“The best sleep ever” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #16 of 39 Hotels in Norfolk
Atlanta, GA
“The best sleep ever”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2013

I absolutely love this location.
My husband and I have stayed at the Sheraton Waterside a number of times.
We are both originally from the area and know first hand that this is one of the best hotels in the area. We have never been disappointed with our room and the customer service is always top notch.

Our most recent stay was just a month ago and once again we were not disappointed.
My husband wanted to surprise me with with a few gifts in the room. Several employees went above and beyond to help ensure that things were set up exactly as he wanted them. Even making sure that things that needed to be refrigerated were taken care of while we were away. This type of service is what keeps us coming back.

The rooms are always very clean and the beds, oh my goodness. I really wish I could take one of them home with me in my suitcase. The beds are so very comfortable. We always end up with the need to call the front desk the next morning in hopes that we can be granted a late check out because we just hate to have to leave those beds.

The rooms with the view of the River and Downtown Portsmouth are great and provide such a relaxing atmosphere at night by opening the curtain to allow the glow from the light to enter the room.

The only thing I would like to see change would maybe be the room decor.
Its can be a little dull however as I previously stated the rooms are clean and comfortable so the decor is no deal breaker for me.

The location is great. I love that Macarthur Mall is just a few blocks away.
There are also a ton of other restaurants in the area.

The parking is another story. The Valet servce is a bit on the expensive side however the service that they provide is great so we dont complain.
There is a parking garage that can be used but during the winter months, that walk can seem much longer than it actually is when trying to make it from that garage, down the street, and back to the hotel as the wind blows over the cold river water. So this is another reason we go ahead and dish out the money for the valet service.

Room Tip: Request a room one of the higher floors with a view.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
SheratonNorfolk, General Manager at Sheraton Norfolk Waterside Hotel, responded to this review, April 1, 2013
As a loyal guest to our hotel, we can’t thank you enough for taking the time to share your recent stay with us. It’s wonderful to read so many positive comments regarding our Sheraton Sweet Sleeper Beds! Your honest feedback regarding our room decor is truly appreciated and will be taken into consideration for the future. We are delighted that we were able to once again live up to your expectations of our services and we hope you’ll have the opportunity to stay with us again. It’s always our pleasure to welcome you to the Sheraton Norfolk Waterside Hotel.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (132)
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2013

I stayed one night during the motorcycle event and at te same time a marine ball. Boy, there was a lot of people! Especially the motorcycle people smoking their lungs out outside of of the hotel since the hotel is smoke free.

I thought I was not going to be able to sleep, but I'm glad the hotel out big signs on each floor by the elevator reminding. The group not to make noise at night. It was not noise free during the night, but it could have been worst.

The rooms are very comfortable with a large king bed and very comfortable pillows. Best so far.
Glad to know the hotel provides two complimentary bottle of water. The room had an oversized red lounge chair. The bathrooms are small and tight. Nice counter space, but maybe it took away from the actual bathroom space

I read one of the reviews that the hotel had a restaurant and room service, but there was no menus in the room and mine didnt have one.

The hotel is right by the water and a few restaurant just a few blocks away with a mall across the street.

If the motorcycle people were not at the hotel I probably would have enjoy te amines of the hotel better. But I guess every group has to have a place to meet even thought is bothersome to others. Ill ask around next time around for any events.

• Stayed March 2013
SheratonNorfolk, General Manager at Sheraton Norfolk Waterside Hotel, responded to this review, March 25, 2013
Thank you for sharing your perspective with us though we deeply regret any inconveniences or noise disruptions that may have impacted your time with us. We do try our best to minimize the noise level on each floor to ensure that all of our guests receive a good night's rest. Since we are a smoke-free property, we try to offer plenty of outdoor space for those guests who choose to smoke and truly regret if you experienced inconveniences during this time. Thank you for sharing your feedback with us and please accept our apologies if our restaurant menu was not available in your room. We hope that we'll have the opportunity to welcome you back to the Sheraton Norfolk Waterside Hotel.
Pensacola, FL
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

Stayed there for business in January. The rooms are well appointed, great breakfast, convenient location. The hotel is right on the water with great view of the harbor and many Navy vessels. Waterside is right off I264 so going to the Airport or VA Beach is easy. Next to the hotel is Waterside park with a few restaurants. A few blocks away is the best mall in town, and around the corner the USS Wisconsin is open to the public. Great for either business or pleasure.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
SheratonNorfolk, General Manager at Sheraton Norfolk Waterside Hotel, responded to this review, March 18, 2013
We appreciate your feedback regarding your experience and we thank you for pointing out our location to the nearby attractions. It seems like you may have discovered a few favorite attractions during your stay! Whether visiting for business or leisure, we hope you'll have the opportunity to visit with us again at the Sheraton Norfolk Waterside Hotel.
usa
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2013

Great comfy rooms on club level. Breakfast & lounge were great additions. Comfy beds, speedy checkout, attentive staff! In room internet charge seems ridiculous in this day & age. Computers in lobby are clunky. the entrance is hard to find. Thy need more signage at the end of the parking lot.

Room Tip: Ask for a water view
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
It was a pleasure to learn of your stay on our Club Level floor. We always appreciate receiving feedback from our guests, as we are continually striving to improve our services. For any inconveniences you may have encountered with our Internet charge and parking, we truly apologize and appreciate you sharing your honest and helpful feedback. Thank you and we hope you’ll have the opportunity to visit with us again at the Sheraton Norfolk Waterside Hotel.
Washington DC, District of Columbia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2013

It was very convenient after finishing my meeting downtown to see the hotel and pull right in. The valet guys watched my car and I went in to book my room. The rate was twice as much as other hotels outside the downtown area. When I went out to park my car I was directed to a pay parking garage 1/4 mile away and was advised to park instead at the valet at a cost of $22. I chose it because I didn't want to walk far with my suit case. Everything in the room looked new and OK on the surface. Other than the dark coffee splatter all over the wall the room was pretty clean. I went to the bathroom and went to turn the faucet on and noticed it was not fastened very well to the sink. Then I noticed there was no hot water. I went to log on to the house internet system and was surprised to see that it cost an additional $9.49 per day. I thought that was odd given that most other hotels offer internet access for free. The internet access was slower than it should have been for the charge. When I finally turned in and layed on the bed I found myself laying in a gaping hole caused by on old worn out matress. I tried moving around but couldn't escape it so I ended up sleeping on the floor.
The next morning I turned on the shower and waited...and waited...and waited.. for the water to get hot. After discharging 100 gallons of water I got luke warm at best.
So over all the convenience and location where great, but the hotel seemed more interested in what was in my wallet then the room they sold me. It was not worth the $192.00 total bill for one night.

Room Tip: Head to VA beach.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
SheratonNorfolk, General Manager at Sheraton Norfolk Waterside Hotel, responded to this review, March 11, 2013
When it comes to our guests, we always strive to exceed their expectations in all areas and regret that your stay was not at this level. We’re truly grateful for your thorough review and extend our sincere apologies for any inconveniences that you experienced with your accommodations. We do regret any difficulties regarding the speed of our Internet and are pleased to mention that the issue has been addressed and resolved.

While your review is appreciated, it’s disappointing that you did not find our in-room Internet to be at the best value. If we get the opportunity to welcome you back, we hope you’ll take advantage of our complimentary wireless Internet in our lobby. While we do find that our rates are comparable to other hotels in the area, our website offers great savings packages that both the business traveler or leisure guest may find beneficial. Thank you.
Austin, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2013

It is sad that Sheraton would let a hotel in a nice waterside location like this have so many problems.
The problems start in the lobby. Although they have an attractive area with several computers (they call it their "business center" but don't expect anything that is useful.) The computers here are so outrageously slow that they are almost worthless. Multiple people gave up on using them because they were so slow. And the printers worked less than half the time.
The problems continued to the room. The room had a refrigerator but it did not work at all. The room had 2 old phones - one did not work at all and the other only partially worked. The curtains would open properly so the view of the water was blocked by the curtains. The hotel has room service but there was no menu in the room to order from.
The bed was comfrtable and the pillows were great and plentiful. Towels were decent. The desk was a good size for working but there was not enough light and not enough plug sockets. There were only 2 sockets. I had to unplug the light to plug in a computer and a charger. Most hotels these days offer at least 2 sockets in addition to the ones powering the light and the tv.
The bar downstairs is good and the food you can order at the bar is good. Great she-crab soup and good burgers.

Room Tip: Insist on a waterview
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
We’d first like to apologize for any inconveniences or difficulties that you experienced with our complimentary Internet and printing services in our lobby’s Link@Sheraton. We regret that your experience did not meet the high level of service that you deserve. Please rest assured that the issue regarding the speed of our Internet has been addressed and resolved.

We truly appreciate you sharing your honest and detailed feedback regarding our accommodations. Please know that our maintenance crew is being notified. We are glad to read that you enjoyed your dining experience in our City Dock Restaurant. The next time you are in the area, we hope you’ll consider visiting with us again. Thank you.
Intercourse, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2013 via mobile

Decent hotel, no complaints. I stayed here for business, and it was acceptable. Not the most luxurious place ever, but decent with a good location and fun bar staff. A block or two away from a few malls, restaurants and a navy museum, so there was stuff to do whn stranded in a different city.

• Stayed March 2013
SheratonNorfolk, General Manager at Sheraton Norfolk Waterside Hotel, responded to this review, March 4, 2013
We are located in the heart of downtown Norfolk where shopping centers, restaurants and attractions are just steps away so we’re glad that you had the chance to explore the area! Thank you for sharing your experience with us. Whether visiting for business or leisure, we hope we get the pleasure to welcome you back to the Sheraton Norfolk Waterside Hotel.

Been to Sheraton Norfolk Waterside Hotel? Share your experiences!