“relax” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #17 of 39 Hotels in Norfolk
Norfolk, Virginia
“relax”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2013

This hotel is ok.they could spray more for bugs!!! Shantane is a hotel clerk that works their & her customer service skills are superior to any I have experienced!!! They have more channels than the hotel next to them :) also you can bring pets,that's a good thing.the managers will help no matter what the complaint or problem is they will try to make it right,I like that.they remodeled & the place looks a lot livelier & more colorful.I have been frequenting this hotel for about a year.oh yes the prices are not bad,except when they raise them :( it's pretty quiet around here.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
Vishal P, Manager at Econo Lodge Near Norfolk State University, responded to this review, September 24, 2013

Vishal

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 14, 2013 via mobile

When I walked in office, I thought did I came to right place since it was design as a beach theme. Immediately I thought this place has newly renovated. I got in room and everything was new inside. Especially everything was nice and clean. Bathroom was clean, beds were comfortable too. Staff were nice as well especially Manager name Vick. Price is economical too. I would highly recommend this place for future guest coming to this Econo Lodge. I'm defenetly coming back when I come area.

• Stayed August 2013
Vishal P, Manager at Econo Lodge Near Norfolk State University, responded to this review, September 16, 2013

Norfolk, Virginia, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2013

over the years I have been a regular costumer at the Econo Lodge on Military hwy, I always find the rooms to be very clean and the service to be awesome. I always enjoy the breakfast and coffee and appreciate the staffs personal touch as far as remembering the guest and catering to there needs I will be back and have enjoyed my every stay

• Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
Vishal P, Manager at Econo Lodge Near Norfolk State University, responded to this review, September 10, 2013

Hackensack, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2013

I enjoyed my stay as well as the price we paid. My husband and I were looking for a nice place to stay while we enroll our daughter in to college. We could have stayed closer to the school... however we wanted to be in a central location such as jumping on the highway to her school, the mall, the navel base... as well as the oceanfront.
The staff was friendly and helpful.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Vishal P, Manager at Econo Lodge Near Norfolk State University, responded to this review, September 7, 2013
Thanks you very much for your review.

Hampton
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2013

I have read many negative reviews about this particular property , however, after spending a night there it was not like I expected. The staff and service was excellent, the desk clerk was very knowledgable about the area and the hotel. Housekeeping was excellent. I found the room furniture and bedding to be in good taste, and the bathrooms and tub clean . There were no people hanging around even though some of the reviews I have read say that there are savory people hanging around. Over all my stay was excellent and I find that sometime people write negative things about hotels because they have had a negative experience somewhere else. Choice Hotels is world reknown, however, they always never advertise about the Econo Lodge Brand so to find a good Econo Lodge we should not write bad things about them as they are already paying too much for the Choice supposed to be advertising.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Thanks you very much for your review.

Bangkok, Thailand
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2013 via mobile

Wanted to like this place based on the good review but really can't.
- Pull up the blanket and found really dirty bed cover. Turned out, I pull up too many layers. The bed consist of dirty mite cover, really old blanket, and really thin bed sheet. That's what you sleep on. The top layers consist of another thin (see through) sheet and old comforter. That's what you put over you at night. It neither felt clean nor comfortable.
- Bath amenities consisted of a mini soap and partially used mini shampoo. Yes, used. Two bath towels provided weren't much better. One had dark spots in the middle, the other had red stains around the edge.
- Remodeled room that still looks old. New coat of paint can't cover up the old smelly room. Expensive Herman Miller chair in room, why? Fridge and microwave so dirty on outside you wouldn't want to touch it.
- Breakfast litterally consist of white bread, mini muffins, and coffee. Walked in then walked out in seconds. The picture is definitely not accurate not even close.
- Fee!!! Fridge and microwave fee. Didn't ask for them but I can take that. Then there's an unpublished HOTEL FEE added. Get real.
This place does not even worth an Econo Lodge name.

• Stayed August 2013
thanks a lot for review and you most welcome for your next stay at our hotel and we will try to make your stay than your last stay.

Hershey, Pennsylvania
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2013

Econo Lodge Near Norfolk State University Norfolk Airport (ORF)
865 North Military Highway, Norfolk, VA 23502
757-461-4865
It took me a while to gather my thoughts so I could submit this I felt so ripped off when I arrived at my destination. The location was unsafe, and filthy. There where drug dealers walking around the premises of the building as well as drug users. The place was very very dirty the smell of urine reeked as soon as I stepped out of my vehicle. I contacted Customer Service and explained what I found and stated that it was just unsafe for me to stay there and they basically told me we are so sorry but to bad there is nothing we can do. The attended laughed and stated “Didn’t you know where you were staying.” When I requested a refund because of the conditions. I feel that Priceline.com did not have an ounce of appreciation for its customers when I encountered this. I did not expect to be treated like this or have my life placed in harm’s way. I asked if they would be willing to put me in another hotel and was told no. The pictures online seemed to be enhanced because they are nothing compared to what this place really is. This location should not be on the website as a choice for customers to choose from its just unsafe. I will not recommended Priceline to anyone I know in the future. Being in the Military word of mouth goes far when you inform your soldiers of good places online to get deals. I know no one from Priceline will contact me about this as they hold no regard on good customer Service.

Stayed July 2013, traveled on business

Vishal

Been to Econo Lodge Near Norfolk State University? Share your experiences!