“Exactly what I expected...” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Military Family Rate
Ranked #9 of 39 Hotels in Norfolk
Central, NJ
“Exactly what I expected...”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2009

I stayed at the Hampton Inn in Norfolk for two days, I chose this hotel because I know the Hampton Inn brand, and always know what I am going to get.

Other then the TV that bearly worked (I saw a note on the day of my departure, that stated new 32" plasma tv's were coming the following day), everything was fine.

The breakfast was hot, hotel staff were pleasant. Exactly what I have come to expect .... no matter which Hampton Inn. If I had one wish....the Hampton Inn's would offer ceramic coffee mugs...those little plastic cups seem like a waste, and not envoronmentally friendly.

And, I did end up skipping my morning workout....the treadmill was older and not in tip-top condition.

Overall, if I were coming back to Norfolk, VA...I would stay at the Hampton Inn again.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
St. Petersburg, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2009

This hotel has been the best Hilton stay I have ever had! It is close to the base and Interstate, and in a safe part of town. If you are coming to visit you family in the Navy or Marines, this is the place to stay!

Stayed October 2009, traveled with family
Washington DC, District of Columbia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2009

Arrived at the Hampton Inn last night for a one night work stay. The front desk attendant seemed a little distracted and I'm still not sure that he wasn't the only person working that evening. Got my room and it was okay. View was of the containers and the Hardee's. My colleague had bigger problems as the clerk kept giving him keys to rooms that were occupied.

My biggest gripe was the layout of the bathroom. The towels didn't hang and I found them under the sink. I'm sure it was to save space, but a pain when you're getting out of the shower. I also noticed that the desk and the chair were totally different heights. So be aware that if you're planning to do work here, you'll want to put the laptop on your lap, otherwise you'll feel like a puppeteer. And the business center is essentially out in the open right across from the front desk, which I found odd.

I like Hampton Inns. A lot. Just not this one. If you have business at the Naval Base, then this might be okay. If not, keep on looking. I know I'm going to.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled on business
Raleigh, NC
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2009

I arrived at the hotel around 10:30 PM. From the outside it doesn't look grand but the lobby was clean and inviting. The desk attendant was very friendly and accommodating.

The room was great! Very clean and homey. Even the smallest details like the air vents and the grout in the shower were spotless! The room was comfortable with a nice AC unit.

The only very small negatives I have with this property were that there weren't too many actual sit down restaurants close by and that there were very few channels on the tv.

Fantastic property overall.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled on business
District of Columbia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2009

Internet was pretty slow and handicapped parking is too far from the elevators.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled with family
Baltimore, Maryland
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2009

If you are looking for friendly service, stay here. The staff were nice and somewhat knowledgeable about the area. All things considered, I would not stay here again. The complimentary breakfast was lack luster to inedible. The room cleanliness was sub par. In addition, they only had one computer in their business center. We only paid $30 a night, so like I said "it is what it is". Hampton Inn is owned by the Hilton corp and we did expect better.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled as a couple
Alabama
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2009

We try to stay at a Hampton Inn when we travel and have never been disappointed . Each one has its own flavor overtone which complements Hampton's service foundation. Hampton Inn Norfolk Naval Base is another star within the Hampton family.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled as a couple

Been to Hampton Inn Norfolk Naval Base? Share your experiences!