“Noisy” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #13 of 39 Hotels in Norfolk
Boston, Massachusetts
“Noisy”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

This is a beautiful hotel. My room was modern, clean and comfortable. I also loved the balcony overlooking the water. However the walls and doors in the room were paper thin! I stayed at this hotel on a Friday night so I understand that guests are going to be out late, but I was woken up by every conversation in the hall.

If you are planning to stay here on a week night, or are a hard sleeper, I'd say go for it! You will probably love the otherwise gorgeous hotel. But if you value your sleep, especially on weekends you may want to consider a different option.

Room Tip: As far away from the elevator as possible
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
SheratonNorfolk, General Manager at Sheraton Norfolk Waterside Hotel, responded to this review, November 13, 2012
While we appreciate you sharing your kind description about the Sheraton Norfolk Waterside Hotel, we truly regret if any noises disturbed your rest. Understandably, you were frustrated at this time and we wish we could have had the opportunity to address this concern during your visit. We hope you'll allow us another opportunity to welcome you back to provide you with the peaceful stay you deserve. Thank you.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (160)
Bryn Mawr, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

Rooms are basic quality; top floor concierge room initially provided would be much better if it had a balcony instead of a window that faced the lovely river view but could not even be opened...not great in the way of amenities or service; especially since I identified myself as a Starwood Preferred Member at the PLATINUM LEVEL. Took several days/attempts to get moved to a quieter room, and it finally did not happen until the last night of my stay. Still, in general this is a nice hotel with very comfortable beds, great location and lovely bath amenities (the loofah bath puffs in the bathroom are an excellent added plus with nice bath gel provided as well). I would still recommend giving it a try, especially compared with other hotels in the area. Great concierge level lounge breakfast if access is provided on 10th floor.

Room Tip: Very thin walls, especially with adjoining rooms; try for one of the secluded rooms on the first flo...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Thank you for sharing your feedback regarding your recent stay at the Sheraton Norfolk Waterside Hotel. As a SPG Platinum member, we truly regret any inconveniences that you experienced with your accommodations and apologize for the length of time it took to relocate you. While it's disappointing that you weren't fully satisfied with all areas of your stay, we're glad that you enjoyed our extra amenities in our bathroom and truly appreciate your recommendation. Since more than half of our rooms and suites feature a private balcony, we hope that we get the opportunity to welcome you back to provide you with the perfect accommodations for next time. Thank you.
Pueblo, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2012 via mobile

I wasn't sure what we would find based on other reviews but I can tell you I was pleasantly surprised. When we arrived they were busy and even though we were there after 5 one of our rooms wasn't ready. The front desk clerk was very apologetic and comped our parking as well as provided us with a late checkout. The beds were Very comfortable. We had a room with a waterside view and a balcony the view was perfect. With the ferry to Portsmouth just outside the hotel and the nautilus/USS Wisconsin/harbor cruise a quick walk down from the hotel you couldn't ask for anything better. I would recommend it to my friends as well as stay here again if I happened to be in the area.

• Stayed October 2012
SheratonNorfolk, General Manager at Sheraton Norfolk Waterside Hotel, responded to this review, November 5, 2012
Being right on the Norfolk waterfront, it’s always a pleasure to hear our much our guest’s enjoy the benefits of our location. We appreciate your patience and understanding while we prepared your accommodations and we’re delighted that your stay was a comfortable one. Thank you for taking the time to share your experience and we hope you’ll visit the Sheraton Norfolk Waterside Hotel again soon!
USA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2012

We stayed here for one night on 10/13/2012 before leaving on a cruise out of Norfolk on the following day. I was a little hesitant to book because of some of the previous reviews that I read, but this hotel was great. The hotel seems like it was recently renovated. Our room was very comfortable and very quiet...Two nice comfy queen sized beds and ample room for our bags! We also had a balcony overlooking the city.

Breakfast in the morning was also very good! There was a buffet style breakfast and you could choose the full breakfast (eggs, potatoes, bacon, etc.) or just the continental style. We had the full breakfast, and everything we had was yummy!! Restaurant staff were A++, very friendly and eager to make sure you had all you needed.

Would definitely stay here again if in the Norfolf area!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
SheratonNorfolk, General Manager at Sheraton Norfolk Waterside Hotel, responded to this review, October 31, 2012
We're thrilled to have been able to exceed your expectations upon arrival and truly appreciate that you chose the Sheraton Norfolk Waterside Hotel before your cruise. Thank you for mentioning how much you enjoyed your breakfast at our City Dock Restaurant, as your kind comments will certainly be passed along to our restaurant staff. Thank you and we look forward to welcoming you back the next time you are in the area.
Smithfield, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2012

After booking this hotel via Priceline's website I was a little worried based on some of the reviews but honestly, the hotel was perfect for the price. It is in a wonderful location right on the water and steps from some of the best places to eat or drink in Norfolk.

The rooms are a bit in need of a 'face lift' but they were clean and the bed was comfortable. The parking is just a bit annoying but the parking garage is less than a block away, you walk through a building with 24 hour security and the hotel validates your parking for a massive discount. What more can you ask for when parking in a city?

This hotel is a great deal and I would without a doubt stay again.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on a higher floor. For the most part you will have a great view whether it's the...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
SheratonNorfolk, General Manager at Sheraton Norfolk Waterside Hotel, responded to this review, October 25, 2012
Thank you for choosing the Sheraton Norfolk Waterside Hotel, as we're always thrilled when we can exceed our guests' expectations upon arrival. It was our pleasure to comfortably accommodate you during your visit to Norfolk and we're glad that you were able to explore the many great dining options located just steps away. It seems like you truly made the most out of your trip with us and we look forward to welcoming you back again.
Green Brook, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2012

The hotel was clean, the bed was extremely comfortable, and the prices were better than I had expected. One of the most shining parts of my stay, was the honesty and integrity of the staff they employ. Upon my departure, I had left behind a cup that was FILLED with ALL my jewelry- 14K gold, diamonds, etc. When I returned home 9 hours later and unpacked, I had realized my mistake. I called the hotel, and much to my surprise,- I was told that the maid had turned it in to her supervisor. Who in turn, per my request, had given it to my friend who hadn't checked out yet.
BRAVO to the Sheraton, for their excellent picks on employees!!!!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
We'd first like to express how happy we are to learn that your valuable belongings were quickly and safely returned to you. We are most proud of the integrity of our staff at the Sheraton Norfolk Waterside Hotel and it truly warms our heart learning that your experience was reflective of the high standards we've set. We will be certain to pass your gratitude along to our housekeeping department and would like to thank you for taking a moment to share your experience regarding the customer service that you received.
Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2012

Great stay, comfy beds. I agree with the other reviewers; valet parking was expensive, self parking was a little inconvenient and the free WIFI was really weak. Other than that, I had a great 4 day stay, I even treated myself to the breakfast buffet and it was delicious.

Room Tip: Higher floor have better views.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
SheratonNorfolk, General Manager at Sheraton Norfolk Waterside Hotel, responded to this review, October 17, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback though we truly regret any inconveniences that you experienced with our parking. If you take a moment to visit our website, you'll find that a few of our savings packages offer complimentary valet parking. We appreciate that you've shared your concern regarding our complimentary wireless Internet and can assure you that this will be addressed to the appropriate departments. Thank you for your review and we hope we get the pleasure to welcome you back to the Sheraton Norfolk Waterside Hotel.

Been to Sheraton Norfolk Waterside Hotel? Share your experiences!