“disappointed” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Super 8 Norfolk Chesapeake Bay

You added Super 8 Norfolk Chesapeake Bay to your Saves list
Super 8 Norfolk Chesapeake Bay
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   1010 West Ocean View Avenue, Norfolk, VA 23503 (Formerly Quality Inn Bayview/Naval Base)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Plan Ahead and Save 15%
Ranked #23 of 39 Hotels in Norfolk
Virginia Beach, Virginia
“disappointed”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

the room was clean but after midnite the bugs came out flying insects covered the bathroom floor. Had to change rooms the second room was great but could not enjoy it ...

• Stayed March 2015, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Super 8

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Norfolk, Virginia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2015

My room was great for the price. It was in the 20's outside and my room never got warm & I had the thermostat on 90. I advised the Manager on Duty about the problem. He took no action to accommodate me or my bill.

• Stayed February 2015, traveled solo

A TripAdvisor Member
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2015

The property was filthy inside and out. Trash and broken fixtures are everywhere. Rusted and broken lawn furniture is just thrown under the stairs. The room looked ok until you went into bathroom and found pubic hairs and stained up and/or dirty tub. Didn't want to try to figure it out. I was exhausted or I would have gone right back to lobby and got my money and left. Put all the extra towels down on bathroom floor and inside shower to just take a shower. Thank God I travel with disinfectant. At breakfast you are told you take anything out of the lobby with you, not even a banana or cup of coffee. Did it anyways. Told front desk about the filth in room and the response I got was "OK", Room smelled musty and was dusty. NEVER AGAIN!!!!

• Stayed January 2015, traveled on business

Winchester, Tennessee
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 1, 2014

Very dirty on the outside. Carpet was wet from water draining out of air conditioner. I had to clean my bathroom the soap from the last person was still there. Roaches. Dirty sheets.

• Stayed November 2014, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Super 8

PatelRick, Manager at Super 8 Norfolk Chesapeake Bay, responded to this review, January 22, 2015
Let me thank you for taking the time to address this matter to our hotel as every comment, good or bad is important. As hospitality professionals we try our best to resolve concerns and offer the best service possible. Having said, that I would like to extend a sincerely apology for your stay and the events described in your review. All of our rooms are thoroughly cleaned and deodorized between guests but in this case it would appear that we may not have achieved success. If you would like to call the hotel and speak to me directly I would like to further learn from your experience and invite you to visit us later this season and offer us a chance to redeem ourselves in your mind.

Been to Super 8 Norfolk Chesapeake Bay? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Super 8 Norfolk Chesapeake Bay

Address: 1010 West Ocean View Avenue, Norfolk, VA 23503 (Formerly Quality Inn Bayview/Naval Base)
Location: United States > Virginia > Norfolk
#2 On the Beach Hotel in Norfolk
Hotel Class:2 star — Super 8 Norfolk Chesapeake Bay 2*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Cheap Tickets, Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Priceline, Orbitz, Hotels.com, EasyToBook, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Super 8 Norfolk Chesapeake Bay reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Super 8 Norfolk Chesapeake
Super Eight Norfolk

If you own or manage Super 8 Norfolk Chesapeake Bay, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.