We stopped here for the night while leaving the Outer Banks to get away from Hurricane Earl, along with members of our party who were flying out the next day from Norfolk Airport. It’s not among my top Hilton experiences ever, but it was perfectly fine for one night, as other reviewers have pointed out. It feels like a standard airport Hilton, not unlike some we’ve been to in other cities, with (mostly) very friendly staff. It’s definitely worn and tired in a lot of ways, but it probably sees a ton of traffic. Our AAA rate (booked online that morning) was decent enough that we didn't feel cheated of anything.
We enjoyed a meal at Max and Erma’s and under the circumstances, it was very nice to have a full service restaurant on site. Our waitress Diandra was attentive and friendly; we spent a few minutes discussing the impending storm. Husband pronounced the ribs delicious and even the hamburger Kids’ Meal got a rating of “four smiles.”
We had a room with two full beds, which were comfortable (though we prefer queen or king) and we slept well before getting back on the road the next day. The single serve coffee maker allowed us to brew one cup of decaf and one cup of regular coffee at the same time, which was a nice plus – some nights it’s the small things you really need.
We didn’t have time to enjoy the two pools or the wi-fi service, so we can’t comment on those.
One notable exception to the otherwise friendly service came from a member of housekeeping. We had just checked in, and with a cooler full of food and drinks from our abandoned rental house, wanted to have a cold beverage - but alas, just one glass next to the ice bucket. We also needed one more towel. So we called the front desk, and the housekeeping person showed up 15 minutes later, empty handed. She argued: “well, you know, you really only get two glasses…” Fine, if that’s your policy, but we only have ONE, so can you bring ONE MORE, pretty please? She then went away for another 15 minutes, and finally came back with the glass and the towel. By then, I’d mixed a drink in one of the Styrofoam cups out of frustration since were were running late for dinner. But honestly, with your vacation cut short (or a delayed flight, or whatever reason brings you to the airport Hilton), who needs attitude on a tough night?
But that was the biggest blemish with the stay, and it was overall a decent experience.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Norfolk Airport Hotel
- Hilton Norfolk Airport Hotel Norfolk
- Hilton Hotel Norfolk Airport
- Hilton Hotel Norfolk
- Hilton Norfolk
- Norfolk Hilton
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Hilton Norfolk Airport hotel is ideal for both business and leisure guests with our proximity to ORF Airport and complimentary shuttle service. Guest enjoy amenities including complimentary WiFi access, 24 hour business center, and 24 hour fitness center. Our hotel in Norfolk has an on-site restaurant, Max & Erma's, is open for breakfast, lunch, and dinner. With guest rooms, suites, and executive rooms to choose from, you are sure to enjoy your stay at our Hilton. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Priceline, Tingo, Travelocity, Hilton Hotels, Hotels.com, Venere, Agoda, Fareportal and Otel so you can book your Hilton Norfolk Airport reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.