“Very nice and very nice price” 4 of 5 stars
Review of DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Norfolk Airport

You added DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Norfolk Airport to your Saves list
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Norfolk Airport
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   1500 North Military Highway, Norfolk, VA 23502-1813 (Formerly Hilton Norfolk Airport)   |
Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
Parking Package
Ranked #13 of 39 Hotels in Norfolk
“Very nice and very nice price”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2014

We enjoyed our stay at the DoubleTree hotel in Norfolk Va. Rooms were clean and comfortable. For the traveler with pets great hotel. For a traveler with allergies you may want to think twice about staying and not because of the pets.. The bedding .. Down pillows and duvet. Next time I will know to ask if their bedding is non- allergenic... My allergies kicked into over drive when we tried to sleep. The tags on the pillows or duvet did not specify if nonallergenic.

Staff were very friendly and so accommodating. I was able to check in early. Anytime I passed a hotel staff they always said hello.

The indoor pool and hot tub were nice. The outside pool could use maintenance. Water level too low and filter never ran. And the hotel could brighten up the landscape outside of the indoor pool. Very drab.
The pros out weighed the con's on this stay.

Stayed August 2014, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2014

I've stayed here many times, as I'm from the area and it a very convenient hotel to the interstate, but...I've told my husband its no longer worth us burning our free Hilton Points here. The last time we stayed (August 10 2014) in had a toilet that was loose, a missing smoke detector, and a tub that wasn't properly fitted. One positive is that the pillows were wonderful and I've even ordered some for our home.

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from the hotel and preferably on a higher floor.
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
LeeS680, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Norfolk Airport, responded to this review, August 13, 2014
Thank you for letting me know of these issues! We pride ourselves on continually improving the product and the service levels at the Doubletree Norfolk. I have a brand new Chief Engineer and he is focused on a superior product. Please let me know the next time that you are in town and I will make sure that you have a room that exceeds your expectations!

Atlantic Beach, Florida
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2014 via mobile

I would like to start by saying this has nothing to do with the staff. They are all helpful and inviting. This starts with the king size room we got at 109 a night. Room is way too small, bathrooms have rust in tub, unfinished walls, too small. The elevators sound like they are going to crash on you. I can hear my neighbors, and their dogs who didn't stop barking for what seemed like hours. I am very disappointed with my experience. I will never stay at a doubletree again.

• Stayed August 2014
LeeS680, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Norfolk Airport, responded to this review, August 11, 2014
I am glad that the Staff at the Doubletree were helpful and inviting! If you would consider trying us again in the future I will ensure that you are located in a room that is away from the elevators and on our Honors floor. Please reach out to me directly the next time that you visit Norfolk.

Upper Marlboro, Maryland
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2014

Im really not one to blast anyone, I had the worst" hotel event at this hotel I've ever experienced in my life!!! July 25, 2014, my family and I checked into this hotel, came to the area for a weekend of fun at Va. Beach! My daughter saw a cock roach in the bathroom. We reported it, but the staff didnt seemed to surprised at all!, Later, we saw a even larger Cock Roach crawing on the bed bottom mattress...This is nasty!!! and should not be at a hotel chain bearing such hight standard....We immediately checked out at 2 AM, inconvienced and looking for somewhere else to stay that time of the morning! Our efforts were unsuccessful, therefore, we began the long drive back to the Maryland area...

I would Not recommend this hotel to Anyone, infact it should be closed and cleaned top to bottom!! It is old,dusty ,and very dirty!!! Upon our arrival, walking through the halls we could smell bug spray!!! a sign to me they know of this infestation problem.!!!! clean it up! as the health inspector would say or shut down.the staff needs to be trained to run the desk in a professional manner!! this hotel is not fit to house guest on any level....

Room Tip: Higher floors have less a/c
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
LeeS680, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Norfolk Airport, responded to this review, August 8, 2014
Thank you for your comments! Unfortunately Norfolk was hit by a series of flooding rains that created this situation. We have ensured that the building is free and clear. Please contact me directly the next time that you are in town and I will ensure you have a great stay!

Hamilton, Ontario
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2014 via mobile

First the good; impressive lobby, comfortable bed, great bar and exceptional bartender. Great breakfast. Now the not so good; no luggage carts available either at check-in or again in the morning. The bathroom was so small while there was a huge amount of wasted space in the room.

Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Reading, PA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2014 via mobile

Excellent amenities for price. For business travel I have spent a lot more for much less elsewhere. Easy access to surrounding areas. Room was well appointed and clean.

Front desk was excellent. Loved the warm cookie when I arrived !

• Stayed July 2014
Fontana, WI
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2014

What a pleasant surprise we received upon arriving in the lobby. This hotel is is super great conditions. Bright hallways, clean rooms, pet friendly, and attentive service. The lobby manager was engaging with people as they arrived on Saturday evening. The hotel restaurant made a meal easy after our long drive.

Thank you DoubleTree!

Stayed August 2014

Been to DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Norfolk Airport? Share your experiences!