“Nice Place” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Super 8 Norfolk Chesapeake Bay

You added Super 8 Norfolk Chesapeake Bay to your Saves list
Super 8 Norfolk Chesapeake Bay
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   1010 West Ocean View Avenue, Norfolk, VA 23503 (Formerly Quality Inn Bayview/Naval Base)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Stay 2+ Nights, Save 25%
Ranked #30 of 39 Hotels in Norfolk

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Newport News, Virginia, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2013

I give this hotel a highly favorable review mainly for being just what I expected. A decent room at a fair price and located in a nice area. Check in was easy and fast. Had my room key in less than 5 min. The gentleman at the counter was pleasant. Checked out my room and was pleased with what I saw. From other reviews I read I thought I would see a disaster but all I see is a nice comfy king size bed with oh so soft fluffy pillows. Floor, bathroom, fridge, microwave are all clean. Nothing ratty or broken. My room has a regular TV. Not the flat screens everyone is so used to now these days. I don't care what kind of TV it is, every channel is clear and reception just fine. The beach is just a few steps away. It's right behind the hotel, so that's a big plus. I love the view as well. You can see the lights of the Hampton Roads Bridge Tunnel. I will definitely return to this hotel again someday. Quiet and pleasant. I picked the right time to stay.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
PatelRick, Manager at Super 8 Norfolk Chesapeake Bay, responded to this review, November 2, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to complete our Guest Survey regarding your recent stay at our hotel. Please know that your feedback is extremely valuable to us and we will utilize your response by continuing to focus on improvement and making guest experience the best it can be. We hope to be of service to you in the future. Again, thank you for your comments and if I can be of assistance to you, don't hesitate to contact us.
Allison Park, Pennsylvania
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2013 via mobile

I read the reviews after we booked the rooms, wasn't quite sure about the place, but when we arrived, we were pleasantly surprised. Yes the outside needs some tlc, but it was not bad. The rooms were comfortable and clean and the ac was working just fine. Some work needs to be done on the outside the hotel and I'm sure some of the rooms do to, but for the 3 of us it was a great week. If we ever go back, would like to stay again at the hotel. We stayed the week of August 16 - 23, 2013. Thanks to a great staff as well!

Stayed August 2013
Thank you for let us accommodate you and your family on your vacation and taking the time to put a review for the hotel, hope to see you again in the near future when you are in the area.
Delray Beach, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2013

we thought due to the location it would be nice. we had been driving all around looking for a hotel in a decent area. as we got closer the area began to change. when we arrived checked in and then opened the door and were mortified. being 2am and not from the area we stayed till the sun came up and got out at first light. complained to front desk asked to speak with manager she said he would call me he never did. never took a minute to offer any discount as the room was not cheap. so when they take time to respond to this like it seems like they care.... they don't or they would have called

Room Tip: stay away from this place
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
PatelRick, Manager at Super 8 Norfolk Chesapeake Bay, responded to this review, September 17, 2013
Let me thank you for taking the time to address this matter to our hotel as every comment, good or bad is important. As hospitality professionals we try our best to resolve concerns and offer the best service possible. Having said, that I would like to extend a sincerely apology for your stay and the events described in your review.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Norfolk
Americas Best Value Inn
#22 of 39 in Norfolk
3.0 of 5 stars 33 reviews
Sleep Inn Lake Wright
#19 of 39 in Norfolk
3.5 of 5 stars 118 reviews
Northwest Virginia Beach
Red Roof Inn Virginia Beach - Norfolk Airport
Red Roof Inn Virginia Beach - No...
#33 of 114 in Virginia Beach
4.0 of 5 stars 203 reviews

Been to Super 8 Norfolk Chesapeake Bay? Share your experiences!