“great for families on a budget” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Norfolk International Airport

Save Saved
You added Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Norfolk International Airport to your Saves list
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Norfolk International Airport
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   1157 North Military Highway, Norfolk, VA 23502   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #5 of 39 hotels in Norfolk
Durham, North Carolina
“great for families on a budget”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2013

This hotel is showing age. There is a statue in the lobby/dining area that will make the lobby look better if it is not there. We were given a room on the top floor. For the price we paid for the stay and the free breakfast and free internet, I am happy with the accommodation. The room is decent size with a door that separate the bedroom and the living room with the sleeper sofa. Staff were nice and accommodating. The hotel is located near a walmart and some fastfood place. Great for families with more than 2 kids.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
HIExpressNorfolk, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Norfolk International Airport, responded to this review, July 19, 2013
Hello Traveler!
Thanks for your recent review. We are sorry that our resident mermaid, Atargaris, took away from the lobby’s appearance in your opinion (she isn’t for everyone’s tastes). As for showing age, we’ve been open for 4 years and have noticed that there is some touch ups that need to take place and are currently in the works of happening in the near future. We recently had our lobby floor replaced as the start of the touch ups. We are very glad to hear that you found the suite, breakfast, and internet to your liking and that our staff was accommodating to your needs.
We look forward to see you again soon!

139 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
NH
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

My wife and I had a 10 hour drive with 2 children and we arrived at the hotel around 7:00 a.m. Kayla at the front desk gave us an early check in and provided us with excellent customer service. I mentioned to her that I didn't have my rewards number and I that I was disappointed that I had never received a card in the mail. She quickly looked up my number and created a card for me. She also gave me a stack of linens and pillow for the pullout coach just in case I didn't have any in my room. When I told her that my pet peeve was arriving at hotel and not having enough bath towels and facecloths she immediately ran to the back and handed me extras for both. This is the first time I have ever taken time to write a review. I feel that exceptional customer service like this needs to be noted as it is so rare these days! Thank you Kayla for raising the bar.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
HIExpressNorfolk, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Norfolk International Airport, responded to this review, July 11, 2013
Hello Traveler!

WOW! We love it when we get positive reviews and love it even more when the review names a particular employee and their dedication to customer service! Kayla is an amazing employee and we are very proud to call her one of our staff. We are overjoyed that you had a phenomenal check in after your long drive and that Kayla was able to meet your needs in a prompt manner.

We look forward to seeing you again soon!
Fort Worth, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2013

Being a business traveler and staying in hotel 150+ days a year I've stayed at all price levels. I have to say this hotel was by far better than some Four Seasons I've stayed at and at a fourth of the cost! Staff is very accommodating and friendly. Lots of people there for a conference and the hospitality was showed to all. The room was so clean! Even the bathroom! A/C worked flawlessly and room was quiet. The grounds around the hotel were beautifully manicured. High recomend this hotel. Very close to the airport and easy to get to plenty of dinning places around.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
HIExpressNorfolk, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Norfolk International Airport, responded to this review, July 1, 2013
Greetings!

Thank you so much for that awesome review of our property. We are very pleased that find our hotel to be better than some of the Four Seasons that you've frequented-What a compliment! It is reviews like yours that let people know how great our hotel is and the level of customer service that was deliver everyday.

We look forward to seeing you again soon!
Washington, DC
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2013

In Norfolk it is a quiet place to settle in after a long drive to read or do nothing. I basically come here to crash (quietly). The hotel is central to people and places that I visit Norfolk. I really don't have anything additional to say. I visit Norfolk often for sailing, visit friends and business.The first time I simply was tired, saw the hotel and went in and asked, " do you have a room"? That is how it all started. The only time I don't stay there is when I travel with my dogs. I stay at a hotel on East Little Cree

Room Tip: Any place except across from the Swimming pool
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled solo

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

HIExpressNorfolk, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Norfolk International Airport, responded to this review, June 6, 2013
Hello Violaplayer!

It is so good to hear that you find the Holiday Inn Express brand to be your second home when traveling! We are pleased to hear that you enjoy our hotel so much and that it is a consistent source of lodging when in the area. We appreciate your patronage and look forward to continue to serve you best.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2013

We stayed in Norfolk during a business/leisure trip. The hotel is very well lit and very clean. The bedding very comfortable, and our room was spotless. I lost my key and when I approached the front desk they greeted me by name and seemed as if it was there pleasure to assist. I have stayed at other places and did not feel as welcomed as I did here. I would definitely recommend this hotel to anyone. It is centrally located and its any easy trip to the beach from here. We will stay again the next time we are in Norfolk.

• Stayed March 2013
HIExpressNorfolk, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Norfolk International Airport, responded to this review, May 20, 2013
Hello Vacationtimeyes!

We are very grateful for your review and are glad that you felt welcomed in our hotel. It is our goal to provide top notch customer service to every individual and are very pleased to know that we did that for you. We look forward to seeing you again soon!
Louisville, Kentucky
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 10, 2013

This property is located just about 5 minutes from the airport and between downtown Norfolk and Virginia Beach. Close to the highway it offers a pretty good location for both and business. Free parking, internet and an included breakfast make this appealing versus the downtown locations with their higher costs. A bottle of water and cookies made the welcome especially nice.

The hotel seems to be fairly new and in good condition. The rooms seem modern and the blue and green sea colars reflect a clean and inviting atmosphere. With 5 floors, a pool, exercise facilty and good proximity to many local restaurants it is easy to do business here. Families may want to go to the beach or the city location though.

The walls in the hotel seem to lack adeqaute soundproofing, but the standard king suite that I had did afford a seperate bedroom that permitted me to close the door and turn the air on to drown out "slamming" hotel doors.

The included breakfast was not bad but also not great. You can find something that will adequately satisfy the morning breakfast need. Selections inlude orange juice, apple juice, milk, coffee and water. Food available was cinnamon rolls (Very Good), pre made cheese omelettes that contained a cheese that reminded me of cheez wiz, cerals, yohgurts, and fruit. Some other chains have a better breakfast, but over all this was an acceptable inclusion.

Room Tip: A higher floor will help with traffic noise from people, a two room suite is much better for space a...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Hello Traveler!

Thank you so much for your amazing review of our property! It means the world to use when we get to hear about people’s experiences with our hotel, whether it be positive or negative. We are glad that you found your time with us enjoyable and look forward to having you back with us soon when you’re in the area!
Clinton, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2013

I am excited to share that for the past 2 years we have use Holiday Inn Express Hotel in Norfolk for a 1 night stay and we have truly enjoyed the service. Every year the roll the red carpet out for our group of 50+ to have a great stay!!! Keep up the great work! If you need help the go to person at the Holiday Inn is Lewis Tedesco!!! Thanks for all your help we look forward to seeing you next year!!!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

HIExpressNorfolk, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Norfolk International Airport, responded to this review, May 10, 2013
Hello ReginaR!

Thank you so much for your continued patronage of our property! We certainly do enjoy it when people return to the area and chose to stay with us, especially one of your size. We believe in giving our guests everything possible to have them enjoy their stay and will continue to do so!

We look forward to servicing your needs next year!

Been to Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Norfolk International Airport? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Norfolk International Airport

Address: 1157 North Military Highway, Norfolk, VA 23502
Location: United States > Virginia > Norfolk
#6 Family Hotel in Norfolk
#8 Romantic Hotel in Norfolk
#10 Business Hotel in Norfolk
Hotel Class:2.5 star — Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Norfolk International Airport 2.5*
Our Norfolk hotel near Norfolk International Airport offers a free airport shuttle! We are three miles from Norfolk International Airport. Centrally located in Hampton Roads with easy access to Norfolk, Virginia Beach, Suffolk, Hampton, Chesapeake, Newport News, Williamsburg. Whether you are coming to Norfolk on vacation or to meet with business prospects, The Holiday Inn Express & Suites Norfolk Airport offers brand new accommodations to give you the best possible stay. A convenient commute for the business traveler, Holiday Inn Express & Suites Norfolk Airport offers easy access to many local businesses: Norfolk Industrial Park, Lake Wright Executive Center, CHKD, Virginia Wesleyan, Norfolk State University, Old Dominion University, NAB Little Creek, NAS Oceana, Fort Story Naval Station, Naval Station Norfolk. Leisure travelers can enjoy a hotel that embodies the spirit of Norfolk and the mermaid legend. Atargatis welcomes you to the city of art, entertainment, culture, and natural beauty! Favorites include: Nauticus, Virginia Beach Ocean Front, MacArthur Center, Norfolk Botanical Gardens, Norfolk Zoo, Chrysler Museum, Scope, The Norva, Verizon Amphitheater, Battle Ship Wisconsin, Norfolk Cruise Port. Then journey to Historic Williamsburg, Busch Gardens, Water Country USA. ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, IHG, Orbitz, Travelocity, Priceline, Tingo, Agoda, Expedia, Hotels.com, BookingOdigeoWL, Venere and Otel so you can book your Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Norfolk International Airport reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Holiday Inn Express Hotel And Suites Norfolk International Airport

If you own or manage Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Norfolk International Airport, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.