“Different Design but Refreshing” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Norfolk International Airport

You added Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Norfolk International Airport to your Saves list
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Norfolk International Airport
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   1157 North Military Highway, Norfolk, VA 23502   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save 10-30%
Ranked #3 of 39 Hotels in Norfolk
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Albuquerque, New Mexico
“Different Design but Refreshing”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2014

Lobby design caught me off guard but its cool. Staff are TOP NOTCH!!!! Service is TOP NOTCH!! This place appears to be fitted for longer stays for travellers of 2 or more as the rooms are setup with living room and a partitioned off bedroom. NICE. Best fitness center you'll ever see at at Holiday Inn Express: Free weights, a bench to do incline presses, 2 walking machines, a one of those compact deluxe gym machine thats configured to do 10 different workouts. In vicinity to eateries, freeway access. Very Nice.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
HIExpressNorfolk, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Norfolk International Airport, responded to this review, February 24, 2014
Hello Traveler!

Thank you so much for your awesome review of our property! I am glad to hear that you found our service and staff to be top notch and that our fitness center is the best you’ve seen at any Holiday Inn Express.

We look forward to your return visit and appreciate your patronage!

Safe Travels!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
washington, pa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2014

This is the second time my husband and I have stayed here at it did not disappoint!! Went to see our son off for his first Navy tour of duty. This hotel is spotlessly clean, warm and inviting. The rooms are large, well appointed and comfy, even the beds. The staff are friendly, professional and accommodating. Job well done Holiday Inn!
The only critique I would offer are small things like, the hot tub and pool could stand be warmer and the pillows seemed a bit small for a king sized bed. Having said that, for the price, this is a wonderful place to stay should you find yourself in the area.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
HIExpressNorfolk, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Norfolk International Airport, responded to this review, February 12, 2014
Hello Traveler,

Thank you so much for your kind words in regards to our hotel. We are very pleased that you came back to stay with us again and that you had another excellent experience. Your comments in regards to the pool/hot tub have been notated, as well as the pillow, and passed along to the appropriate department heads.

Thank you so much and we look forward to seeing you again soon!
Jeddah
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2014

We booked for 3 nights and had to extend another day. I was so glad that the receptionist was able to give me the same rate for our fourth night. As I expected, the place was well maintained. I will never get tired in telling that their room sizes is probably the largest I have experienced in my travel to Asia, Europe, US, and the Middle East. A job well done for all of your staff. I alreadu am looking forward to my next stay with you guys.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
HIExpressNorfolk, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Norfolk International Airport, responded to this review, January 9, 2014
Hello!

Thank you for your review. Your continued patronage of our hotel is the best compliment we could receive. I am glad to hear that our Front Desk Agent was able to assist in extending out your reservation.

We look forward to seeing you soon!
Foster City, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2013

Had a very late arriving flight and desk clerk suggested late check out - I wasn't thinking too clearly at that point. Worked out wonderfully. Blackout curtains work really well and hotel was very quiet. Room is very large true two room suite with refrig, micro and coffeemaker. Price is very reasonable.

Room Tip: Odd number rooms are away from highway.
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled solo
HIExpressNorfolk, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Norfolk International Airport, responded to this review, January 2, 2014
Hello!

Thank you so much for your review of our hotel! We can never overstate how much your feedback is essential to the success of our hotel and in serving others. I am pleased to hear that you found our hotel to be exactly what you were looking for and I invite you back again soon!

Safe Travels!
Essex, Maryland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2013

My husband and I recently stayed at this hotel for a weekend trip to visit his family for the holidays. We stayed in a jacuzzi room, which was definitely worth the upgrade of like $15. Room was clean and bed was comfortable. I usually like a firm mattress and my husband prefers a soft mattress. Neither one of us complained of a sore back the next day or trouble getting to sleep, which is a plus for both of us. On our first night, we had a problem the next morning about the ceiling leaking above us in the bathroom near the toilet. It must have been a leaking pipe or something. We reported it that same morning and they moved us to another room with no problems. It was a little bit of a pain to move, but the front desk staff gave us a choice of floor and ensured us that we would not be charged for the incident, which is always my worry when you have a problem in a hotel room regarding damage. We stayed on the 2nd and 3rd floors and did not have any problem with noise, except when cleaning was vacuuming a nearby room, but that wasn't until 11:15 AM. No problem with that. Also, I love the free wi-fi. That is always a plus in my book when I look for hotels. The only complaint that we had was that the breakfast ended relatively early at 10AM, when it is advertized ending at 10:30AM on the weekends. So, we did not get to sample the breakfast wares and had to go to a nearby IHOP. Overall, we had a good stay and would visit again.

Room Tip: Get a jacuzzi room, worth the extra bit of money.
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Greetings!

Thank you so much for sharing your positive experience with our hotel. I do apologize that you had to encounter a room with a leak, but an glad to hear that the Front Desk handled the situation promptly and to your satisfaction and that you enjoyed the free Wi-Fi. I am also sorry that you didn’t get a chance to experience our breakfast! Breakfast is served Monday-Friday 6am-9:30am, Saturday-Sunday from 7am-10am for our hotel guests and is always free. When in the area again, I do hope that you will choose us!
Bel Air, Maryland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2013

This is a young (4-year old) hotel with big rooms, pleasant service, a big mermaid sculpture at the entrance, and a unique color scheme of teals, greens, and browns. The location is convenient to both Virginia Beach and Norfolk, as well as Regent U. Breakfast is typical of the breed in a pretty roomy dining area. In all, this is an easy recommendation for the price--and thanks for noting if I was able to help you.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
HIExpressNorfolk, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Norfolk International Airport, responded to this review, November 18, 2013
Hello HepAdvisor,

Thank you so much for your recent review of our property. I am glad to hear that you found our hotel to fit your needs when in the Norfolk/Virginia Beach area and look forward to seeing you again soon!
Washington, DC
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2013

I will be back at your hotel on December 7 and looking forward to the stay as always. When I am in Norfolk, this is the hotel where I stay when I am not traveling with 2 small dogs. The location is perfect for my activities in Norfolk: shopping , the Symphony and the Opera House.

Room Tip: I like the upper floors because they are the most quiet.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
HIExpressNorfolk, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Norfolk International Airport, responded to this review, November 13, 2013
Hello ViolaPlayer!

Thank you so much for your continued patronage and loyalty to our hotel! It is guests like you that make our hotel great and we hope to continue to serve you in such an excellent manner. We look forward to seeing you again in December!

Been to Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Norfolk International Airport? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Norfolk International Airport

Address: 1157 North Military Highway, Norfolk, VA 23502
Location: United States > Virginia > Norfolk
#4 Business Hotel in Norfolk
#4 Family Hotel in Norfolk
Hotel Class:2.5 star — Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Norfolk International Airport 2.5*
Our Norfolk hotel near Norfolk International Airport offers a free airport shuttle! We are three miles from Norfolk International Airport. Centrally located in Hampton Roads with easy access to Norfolk, Virginia Beach, Suffolk, Hampton, Chesapeake, Newport News, Williamsburg. Whether you are coming to Norfolk on vacation or to meet with business prospects, The Holiday Inn Express & Suites Norfolk Airport offers brand new accommodations to give you the best possible stay. A convenient commute for the business traveler, Holiday Inn Express & Suites Norfolk Airport offers easy access to many local businesses: Norfolk Industrial Park, Lake Wright Executive Center, CHKD, Virginia Wesleyan, Norfolk State University, Old Dominion University, NAB Little Creek, NAS Oceana, Fort Story Naval Station, Naval Station Norfolk. Leisure travelers can enjoy a hotel that embodies the spirit of Norfolk and the mermaid legend. Atargatis welcomes you to the city of art, entertainment, culture, and natural beauty! Favorites include: Nauticus, Virginia Beach Ocean Front, MacArthur Center, Norfolk Botanical Gardens, Norfolk Zoo, Chrysler Museum, Scope, The Norva, Verizon Amphitheater, Battle Ship Wisconsin, Norfolk Cruise Port. Then journey to Historic Williamsburg, Busch Gardens, Water Country USA. ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Agoda, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Norfolk International Airport reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Holiday Inn Express Hotel And Suites Norfolk International Airport

If you own or manage Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Norfolk International Airport, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.