“Water view conveniently located” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Breakfast for 2 Included
Ranked #16 of 39 Hotels in Norfolk
New York City, New York
“Water view conveniently located”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

This hotel is situated conveniently walking distance from the mall and main streets for restaurants and bars.( about 5-8 mins walk ) hotel has restaurant which has water view but service at this restaurant is really slow. Food was well priced and decent .
They have gift shop on site so if you have to buy a small gift for friends or family you could do it at the hotel.
I had a room over looking the water and it was beautiful .
Sunset is very beautiful and every once in a while there will be ships (very interesting looking one ) comes and goes .

Stayed October 2014, traveled on business
SheratonNorfolk, General Manager at Sheraton Norfolk Waterside Hotel, responded to this review, 2 days ago
Thank you for choosing the Sheraton Norfolk Waterside Hotel. We are happy to hear that you enjoyed our accommodations and breathtaking views of the water. Please accept our apologies if your experience in our restaurant did not live up to your expectations. Feedback such as yours is crucial for improving the service and quality we offer to our guests. We appreciate you taking the time to share your review and we hope we'll have the opportunity to welcome you back again.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (134)
Oxon Hill, Maryland
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Went for Norfolk State homecoming and this was the host hotel. Stayed in the suites but I have been in suites before and this was just a regular room on a floor maybe that had suites but we was not in one. They really showed us you get what you pay for because we used our points so we was on a club level with suites but like I stated before the room was regular. No refrigerator and this would be considered a suite? I don't think so was a little disappointed. Would have given higher score if I felt like I was really in a suite.

• Stayed October 2014, traveled as a couple
Thank you for sharing your experience with us. While it was a pleasure to accommodate you at our hotel, we deeply regret that we were not able to exceed your expectations. We always strive to provide a comfortable stay for all of our guests and apologize for any inconveniences. We are grateful for your loyalty to the Sheraton brand and hope you will allow us another opportunity to impress you during a future visit. We offer a variety of room sizes and refrigerators are available upon request.
Seattle, Washington
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

staying here for 2 nights for work (checked in on 8th and out the 10th of October 2014. Room 653). 1st night stay, at 8am I got a loud multiple bangs on my doors (yes, not just a knock but a loud multiple bangs). Opened the door and a housekeeping maid asked if I wanted my room to be cleaned. I said, No, and I asked if she saw the "DO NOT DISTURB" sign on my door. She replied," It didn't mean nothin'!!!" .. I shut the door .

At 6pm the same day, I relay my complained to a manager and she rolled her eyes on me!

DO NOT STAY at this property !! they are rude!!! Don't know how they get the stars for the property, they don't even deserve a 1 star.

• Stayed October 2014, traveled on business
SheratonNorfolk, General Manager at Sheraton Norfolk Waterside Hotel, responded to this review, 1 week ago
Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your recent experience. It is truly regrettable to learn that your stay was less than satisfactory and I hope you will accept my sincere apologies that we did not create the experience you deserve as our valued guest. We would like another chance to win you over and hope you will someday allow us the opportunity to welcome you back. We encourage you to reach out directly if you wish to discuss your concerns further. Thank you.
Richmond, VA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

I would definitely go back. The breakfast was really good, and not expensive for a buffet compared to other places. There should be more outdoor seating though. The folks seemed friendly, the valet guys are helpful. Great location. Looking out over the water is a treat. Went with my family for my Mom's birthday. Had a good time. I would go back!

Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
We are honored that you chose to celebrate your Mom's birthday with us at the Sheraton Norfolk Waterside Hotel. Thank you for taking the time to share your dining experience at our City Dock Restaurant. We are happy that you were able to enjoy the stunning views while dining with us and we appreciate the feedback that you’ve shared regarding our outdoor seating. We are all looking forward to your return visit.
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Very bad experience in the Sheraton Hotel, the rooms are plenty of dust every where if you have allergies to dust this is not the place to go. After 11 hrs. of Driving from Montreal I check in but my sleep night was very bad because I have dust allergies. The next morning when I check out I notify the manager about this issue and I request a clean room for my next stay 2 week later because I have a reservation in 2 weeks, She apologize and guaranty me that for my next stay the room I will get will be clean but she didn't deliver what she promise, 2 weeks later I checked in at 1h00 am and the room I got was worse, I had an up grade on the VIP floor and was the same, dust every where. Is very disappointing to pay big box and have poor clean rooms. you can see the pictures and make your conclusions. This Hotel is my personal opinion need to have a new house keeping manager because the person in charge is not doing the minimum standards.

Room Tip: Harbor view rooms are the best.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
SheratonNorfolk, General Manager at Sheraton Norfolk Waterside Hotel, responded to this review, 2 weeks ago
On behalf of our housekeeping staff, I would like to extend my sincere apologies for the condition that your room was in upon your arrival. We are committed to providing each of our guests with superior services and regret when we fall short of that goal. We appreciate that you've alerted us to your experience and assure you that the head of our housekeeping department will be reading over your review. We hope you'll allow us another chance to impress you the next time you are visiting Norfolk.
Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Took my family to the hotel for the evening on the way to North Carolina. The staff did a great job welcoming us to the hotel, offering fast and efficient service and made us feel at home. The rooms was a nice size and comfortable for 3 people. Breakfast in the morning is great and the kids eat free is a nice touch. great job to the team!

• Stayed September 2014, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time to share your visit in Norfolk. Although we are glad that your stay was so enjoyable, we believe you may have reviewed the wrong hotel, as we do not offer a promo for kids to eat free at this time. We hope you'll have the opportunity to visit the Sheraton Norfolk Waterside Hotel sometime soon.
Richmond, Kentucky
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

I was there for a tradeshow at the beginning of September. From check in to check out the entire staff was tremendous!!! Such nice people. Two in particular stand out Tommy, or Timmy(?) banquet server, and the room service gentleman on the night of 9/05. (sorry I can't remember his name) They both were wonderful and engaging. They should be in charge of guest service training. They are excellent at what they do!! I was in room 936 Definitely will be back!!!!

Keep up the good work!!!!!

Thanks to all for amking my stay so much fun.

• Stayed September 2014, traveled on business
SheratonNorfolk, General Manager at Sheraton Norfolk Waterside Hotel, responded to this review, 3 weeks ago
It is always our goal to deliver outstanding service to each and every one of our guests at the Sheraton Norfolk Waterside Hotel. We are truly pleased to read the many kind comments that you've shared for our staff and are delighted that you are already planning a return visit with us. Thank you for taking the time to share your encouraging remarks. We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Been to Sheraton Norfolk Waterside Hotel? Share your experiences!