“Terrific View, Location, Value & Price!” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Breakfast for 2 Included
Ranked #16 of 39 Hotels in Norfolk
USA
“Terrific View, Location, Value & Price!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2013

I found the best rates on the Sheraton website. Better prices than calling hotel directly or using the discount agencies. For added benefits, be sure to enroll in the SPG membership before booking.

The Club Level, 10th Floor Waterfront rooms were a great value. Balconies and connecting rooms were available on this floor, as well.

Lounge on same floor with balconies. Great to step outside and soak up the soothing sights, sounds, fresh air of the waterfront. Then back inside to choose from the wide variety of snacks and beverages. Breakfast selections worked well for us: eggs, bacon, home fries, pastries, yogurt and more.

Great service and value. Super comfy beds and linens. Friendly, professional team.
Special thanks to Ms. Jordan Mooring at front desk. She is truly a dedicated Sheraton
Ambassador!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
SheratonNorfolk, General Manager at Sheraton Norfolk Waterside Hotel, responded to this review, March 4, 2013
We’re very pleased to learn that you found us to be at such a great value. It seems like you truly made the most out of your stay on our Club Floor! We are delighted that you had such a wonderful experience with us at the Sheraton Norfolk Waterside Hotel and we hope we get the pleasure to welcome you back again. Thank you for your review.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (133)
Arlington, VA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2013 via mobile

I stay here frequently. My last stay was disappointing in two regards. First, breakfast at The Dock was understaffed -- twice I walked in and there was no one to serve me -- and poor. Compared to the Marriott across the street, the buffet is embarrassing to management. Second, this hotel does not provide the Wall Street Journal. Many serious business travelers need this. (I don't believe anyone actually reads USA Today, except hotel guests who get it free and have no other option -- like me, at this hotel). Both of these concerns should be addressed swiftly.

• Stayed February 2013
We highly value your suggestion regarding the Wall Street Journal and can assure you that it will be taken into consideration for the future. As a loyal guest, it’s disappointing that your recent experience with us did not meet your expectations. For any inconveniences that you encountered during your stay, we apologize. Since your experience in our restaurant does not reflect the high standards of customer service that we strive for, please rest assured that your comments are being passed along to our restaurant management. We hope we get the opportunity, especially with a return guest such as yourself, to fully impress you during a future visit. Thank you
Hampton, Virginia, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 28, 2013

I have stayed in several different hotels and this is my favorite. I have stayed here twice now and it is just as clean and well keep as the first time. The staff is great and very helpful. We love the breakfast buffet in the dinning room.. It's not cheap but worth it. The buffet has 2 types of meats,potatoes,eggs,bisquites and gravy,fruit,cerial,oatmeal,bagels,toast,pastries,and much more. They also have a cook making omlets to order with tons of fillings and they also have a cook making Belgian waffles. You won't leave hungury and there is something for everyone. We had an issue with the coke machine taking my money and not giving a coke and the front desk returned the money to me and gave me a free coke from dinning room for the inconvenience. We really enjoy are stay and the beds are so comfy. Yes this hotel is a little on the pricier side but worth every penny. You do have to walk to the parking area but its really not far and we got discounted parking for staying at hotel $5 a day not bad for Norfolk parking. You do have to pay for Internet but you can't expect everything to be included. We love this place and sure you will to.

Room Tip: We like the harbor view just because we like to watch the boats and see the water but if you don'...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
It’s always our pleasure to welcome you to our hotel. Thank you for sharing your experience, as we’re pleased that we were able to once again live up to your expectations. As a loyal guest to the Sheraton Norfolk Waterside Hotel, we’re delighted to read how much you enjoy our breakfast buffet. The level of detail that you’ve provided for our future guests is very much appreciated and we hope we can continue to welcome you back in the future. Keep in mind, complimentary high-speed wireless Internet is always available in our lobby.
Gordonsville
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013 via mobile

I booked my room here through Expedia, and apparently didn't read the fine print for this hotel well enough because upon arrival, even though I had prepaid, a $50 hold was placed on my credit card for the room. This hotel offers valet parking for $22 a night or you can park in their garage (a block away) for $20 a day. I didn't see any mention of parking fees when I booked but once we were there we had no other choice but to pay it. We parked in the garage and made the walk back to the hotel. It wasn't too bad but it was annoying to run the bags up to the room run back and park the car and then run back to the room.

Once we got through that, upon entering our room, the entire space smelled like sweat & old lady perfume. The room looked clean it just smelled horrible and the actual room did not live up to the pics I had seen on their website. Much much smaller. For $102 a night there was no continental breakfast, the walls were paper thin!!! At 3 am my hubby and I were awakened by the music in the room next door and people talking. But they weren't shouting and the music wasn't loud at all. The walls were just that thin. We could make out some of their conversation and ended up turning on our tv when things got hot and heavy over there. I would expect this of a motel, not a Sheraton property.

The elevators were scary! The first couple times we used them with no issues but after that, once they did arrived the door took forever to close, or the alarm went off and 2 different elevators shook so bad everyone in it was gripping the wall hoping it wasn't going to break down right there.

There is no express checkout or if there is I wasn't informed. When we went to check out I was told however that the price I paid on Expedia didn't cover all hotel charges and my card would be charged an additional $13 in taxes and fees. I've never had this happen with any other place and I use Expedia all the time.

It took 5 days (after checkout) for Sheraton to release the $50 hold on my card and replace it with the $13 in fees. We did not order room service or anything else.

The only nice thing about this place was the front decor and the restaurant. We ate lunch in the hotel restaurant and the drinks were spectacular! The food was good too and came in a timely manner. Great view of the harbor and have us easy access to our destination for the evening.

For the same price I could have/should have stayed at Embassy Suites and gotten much more and nicer for my $. Slightly disappointed but we didn't let it ruin our weekend. Probably wont be staying at a Sheraton again unless there is nowhere else to go. Not the worst, but barely just ok...

• Stayed February 2013
As a loyal guest to our hotel, thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us. We’re glad that our location continues to work out so well for your needs. We appreciate the feedback that you’ve provided for our future guests though we are truly saddened to learn of your experience at our pool. As a smoke-free property, this does not reflect the high standards that we’ve set and we can assure you that your review is being passed along to the appropriate departments. Thank you for addressing this concern with us and we hope you will continue to stay with us in the future, as it’s always our pleasure to welcome you to the Sheraton Norfolk Waterside Hotel.
Nashville, Tennessee
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2013

This hotel is super for downtown Norfolk activities. You can also catch the water taxi to Portsmouth from the nearby dock. My Hotwire rate was 2/3 the hotel's rate. The king size room was spacious, neat, and comfortable.
- It's about time the Sheraton Norfolk starts providing free WiFi. C'mon, really, $9.95 per day for a connection?
- The harbor view rooms are pretty cool, with a nice view of the shipyard, but be aware that vessels operating at night use their whistles to communicate. I had an early morning wake-up compliments of a tug operating near the waterside facility.

Room Tip: See my note about the harbor side rooms.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
SheratonNorfolk, General Manager at Sheraton Norfolk Waterside Hotel, responded to this review, February 26, 2013
The water taxi is a wonderful option for exploring the local sites. We greatly appreciate you pointing out this great suggestion in your review. While we’re very pleased that our convenient location worked out so well for your stay, we regret any inconveniences with our Internet. We hope you’ll take advantage of our complimentary wireless Internet, which is always available to our guests in our lobby, during a future visit. It is always our intention to provide our guests with the best possible experience and we hope we get the opportunity to welcome you back to the Sheraton Norfolk Waterside Hotel. Thank you.
VA, USA
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2013

Stayed at this hotel for 3 nights. Hot water frequently unavailable. Beds were not initially made up properly (sheets came off during the night). Service was extremely poor. Will never stay here again.

Room Tip: stay somewhere else
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
SheratonNorfolk, General Manager at Sheraton Norfolk Waterside Hotel, responded to this review, February 19, 2013
For any inconveniences that you experienced during your three-night stay with us, we truly apologize. Though, we never want our guests to leave and feel that their expectations weren’t met, we greatly appreciate the feedback that you’ve provided. We thank you for taking the time to share your review and hope you’ll someday allow us the opportunity to welcome you back again.
Bloomfield, New Jersey
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2013

I was there for a meeting and we had long days... got back to my room at 11:30 to discover that the thumping bass from the nightclub resonated up to the fifth floor with a dull throb, kind of like someone using a pneumatic drill down the block. Tried to pass out anyway, finally at 1:00 a.m. had to ask to be moved to the opposite side of the building. At least they sent someone up with a new room key .

They told me that nobody else complained... they were either very hard-of-hearing, very tired, or still at the party.

Rooms themselves were nice enough. Never ate there so I can't rate the food.

Room Tip: If you are a light sleeper, avoid the river side on a low floor. Sorry, I meant to make a note of w...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
A good night’s sleep is essential, especially after a long day, and we sincerely apologize if any noise disruptions may have impacted your time with us. Understandably, you were frustrated and we truly regret if you felt you did not receive the peaceful night’s rest you deserved. We appreciate you addressing this concern to our staff so we were able to immediately resolve the issue and provide you with the perfect accommodations. Whether visiting again for business or leisure, we hope you’ll allow us the opportunity to welcome you back. Thank you for your review.

Been to Sheraton Norfolk Waterside Hotel? Share your experiences!