“I know why they charged $57.” 1 of 5 stars

Norfolk - Days Inn Military Circle
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   5701 Chambers Street, Norfolk, VA 23502   |
Ranked #30 of 39 hotels in Norfolk

134 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Etters
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2013

My overall experience at this property has been above average. The service and provided amenities are also above average with an excellent selection of television programming. The rooms are a both funtional and comfortable with excellent refirgerators, micorwaves, air conditioning, and internet connection but are also a little aged and could use some updating. I have stayed at this property several times and would recommend it as a value to the budget conscious business traveller.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Days Inn

Haydenville, OH
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2013

I reserved a total of three rooms a month in advance. When making the reservation on the special comments window I wrote that we would be arriving after the reservation time since we were driving from Ohio with our kids the youngest being a week old. The day before our arrival I called the office to confirm my reservation and to make sure that the rooms would all be next to each other. First the phone rang off the hook when finally someone answered it. The young lady on the phone seemed annoyed at my requests and stated that would make sure that we have our rooms next to each other after I explained that we wanted our teenage boys close to us.
The day of our trip we got stuck in traffic so I called the hotel at 3pm reminding them that we were going to be late and also that we were stuck in traffic. The lady on the phone was rude and seemed annoyed that we had called. As I state my name and also ask her about the rooms being next to each other she tells me that they cancelled my reservations. When questioned the person could not give me a straight answer and even more rude when questioned. I told her that we were on our way there and needed our rooms so she said she would have three rooms for us.
When we arrived we could see that it was not the place for us, there were two hookers who walked out of the building while my kids were waiting on us to finish with the reservation. When we talked to the young lady she was rude and when we continued questioning what happened to our reservation she didn't have an answer other then telling us that they could not give us the days we requested which were June 14-16. When I stated that we really needed the rooms for those dates she told us that we needed to check out on Saturday and that maybe there might be available rooms but at the current time they don't. Reluctantly we took the three rooms they had after we paid for the rooms the young lady tells us the room numbers. My room was on the second floor 218, my three teenage boys (ages 12-15) were placed on the third floor 328 and my son with his wife were placed on the fourth floor 417 on the opposite side of the building. When we walked into all the rooms they looked nasty, the curtains and sheets had holes, the door chain was broken, the shower head cover fell off as I was taking a shower, my son's microwave wasn't working, the alarm in one of the rooms wasn't working and neither was the phone. The entire night my kids were scared because random people were carrying on conversations right in front of their room. Not to mention that every move we made the people sitting in the hallways or staying in near by rooms were eyeing every move we made.
The breakfast was nasty. While checking out we noticed that housekeeping were standing around watching us and waiting for us to leave. The pictures on the website must be photo shopped because this hotel looks nothing like the pictures on the website.
Luckily enough we were able to find another hotel which accommodated our needs and were very polite. I'm hoping to get a refund from corporate because this place was not worth the money I spent.
DON'T WASTE your Time or Money on this place.

Room Tip: Nasty and unclean rooms. I rather sleep in my car than stay at this hotel.