“Depends on what your are looking for” 3 of 5 stars

Hotel deals
Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #19 of 39 Hotels in Norfolk
“Depends on what your are looking for”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2014

If you want a decent location , with a place just to crash. This is great. HOWEVER , if you are looking for a comfortable quiet nights sleep, This Ain't it!! Very noisy corridors. I actually asked the attendant, is this going to noisy. Her answer, as disengaging, as most staff- you never know, its a full house tonight; depends on the type of guest" The most uncomfortable bed ever-it actually had plywood between mattress and box spring. AC was noisy and temperamental. If u let staff know, they will tell you just use controls on wall. Duh, if I hadn't tried everything, I wouldn't have called the desk. My shower door wouldn't close. So that created a nice slip n slide effect after showering.
On a positive note, breakfast was decent except for the sausage, which was obviously steamed to death. The attendant over the 4th weekend was a delight and only thing that keep this from being my worse review ever.
Provided I never have to make another last minute holiday weekend reservation in Hampton Roads, I'll never stay again, and advise you to think twice if you want peace and comfort.

Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
Randy C, General Manager at Sleep Inn Lake Wright, responded to this review, July 8, 2014
We appreciate your comments and do take them to heart. I apologize that your weekend with us was not as you had wished. It was hot and being the 4th very, very busy. That shouldn't make a difference but it really does and it puts a strain on the staff and our guests just having 400-500 people in the building. Again my apologies and I do hope you consider giving us another try should you return to Norfolk.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Sofia, Bulgaria
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2014

This property shares the pool and great breakfast facilities with the Quality Suites next door. The room was simple, clean, a bit tired around the edges but perfectly adequate for one night. The breakfast on the other hand was fantastic for a hotel with the star status it has. There were lots of extra things on the menu, that you don't normally see at such hotels. This was my first experience at a Sleep Inn and if they are all like this, I would be happy to stay at more of them.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
Randy C, General Manager at Sleep Inn Lake Wright, responded to this review, July 7, 2014
Thank you for your comments, we are glad to serve you. We look forward to seeing you again.
Sterling, VA
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 25, 2014

My wife and I are middle aged and spent the Memorial Day holiday weekend with our friends (an elderly couple). We decided to try Sleep Inn because most of the hotels on the beach were full. We rented two rooms on the first floor. Our friend had to spend the night in the hospital after having chest pains on the first day there. The next day when he was released, we put a sign up on his room door that said "happy birthday" because it was his wife's birthday. We were not back more than 10 minutes when we received a knock on the door. It was the manager, Anna Lisa, and the security guard. She immediately told me that we were "being evicted for having a party". I was in shock. I never know that a small sign on the door constituted a "party". She said that since she had to evict another party on a different floor, she had to evicted us! Wow, evicting an elderly couple who just returned from an overnight stay in the hospital for a "happy birthday" sign? I tried to explain that we four adults (two couples) were the only ones in the room, but she insisted that after consulting with the hotel owner, Randy Carlisle, they insisted that our "unauthorized party" mean the criteria for being evicted. I pleaded with her for a number of minutes that we would happily take down the sign and throw the cake away. She finally told us to remove the sign and no more "parties".

I have never been mistreated by a hotel manager in my life. I felt bullied and harassed. I am retired military and have stayed in literally hundreds of hotels all over the world and never came close to being evicted! This was shameful behavior on behalf of the hotel management. The security guard watched my wife put up the small sign on the door an hour earlier and said nothing. With that said, I think we will never stay at another Choice Hotel property again. This will get channeled up to their corporate office.

Furthermore, the swimming pool never had towels available. Our housekeeper only made the bed and did not replenish soap and shampoo. The hotels is one big property. Half of the property is a Sleep Inn and the other half is a Quality Suites. They share the same swimming pool and the breakfast buffet. On both of the nights we were there, there were loud parties with alcohol in the swimming area (until after the posted closing of 10pm). This made using this facility undesirable for us. On a good note, the breakfast buffet was ok.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends
Kresgeville
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2014

This hotel is located in a very accessible area. The surrounding grounds are a well kept golf course so the outside is very quiet. The hotel shares a lobby with the Quality Inn, which I have also stayed at. I chose the Sleep Inn this time because they allow pets. The staff was very accommodating, changing rooms for me twice. They allowed me to borrow their wheel chair to take my mom to the boardwalk. The room includes free breakfast. Sleep Inn's are generally a lower cost hotel so the room reflects this, it is not a Marriott but it was comfortable. I usually stay at one of these hotels every time I come to this area for work.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
Randy C, General Manager at Sleep Inn Lake Wright, responded to this review, May 28, 2014
Thank you for your comments, we always strive to make our guests' stay a memorial one.
Marietta
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2014

This hotel keeps the rooms updated, and fresh.

People are great, as are the amenities.

They have done away with the Continental breakfast of most Sleep Inns, and replaced it with a full hot buffet breakfast.

In addition, there is a restaurant and bar on premises.

Well worth the visit if you are in the Virginia Beach area.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
Thank you for your comments, we hope we can serve you again.
Raleigh, North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2014

Have stayed here several times with mixed results, but the past two times have been better. Desk staff is nice, and acknowledged my Elite Diamond status with Choice Hotels. Now has flat-screen TV's. WiFi is fast enough for NetFlix. Quiet and clean. Great hot breakfast buffet, not the typical Choice Hotels powdered eggs and watery OJ.

Great rate for AARP folks.

Room Tip: Second floor was a bit noisy between 7 and 9 PM. Otherwise OK. First floor rooms would probably be...
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Randy C, General Manager at Sleep Inn Lake Wright, responded to this review, February 19, 2014
Thank you taking the time to comment on your visit. We are glad you enjoyed your stay and especially our breakfast. Our Sleep Inn is one of the few to offer a full hot breakfast and we are glad to offer it to our guest. Thanks again and we hope to see you soon.
Stamford
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2014 via mobile

I stayed at the sleep in for one night a I must say for the short time I was there it was nice. The room was clean has a 24 hour shop for the midnight snacks, a restaurant with good food at a nice price, in all very nice place will go back when it's warmer

Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Randy C, General Manager at Sleep Inn Lake Wright, responded to this review, January 8, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to comment on your stay with us. We appreciate your visit and your comments. We are glad you found everything to your liking. Our goal is to serve our guest not only with a quality product but with caring staff. I am glad you found both. We look forward to you visiting again.

Been to Sleep Inn Lake Wright? Share your experiences!