“Don't Stay Here” 2 of 5 stars
Review of DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Norfolk Airport

You added DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Norfolk Airport to your Saves list
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Norfolk Airport
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   1500 North Military Highway, Norfolk, VA 23502-1813 (Formerly Hilton Norfolk Airport)   |
Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
Parking Package
Ranked #13 of 39 Hotels in Norfolk
Franklin, Massachusetts
“Don't Stay Here”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

They say this place is under renovation but it was not evident. My first problem was I tried to print my boarding passes in the lobby computers. They're running Windows XP (obsolete) and didn't have the required plug ins. The leg of the ottoman in my room fell off when I moved it. THe towel rack in the shower was covered in rust. The caulking had mildew stains and had cracks and missing pieces. My room was on the Hilton Honors floor, reserved for their best customers. The restaurant, Max and Erma's has the worst food. You are forced to check out at the front desk.

• Stayed December 2014, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Orlando, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

I was there for three days on business. This is an excellent place to stay. The staff was wonderful, courteous and helpful. The rooms were clean and very comfortable. I had everything I needed. The restaurant food was great as were the servers, but the food was little pricey.

University Heights, OH
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

Stayed at this property for three nights in November, 2014. Really have no complaints about the room or amenities. Staff was gracious and helpful. Traffic noise in the hallway was loud because of a youth soccer tournament that was in town the same weekend, but it quieted down later in the evening. Really convenient to the airport and major highways. Generally, a good stay with no complaints. Nothing spectacular, but nothing bad, either.

• Stayed November 2014, traveled with family
Tampa, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

The first room I was given was not clean and the room furnishings were in poor condition. The room they moved me to had up to stand room furnishings but there was hair in several areas of the bathroom; it was a long day of travel, late and I had to be up early the next morning so I got my clorox wirpes and cleaned it myself. I went to breakfast in the restaurant, was seated at a dirty table of wich I whipped out my clorox wipes and descretely cleaned, ordered hot tea and the hot water for my tea was served in a lipstick stained mug. Being on a business trip I need to be able to work in the evenings from my room, they advertise ethernet internet access but this is not true.

New York City, New York
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

I travel for work every week for 4-5 nights and have stayed in a number of hotels in the Norfolk/Virginia Beach area. This was the absolute worse hotel experience I've ever had. I stayed here in July 2014 and had to switch between 3 different rooms all in the course of ONE night. Upon check in, I noticed there was a dead cockroach on my carpet underneath the dresser. I didn't think too much of it and kept my room. However, upon entering my room during the 3rd night, I found a live cockroach scuttering on my bedspread (picture attached). Startled and disgusted, I immediately packed my bags and went down to the front desk to change rooms. I told the lady at the hotel desk about the bug and its traversing over my bed and she replied while laughing sarcastically, "A cockroach! And you hear that (as she nudged her coworker) it's scuttling!" She offered no apology as she assigned me to a room on the 1st floor. I did a quick sweep of this new room to ensure that it was cockroach-free and then settled into bed. Right as I'm about to turn the lights off, I notice a small ant crawling onto my bed from the headboard. Then after further examination, I noticed 4 more ants crawling on my pillows. Fed up, I packed my bags once more and headed back to the front desk. The lady at the front desk assigned me then assigned me a 3rd room and while doing so, she finally apologized with the excuse that the hotel had undergone a recent renovation and the bug problem was something they could not fix. I spent the rest of my visit in the 3rd room which had no apparent instances of visible bugs crawling around. But I've never been back since as even the hotel staff acknowledged the bug problem and took no action to resolve the issue. Nor did they ever attempt to mollify the problem through a discount/refund or even points.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
DellE1992, Executive Assistant at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Norfolk Airport, responded to this review, 3 days ago
Thank you for the review of our hotel from your stay in July 2014, we apologize for the challenges you experienced during your visit. The issues mentioned in your review were quickly resolved and are not indicative of our usual high level of product and service. We take great pride in providing a clean and welcoming hotel. We appreciate all guest feedback and hope you will afford us another opportunity to provide you the product and service you deserve and expect.

Virginia Beach, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW

Nice all the way around. Entrance walls could use updating. Wall Paper peeling in the upper part of the Lobby and a not so great food quality from the Max and Ermas are the only negatives. Stayed with a pet and had no issues at all. Friendly and helpful staff. Good beds.

• Stayed December 2014, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Thank you for taking time out of your day to review our hotel. Your comments regarding the restaurant and lobby wallpaper have been shared with the Department Heads responsible for those areas. We look forward to the opportunity to be of service in the future.

Holland, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW

The hotel was below par for Double Tree. The door to my room was barely hanging on its hinges and would not shut properly. I didn't bother to change rooms though, because it seemed every room on my floor had the same issue. The cleaning staff didn't bother to clean my room the day before I checked out. I could hear every TV show my neighbors watched and every conversation they had. Lastly, the gym, which is why I chose to stay at this particular hotel in the first place, was absolutely filthy. I will not consider this hotel an option when I return to the area and I will seriously reconsider staying at any Double Tree in the future.

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay. We appreciate your feedback and we’re very sorry for the issues with your room during your stay. We will be discussing your comments in our next Quality Assurance Meeting, as we continually work to improve our guest experience. We hope you will consider staying with us again in the future.

E. Dellinger

Been to DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Norfolk Airport? Share your experiences!