“Stay - 00” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Super 8 Norfolk Chesapeake Bay

You added Super 8 Norfolk Chesapeake Bay to your Saves list
Super 8 Norfolk Chesapeake Bay
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   1010 West Ocean View Avenue, Norfolk, VA 23503 (Formerly Quality Inn Bayview/Naval Base)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Plan Ahead and Save 15%
Ranked #23 of 39 Hotels in Norfolk
GAINESVILLE
“Stay - 00”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2013

I understand that we were near the coast in a warmer environment. We found roaches scurrying in the room. We also had a noisy air conditioner which made watching TV and sleeping challenging. The room also had little maintenance issues (holes in walls from failed wall anchors, refrigerator needed a replacement magnetic seal, clean carpet to remove stains, curtains that would stay closed to limit others looking in from the outside to name a few. We got what we paid for,

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Super 8

PatelRick, Manager at Super 8 Norfolk Chesapeake Bay, responded to this review, May 30, 2013
Let me thank you for taking the time to address this matter to our hotel as every comment, good or bad is important. Please allow me this opportunity to apologize for the inconveniences you experienced during your stay.All things which were pointed by you has been taken care of. Our super 8 is committed to providing our guests with the highest quality services and facilities. We sincerely regret we fell short of our goal in this instance. Your comments are important to the success of our organization, as we rely on you, our guest, to tell us how we are doing and how we can better meet your needs. Thanks Rick Patel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Charlotte
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2012

When I arrived and was given the room number, my key didn't work for the room. Then once I had the room, the air conditioning didnt' work. I was given another room, but the TV didn't work properly. The remote didn't work at all. The matresses were worn and I wasn't able to get additonal towels when I asked for them. I wa told that they could only allow a selected amount of towels per room. I was given 2 towels, 2 hand towels, 2 wash cloths, and 1 floor towel. The hairdryer didn't work, so I was unable to dry my hair after washing it. If you ignore all of these setback, my stay would be nice, but I was there with my daughter to attend my cousin's wedding and I was not pleased at all.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Super 8

Rick P, Manager at Super 8 Norfolk Chesapeake Bay, responded to this review, November 5, 2012
Thank You for taking time to review us. I am sorry to hear all these issues. We will make sure that it doesn't happen again. Also due to your inconvenience you were already compensated $25 at checkout.
DAGSBORO
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2012

Enjoyed the stay. very friendly and situated right on the water. willstay again. could use a little better wifi signal in the room. overall nice stay.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Super 8

Rick P, Manager at Super 8 Norfolk Chesapeake Bay, responded to this review, October 24, 2012
Thanks for taking a time to finishing the review. Hope to see you next time when you are in the area.

Been to Super 8 Norfolk Chesapeake Bay? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Super 8 Norfolk Chesapeake Bay

Address: 1010 West Ocean View Avenue, Norfolk, VA 23503 (Formerly Quality Inn Bayview/Naval Base)
Location: United States > Virginia > Norfolk
#2 On the Beach Hotel in Norfolk
Hotel Class:2 star — Super 8 Norfolk Chesapeake Bay 2*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Priceline, Cheap Tickets, Orbitz, Odigeo, Hotels.com and Hotwire so you can book your Super 8 Norfolk Chesapeake Bay reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Super 8 Norfolk Chesapeake
Super Eight Norfolk

If you own or manage Super 8 Norfolk Chesapeake Bay, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.