“Older Hotel, Good location to the Navy Base.” 4 of 5 stars

Hotel deals
Special Offer
Military Family Rate
Ranked #9 of 39 Hotels in Norfolk
“Older Hotel, Good location to the Navy Base.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2011

Good Staff, Hotel is older but well maintained, pool and hot tub. Walking distance to several fast food restaurants and a ruby tuesday. Location is a plus if you are doing business in the Norfolk Naval Base.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2011 via mobile

After a stay from HELL at another hotel...I checked in after telling the clerk of my nightmare she matched the rate I was paying with approval from her manager of course...My room was very clean..breakfast was great every morning. I felt like they went out of there way to make my extended stay as close to home as possible.

• Stayed August 2011
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2011 via mobile

Woke up and went downstairs for breakfast- noticed a familiar looking car go past the window on a tow truck- it was mine!! Front desk said my car alarm was going off all night bothering people. They didn't know whose car it was and tried a few rooms to try to find out whose it was but gave up.

I'm not unreasonable and I understand why they would have it towed- if they hadn't taken my car info when I checked in! They even needed my license plate number! Why do they take this info if I am going to find out about an issue with my car by seeing it riding off on a tow truck. Morons.

• Stayed September 2010
Lodi, New Jersey
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2011

We stayed at this hotel and we were not impressed. The staff were the only plus that we could see...They are very friendly and helpful which was nice. I got a little scared when I saw a sign on the front door that said you had to be buzzed in after 10pm which was for the hotel guests safety..The room was not as clean as I am used to from a Hampton Inn. The rug looked very worn and the bathroom toliet kept running all night.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
Richmond, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2011

This Hampton Inn was friendly clean and lived up to its wonderful name. The room was very clean also the bed was very comfortable. Unlike other hotels that have few stations to watch we was well entertained the entire night by movies on the stations they provided . Rooms was a nice size with a sitting chair with foot rest also a desk for free internet which works great. This is enough space for a total of 4. They also provide you with lots of personal items and towels. If your looking for a great place thats pieceful,clean this is the place. They also provide you with a free hot breakfast yummy.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with friends
Gaithersburg, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2011

This hotel was amazing in so many ways. After cancelling my reservation in Hampton (due to bed bugs-ugh!), I ended up in Norfolk at this hotel. My colleagues and I were pleasantly surprised. The hotel staff was extremely friendly and accomodating. Everyone said hello, from the front desk staff to housekeeping. Our rooms were extremely clean and comfortable. There were so many freebies including breakfast, water bottles, a newspaper, and a take away breakfast if you didn't have time.

There were only two things I would've changed. The gym equipment is pretty old and there were only three machines (one elliptical, one treadmill, and one bike), but it was sufficient. Also, there is a train and naval base nearby. The train was loud, but I never heard it after midnight. Sometimes the planes flying by woke me up. But honestly, these were minor things compared to how great this place was. I definitely recommend this hotel!

• Stayed March 2011, traveled on business
Baltimore, Maryland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 11, 2011

I am always a little leary about hotels before I book, ESPECIALLY if they are under 4-stars. However- this hotel had gotten such good reviews and the pictures on the site were tempting so I booked for the Labor Day weekend and used my govt ID- knocked my rate down to $80/night. (Much better than any of the other hotels near/on VA Beach as that was why I booked this trip.)

Instead of a long write-up, I'll just give you reasons why I would definitely stay at this hotel again:

Pluses
- IMMACULATELY CLEAN
- Front Desk let me early check-in at 10 AM! Check-in is normally at 2 or 3 PM.
- Complimentary breakfast wad pretty darn good.
- Room was beautifully appointed.
- Parking was free.
- On a main road surrounded by plenty of fast food places, restaurants, convenience stores, etc.
- Only about 20 mins drive to VA Beach oceanfront.
- Quiet and peaceful hotel.

Minus
- The area is a bit industrial (but you're by a naval base-so what do you really expect?)
- No view

All in all, I had a pleasant stay. The front desk staff were the BEST!!! Very pleasant and accomodating (early check-in without a hassle always makes or breaks a hotel for me!) I would definitely stay here again if visiting VA Beach rather than paying triple for a beachfront hotel. My room here actually rivaled that of the Marriott Marquis in Atlanta and that place is 4.5 stars! :-)

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple

Been to Hampton Inn Norfolk Naval Base? Share your experiences!