“Great One Night Stopover” 4 of 5 stars
Review of DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Norfolk Airport

Save Saved
You added DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Norfolk Airport to your Saves list
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Norfolk Airport
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   1500 North Military Highway, Norfolk, VA 23502-1813 (Formerly Hilton Norfolk Airport)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Enjoy 5,000 Bonus Points
Ranked #15 of 39 hotels in Norfolk
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Great One Night Stopover”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

Stayed here for a night before heading onto the Outer Banks. Close to a lot of essential retail (Target, Walmart, food chains, starbucks), and the airport. Customer Service was great, you get a free warm cookie upon arrival. They turned off the A/C in the main lobby which left the place feeling very hot and humid. Not what you'd expect from a Double Tree.

Rooms have been half updated. They still look old, but with a few modern upgrades. Bed were medium on firmness. Free HBO!

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business

48 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
longwood, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

Great stay at the Double Tree at norfolk Airport. The staff was very accommodating. We arrived late evening, and was happy there were no issues with the registration or hotel stay. Do wish the buffet could be warmer

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family

3 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

I enjoyed my stay at this Hotel. The food was good, the cleanliness was very good. I will stay at Double Tree again. The Location is near the airport making it very easy access to the departure gate. The Bar tender at the restaurant was very helpful with the menu and the service was good. When I arrived at the hotel I was given a ward cookie and it was very good. It was a very speedy check in and the Hotel attendant was very nice. The price for the room was very reasonable and I felt like I received a bargain for my stay. I wish I could have stayed longer, but I had an early flight. It was no problem getting to the airport. I could have taken a shuttle, but I had to return a rental car. The Convenience, the quality of service, the hospitality, the Food and the location make this Double Tree an excellent choice for a very comfortable stay.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family

Houston, Texas, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

The title says it all. I should have changed rooms, but I'm too nice a guy and would have embarrassed the staff if all the rooms smelled like that. The restaurant was below average, but the staff was friendly.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

DellE1992, Executive Assistant at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Norfolk Airport, responded to this review, 4 days ago
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us. As we are a smoke free hotel it is disappointing to hear that your room smelled of smoke. Your comments have been shared with our Director of Housekeeping who will have the room deep cleaned to eliminate any traces of the smoke smell. Again thank you for your feed back and we hope to have you as a guest in the future.

E. Dellinger
Norfolk, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

When you have soiled sheets, don't expect the maid to see the soiled sheets even if you leave them exposed. Recommend you remove the sheets from the bed so as to force the maid to remake the bed with clean linen.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business

Providence Forge, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

When I wrote that we had stayed at the Double Tree last weekend, I gave a report on our stay. 1 bathroom door would not stay closed. 2 basin hot/cold mixed--easy to get burned 3vent in bathroom full of dust--no wonder there was no exhaust fan. 4 noisy--children running halls AM/PM

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

DellE1992, Executive Office at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Norfolk Airport, responded to this review, 1 week ago
Thank you for taking the time to review your stay, all guest feedback is appreciated as it assists us in making improvements to our product and services. Our goal is to provide each guest an outstanding experience and I apologize that we failed to meet this objective. Should you find yourself traveling to our area in the future we hope you will afford us another opportunity to be of service.

E. Dellinger
Madison Heights, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

The stay at this hotel was a good experience overall. My family and I stayed here on vacation. I understand that this hotel was recently remodeled...I was a bit disappointed. The lobby is gorgeous and inviting, the rooms were clean and the bed very comfortable. The warm chocolate chip cookie was great! We had an issue with the first room we were given. We had a block of rooms reserved on the 1 st floor and there was mold growing on a space in the ceiling in my room. The front desk was very nice and reassigned me another room on the 4th floor. This room was much better well lighted and slightly bigger and no mold. I wish they would have blocked all our rooms on the upper floors. The kids loved the indoor pool and hot tub and having a bar on the premises was nice. I will probably stay here again but it will not be my first choice. I think their sister hotel Hampton inn and suites was a much nicer hotel.

Room Tip: Ask for a room that has good lighting typically on the front-end of the hotel. Don't book a room...