“Nice and quiet stay by the airport...” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #20 of 40 Hotels in Norfolk
Kingman, Arizona
“Nice and quiet stay by the airport...”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2009

We chose this location because I prefer Choice Hotels and wanted to be near the airport. We flew in from California and would be landing around 10PM.

We were able to find the place quickly, checked in immediately, and got the room we reserved.

Very nice accomodations, a little pricey for near the airport, but worth it. We are staying here again the night before our flight back.

The sign at the check in counter indicated it was $6 for the breakfast, but when I walked in the break room the next morning that wasn't the case (the 'standard' above-standard continental breakfast was available), maybe the sign was referring to the restaurant over on the Quality Suites side...I didn't ask.

Check our was simple and efficient, a very nice and quiet stay.

• Stayed April 2009, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Manteo, North Carolina
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2009

Had stayed at this location before when I had an early flight. On this particular stay the guests in the next room ( whith an adjoining door ) kept their tv on all night . Also their room was a smoking room, mine non-smoking however the smoke traleled into my room through the connecting door. Not a smart setup. The front desk was very quick to try to silence the tv but had to resort to pounding on the door a number of times, which did not alow us to sleep also. When we checked out in the morning I mentioned that we had stayed so we would be fresh for our flight, to no avail , and no one offered any compensation. We had stayed there before because we could leave our car but they now charge as much as the airport. There are nicer hotels in the area for same price with free parking.

• Stayed October 2008, traveled as a couple
cleveland, Ohio
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2008

I went to Sleep Inn at Lake Wright for my Dads Navy reunion.

On the third morning, I woke to bed bugs in my bed.

Housekeeping changed my rooms, but when I went to check out, there was no adjust to my bill. I went to the front desk, I was told only one night could be taken off my bill.

I asked to speak to the General Manager, but it was Saturday, so she was not there.

On Monday, I called her ( she was to call me). I was told that I did not appear to be very upset so there was nothing she would do.

I asked for the days that I slept with the bugs be removed from my bill and she refused. Finally she at least took off a night from my parents bill.

Will NEVER stay there again.

Stayed September 2008
Manassas, VA
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2008

The room was ok, a bit drab; too much brown. The bed was comfortable and the locks secure so in that manner, everything was good. I was however, quite disturbed to see that this hotel has its own on-site police!! I was curious as to why an officer was sitting in the lobby our first night there but I thought he was just stopping through. However, when I woke up the next morning and went out to walk my dogs, there was another one sitting in the same place. Outside sat an SUV with Sleep Inn Quality Inn Lake Wright Police written on it. Now, I have to wonder what has gone on at that hotel that it is necessary to have a officer permanently on-site!!

• Stayed August 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Fredericksburg, VA
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2008

I stayed in Norfolk for a business trip and was up all night because I could hear everything that was going on around me because the walls were so thin. I was looking forward to the continental breakfast, but unfortunately I went to go get some cereal and poured the milk and the milk was sour! These are my only 2 complaints, but when you need a good night's sleep and a nice breakfast for a long meeting ahead of you, these 2 things are pretty bad!
Also, the hotel room was small, but I wasn't too surprised about this.

• Stayed February 2008, traveled on business
Swansboro
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2008

We wanted a quick getaway to Virginia Beach and didn't want to board the dogs. This hotel is dog friendly and close to everything you could want to do in the Virginia Beach/Norfolk area. Unlike some pet friendly hotels, you don't get stuck in a sub-standard room that smells of cigarette smoke on the bottom floor next to the ice machine and the pool. The room was very basic Sleep Inn (no bathtub, microwave or fridge) but is was clean and comfortable. Lobby has a nice little lounge area and a hot breakfast is available for $5.00. There is on site security and lots of room outside for the dogs to run. Good value!

• Liked — Pet friendly
  • Disliked — Internet connection didn't work very well
  • Stayed February 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 2 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Bergen County, NJ
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2007

If you're looking for a low-priced stay in Norfolk, conveniently located and good clean hotel, this is the place. Close to highways, a few minutes from the airport, good clean rooms. On the same premises with the Quality Suites ($20 more), so there is a small bar and restaurant on site. We're not talking gourmet here, just a decent convenient place to eat if you get in late or have somewhere else to run off to. Otherwise, you have to drive a bit for a regular, not fast food restaurant. Everything was clean, though not necessarily new. Beds looked lumpy but didn't feel that way. Hotel entryways are pretty secure. Breakfast was typical wheat-fest so I bring my own gluten-free food. Otherwise for $5, you can have a hot cooked breakfast at the Quality Suites. Everything went well except that I asked for a second floor room and wound up on the first floor.

• Liked — cleanliness and location
  • Disliked — pets allowed
  • Stayed November 2007, traveled solo
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Also consider these accommodations in or near Norfolk
Northwest Virginia Beach
Red Roof Inn Virginia Beach - Norfolk Airport
Red Roof Inn Virginia Beach - No...
#38 of 114 in Virginia Beach
4.0 of 5 stars 210 reviews

Been to Sleep Inn Lake Wright? Share your experiences!