“Fantastic Service, Quality and Staff” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #12 of 39 hotels in Norfolk
Phoenix, Arizona
“Fantastic Service, Quality and Staff”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 10, 2013

I needed a quick stay at the airport in Norfolk and booked at the Candlewood Suites. The experience was amazing form beginning to start. I was greeted by a great front end staff, excellent accommodations and terrific price. Laundry facilities, Gym and common areas were excellent. I even had a smoking room that did NOT smell like a smoking room. Definitely the place to stay in Norfolk!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business

61 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Nags Head, North Carolina
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

This was first time stay at Candlewood. I had reserved online over a month and a half earlier for king one bedroom smoking suite. There were only two of us, but we prefer the added room so we're not "on top" of each other when getting ready, or if one of us wants to nap while the other is up with tv, etc. not to mention we were meeting some friends there and it would have giving us a place to sit without being on the beds, etc. When I checked in at a little after 3:00 the lobby was packed but expected right at check in time. I was informed that they did not have the room I reserved, glitch in the system. My best friend is the sales rep for another property chain where I live, and that was not the case. I believe they simply gave my room away due to the number of guests. After some time waiting for them to get a room ready for us I was in turn given a room with two double beds. No separate living area. I guess this is a studio. Still had the full kitchen which is nice but the room was on the small side. The room apparently was "cleaned" on the fly because there was trash on the floor near the bed, (couple of water bottle tops and some cigarette cellophane) the bathroom floor was "sticky", the ice maker didn't work, the toilet took forever to fill up with water so it could be flushed and when you did flush it, it sounded like a fog horn on a tug boat accompanied by a very loud screeching sound. There was also apparently a dog kennel near by to which we had to turn on the microwave fan to drown out the sound of barking dogs. I will say that the staff was very kind and helpful and any bad experience was certainly not the fault of them. I was given $20 off the original cost of the room and $5 cupboard credit, which I never used. Overall the stay was pleasant enough, but I more than likely will not return to this hotel.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Candlewood Suites Norfolk Airport, responded to this review, May 29, 2013
Dear islandlife47,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review about your stay with us. I am pleased to know that you find our staff wonderful. Our staff members are truly the heart of the hotel and I am glad it's being appreciated by our guests. Our goal is to ensure that all our clients leave satisfied and we try our best to fulfill all our guest requests. I apologize for the shortfalls during your recent stay with us. We constantly strive to provide an environment of comfort and value to our guests, therefore, we are sincerely concerned when we fall short of your expectations. I have taken note of your valuable comments and will use these to monitor and improve the quality of services we offer to our guests.

Again, thank you for staying with us and taking the time to give feedback.

Krysllin G.
Case Manager
IHGCare
Old Orchard Beach, Maine
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 4, 2013

We enjoyed our stay here because we were able to relax and have many amenities, such as a kitchen, lobby shop, newspaper daily, nearby eateries and shops, as well as laundry facilities where we could refresh our clothes after a week on the road. It was a convenient location for touring Norfolk and it was all in all a lovely hotel with a good staff and well-maintained facilities. I would highly recommend it and would definitely come back!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Virginia Beach, VA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2013

If you ever need a place for an extended stay, such as around two weeks, this is the place to choose. The accommodations were very nice and clean with even dishes being provided, as well as a stove and microwave with a popcorn packet enclosed to make a guest feel welcome.

My husband and I needed to place his sister in a transitional living situation until the apartment she planned to move into became available. We were pleased with all staff, especially the assistant general manager, Dru A. Tripathi!! He could not have been more accommodating. He worked with us to be sure that our sister was comfortable, which was very helpful to her and put our minds at ease.

I cannot say enough good things about this place and about the staff who were all very courteous and helpful!

Room Tip: I cannot think of any right now. Do pay attention to the size of the closet if you wish to stay lon...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Elsie C, General Manager at Candlewood Suites Norfolk Airport, responded to this review, May 13, 2013
Thank you so much for the wonderful review regarding Candlewood Suites Norfolk Airport. We appreciate you taking the time to leave us such an outstanding compliment.
We are pleased to recieve such great praise and acknowledgement. The staff at Candlewood Suites Norfolk Airport feely truly honored that a guest such as yourself was able to recognize their everyday efforts to enure great customer service.
Thank you once again for such a delightful comment. We hope that you will continue to use IHG for your future stays.

North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2013

This hotel was relatively nice considering the value. It was a nice sized cozy studio style room, nice, neat and clean. Nothing spectacular about it but I didn't really expect so much for such a good price. I loved that it had a regular sized refrigerator and lots of counter space. Also the location was perfect; close to the malls, shopping centers and Walmart and Farm Fresh right down the street was a great convenience. The one problem I had with my stay was the ice maker in the refrigerator was not producing ice. The staff offered us another room but at that point we had already settled into our room and did not want to change. I would say overall my stay was pleasant.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Elsie C, General Manager at Candlewood Suites Norfolk Airport, responded to this review, April 18, 2013
I am Elsie Cabrera the General Manager for Candlewood Suites Norfolk Airport. I am delighted and surprising experience during your recent stay with us. Our Suites speak for themselves. It is good to know that the staff did their best to accommodate you.
We hope that the next time you are traveling if not in our area but somewhere different you will continue to look towards Candlewood Suites as a great place to stay.
Norfolk
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2013

I love staying at the Candlewood! This place is by far the best in Norfolk, Va. The rooms are flawless, and very professional staff. Ask for Dru!! He is a very professional employee, who is dedicated to his job. His loyal devotion to his work reflects great credit upon himself and keeps with the highest tradition of IHG properties. The hotel has a fully sized kitchen, free laundry and a gas grill in the back. Higly recommended .

• Stayed March 2013
Elsie C, Manager at Candlewood Suites Norfolk Airport, responded to this review, April 18, 2013
Hello,

Your review brings great joy to all the staff at the Candlewood Suites Norfolk Airport. We want nothing but to give our best to our guests. And it seems that you had a wonderful stay with us.

We hope that the next time you find yourself in the Hampton Roads area you will consider staying with the Candlewood Suites Norfolk Airport.

Norfolk, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2013

I travel alot in my line of work and Candlewood Suites have the cleanest rooms, the friendliest people do deal with and the most comfortabe rooms for the amount of money . Dru at the Norfolk location is a wonderful person and helps in every way to make your stay is a great experience. I stay here whenever I am in town!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
When an experienced traveler such as yourself stops by our Candlewood Suites Norfolk Airport and can give us such a wonderful review it brings a great amount of joy. It lets us all know that we are providing great service to each one of our guests.
We hope that you will continue using Candlewood Suites Norfolk Airport as your hotel of choice when you are in the area.

Elsie Cabrera

Been to Candlewood Suites Norfolk Airport? Share your experiences!