. My room had a fridge and microwave, and was very quiet, which was great. The staff was very friendly, attentive and helpful.

This hotel has lots of dining options around it, too. And they have a free airport shuttle.

The next time I return to Norfolk, I will certainly stay here again.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
Hello Traveler,

Thanks for your positive review of our property and letting others know about your stay!

We look forward to seeing you again soon!

5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2014 via mobile

My flight was cancelled at Norfolk Airport and I happened to be sitting next to the sales manager Alison who took great care of me. Not only was she friendly but the hotel sent a car to come pick me up with a very kind driver and dropped me off to a very clean and great priced hotel. I would definitely stay here again and in the future will be staying at more Holiday Inns due to this experience.

• Stayed July 2014
Thanks for your kind review!
Sarasota, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2014

The entry was dark and gloomy. The people mean well, they have no chance with this property. It was very unattractive, but I can deal with that. It was run down looking, I can deal with that. kThen you get to the room and it smelled old and dingy. It was so bad I left. Then try getting your money back and no one can make a decision. It was beyond bad. I hate to write something like this but I would hope anyone visiting with a family would think again. The other Holiday Inn is night and day better and the right choice. Be careful.

Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
HIExpressNorfolk, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Norfolk International Airport, responded to this review, July 30, 2014
Hello,

I am very sorry you had such an experience at this hotel. I appreciate all feedback and am interested in learning more about your experience at this hotel. Please e-mail me at orfex@hmphotels.com.

Phil Modisett
Baldwin, Maryland
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2014

This facility is very conveniently located to the Norfolk Airport, literally just minutes away. And the staff were friendly and prompt, with the shuttle arriving as I walked out of the terminal, even though my flight had arrived after 11pm. Unfortunately, the stay went down hill. As for the Hotel, it does contain a full service restaurant, a business center, guest laundry and safety deposit box access. But as for the room, it had an older/worn type feeling. The carpet was worn and in need of replacement. The furniture looked as though it had been purchased at a yard sale. The room was clean & the bed comfortable. It contained a microwave & refrigerator, a flat screen TV, a clock, desk, an iron & ironing board, a coffee maker and a hair dryer. The a/c unit was antiquated and noisy, but functional. Water pressure was at times spotty. Linens were of above average quality. The facility is in need of refurbishment. Flanked by a Residence Inn & Doubletree, with a La Quinta right down the street, you may want to look elsewhere.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled solo
HIExpressNorfolk, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Norfolk International Airport, responded to this review, July 22, 2014
Hello!

I would appear that you have our hotel confused with the Holiday Inn Select located at 1570 North Military Highway. We do not have a full service restaurant and are not near the Residence Inn or Doubletree. We are the newer Holiday Inn Express & Suites Norfolk Airport, located at 1157 North Military Highway, across from the Janaf Shopping Center.

Thanks so much!

Louisville, Kentucky
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2014

I use this hotel often when in town and have been pleased with the comfort of the beds, the cleanliness of the rooms and the location in proximity to my needs. 10-15 minutes from Norfolk Naval Base, 5 - 10 minutes from the Norfolk Airport, Across the street from many restaurants and stores, and overall centrally located in an area that appears to be a safer spot in Norfolk, VA.

Having stayed here many times I can offer advise to someone who may be considering this location. First of all choose a higher floor for the noise levels. If the hotel has many guests the floors do not provide adequate sound barriers for the foot stomping that can occur above you. In addition for some reason here the plumbing (drains, toilets etc...) is very loud above your head in the rooms above. Circumvent this by staying on the fourth floor, therefore preventing that from happening.

A friendly and helpful staff, compliment the niceties of this well kept property. I would recommend this property...

Room Tip: Go high, keep the plumbing noise and guests above you from disturbing your stay...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
Greetings!

Thanks so much for your review of our property! Nothing means more to use than guest feedback, especially a guest who has frequented our property as much as you have based on your review. We look forward to continuing to serve you when in the Norfolk area!

New York City, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2014

The front desk staff were friendly and very helpful. We had never been to this area and they gave us great tips on places to see and eat. We picked this hotel since we were going to the beach but didn't want pay the high prices for hotels right on the beach. Room was somewhat clean but once we said something to the front desk they sent housekeeping up right away to go over room more closely. We would stay here again if we are in the area again

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Hello Traveler!

Thank you so much for your review of our property! I am glad that the staff was able to give you helpful suggestions of places to see and eat while with us and that you took advantage of our close proximity to the Virginia Beach Oceanfront. I do apologize that the room was not 100% clean upon your arrival, but and glad that we were able to get housekeeping up to your room immediately.

We look forward to seeing you again soon!

Director of Sales

Been to Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Norfolk International Airport? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Norfolk International Airport

Address: 1157 North Military Highway, Norfolk, VA 23502
Location: United States > Virginia > Norfolk
#4 Family Hotel in Norfolk
#7 Business Hotel in Norfolk
#7 Romantic Hotel in Norfolk
Hotel Class:2.5 star — Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Norfolk International Airport 2.5*
Our Norfolk hotel near Norfolk International Airport offers a free airport shuttle! We are three miles from Norfolk International Airport. Centrally located in Hampton Roads with easy access to Norfolk, Virginia Beach, Suffolk, Hampton, Chesapeake, Newport News, Williamsburg. Whether you are coming to Norfolk on vacation or to meet with business prospects, The Holiday Inn Express & Suites Norfolk Airport offers brand new accommodations to give you the best possible stay. A convenient commute for the business traveler, Holiday Inn Express & Suites Norfolk Airport offers easy access to many local businesses: Norfolk Industrial Park, Lake Wright Executive Center, CHKD, Virginia Wesleyan, Norfolk State University, Old Dominion University, NAB Little Creek, NAS Oceana, Fort Story Naval Station, Naval Station Norfolk. Leisure travelers can enjoy a hotel that embodies the spirit of Norfolk and the mermaid legend. Atargatis welcomes you to the city of art, entertainment, culture, and natural beauty! Favorites include: Nauticus, Virginia Beach Ocean Front, MacArthur Center, Norfolk Botanical Gardens, Norfolk Zoo, Chrysler Museum, Scope, The Norva, Verizon Amphitheater, Battle Ship Wisconsin, Norfolk Cruise Port. Then journey to Historic Williamsburg, Busch Gardens, Water Country USA. ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Priceline, Cheap Tickets, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Agoda, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Norfolk International Airport reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Holiday Inn Express Hotel And Suites Norfolk International Airport

If you own or manage Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Norfolk International Airport, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.