“just ok” 3 of 5 stars
Review of DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Norfolk Airport

Save Saved
You added DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Norfolk Airport to your Saves list
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Norfolk Airport
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   1500 North Military Highway, Norfolk, VA 23502-1813 (Formerly Hilton Norfolk Airport)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Enjoy 5,000 Bonus Points
Ranked #15 of 39 hotels in Norfolk
Chester, United States
“just ok”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

This hotel is nice but nothing special. I did not like the fact that we were not told about having to pay extra for the breakfast at check in because I would have done so. We were there for a ball tournament and it rained. I wanted to cancel two of the three nights there and were told I needed to give 48 hours notice. So I did for the last night and the manager came out and told me there was a three night minimum. Not very helpful! just did not enjoy my experience there at all but the hotel was just ok.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled solo

61 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Albany, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

When walking in, the lobby is not like the other doubletree hotels. It could use some updates. The room and hallway has a 1980 feel to it. The carpets are sticky and the ceiling has many patches. The toilet was moving when flushing, the bathroom needs some work.

Herndon, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

While attending a presentation of a plaque for a captain's gig (a boat used by a naval vessel's captain to go between ship and shore) being placed on USS WISCONSIN in Norfolk, we chose to stay at the Double Tree near the airport. GREAT staff, from desk to room to dining room made the stay comfortable and easy. We even stayed an extra day!!!

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family

4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW via mobile

we stayed at this hotel for family vacation on July the 18th the rooms were a little damp.The staff was friendly and guest services was very helpful, I went to Debbie for everything and we had four rooms on the first floor and she was right on point.Thanks again.

• Stayed July 2014
LeeS680, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Norfolk Airport, responded to this review, yesterday
We appreciate your comments! I have my Engineering department checking into the damp feeling on the First floor as described. You just confirmed to me that Debbie deserves a promotion!

Kind Regards!

Odon, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

I loved coming back to this hotel after work everyday. The staff was very friendly and warm. I felt 'at home' here. The only thing I had trouble with was internet. The hotel has wifi and GOV laptops aren't allowed to use wifi. I would stay here again as long as it was a short trip due to no access to email.

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Thank you for your great comments!!! In less than two weeks we should have a bandwidth upgrade in place that should exceed expectations. Additionally, we have just received a supply of bridges for Government use! Just ask the desk the next time that you in and they will take care of you.

Look forward to your next stay!

4 of 5 stars Reviewed 6 days ago NEW

I had a horrible experience with a different hotel so I changed hotels mid stay and chose Double tree. The look of the place was welcoming. There were baggage carts right up front for me. The service was great. They welcomed me with a warm cookie. I was checked in and in my room within 5 minutes. The rooms are very clean and quaint. There is a restaurant and full bar on the main floor. Serves breakfast lunch and dinner until 11pm. Pool and fitness center are lovely. What a great place! Keep it up

Room Tip: First floor was smoking rooms. Any of the others are good! I was on the third floor. No complaints
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
LeeS680, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Norfolk Airport, responded to this review, 2 days ago
Thank you so much for staying with us! I am glad that you had a great experience! Please feel free to reach out to me directly the next time that you are in town.

Abingdon, Maryland
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

I checked into this location for one night; exhausted after driving down from Fredericksburg in a storm so I opted for room service. Room service was promptly delivered and was very good. The room was just ok. Big water issue and I gave up trying to get hot water out of the sink faucet. The shower was fine. I opted for breakfast in the am in the on premise Max and Ermas and barely enjoyed breakfast because it was so stifling hot in the restaurant. There is a refrigerator in the room and a safe. Cherie was helpful at check-in. Basically, a forgettable stay.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
Thank you for your comments!! Unfortunately we were experiencing difficulties with our Restaurant AC, that situation has now been rectified. We have checked the room that you stayed in and have repaired the hot water situation as well. Even though you have stated that your stay was forgettable, please contact me directly the next time that you are in town and I will make sure you have a rewarding experience!

Lee Severino

Been to DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Norfolk Airport? Share your experiences!