“Customer service was good” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Quality Inn Norfolk Naval Base

You added Quality Inn Norfolk Naval Base to your Saves list
Quality Inn Norfolk Naval Base
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   8051 Hampton Blvd., Norfolk, VA 23505 (Formerly Comfort Inn Norfolk Naval Station)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #32 of 39 Hotels in Norfolk
Roanoke
“Customer service was good”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2012

I stayed at this hotel June 7-9, 2012. The hotel was built in 1987. The rooms have flat screen televisions. There is an indoor pool and a nice exercise room. The Ruby Tuesdays, two blocks from the hotel, offers a 10% discount to the hotel guests. The breakfast area and lobby area are nice. The rooms have granite sink tops and have microwave ovens and refrigerators in the rooms. Although the rooms have exterior corridors, the hotel does have security. The hotel is near a naval base and close to the airport. I shared with a staff member this morning that I would like to see the exterior cleaned up some. Overall, I enjoyed staying here and found the staff to be very accomodating, helpful and friendly. Although there may be nicer places to stay in Norfolk, the prices will be more and the staff are not alway as helpful. I would recommend the Quality Inn, Hampton Blvd., Norfolk, for lodging.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
1QualityGM, General Manager at Quality Inn Norfolk Naval Base, responded to this review, June 12, 2012
We appreciate all of the reviews we receive. I am glad you enjoyed your stay and I hope that we meet again. I will use this review to see if we cant get our sidewalks painted sooner than later.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
nyc
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2011

This place has all it takes to make your trip comfortable and a pleasant experience.It is so clean that i did not have to use my sheets that i usually carry with me when i travel.The customer service was another positive feature of this place.The workers at the desk esp the manager,JOHN, were so accommodating and nice,they went out of their way to help .MANY THANKS TO JOHN,AND I WISH THEM ALL A REALLY HAPPY NEW YEAR!
I WOULD STRONGLY RECCOMEND THIS PLACE TO WHOEVER IS IN THE AREA AND NEED A PLACE TO STAY.THEY WILL MAKE YOU FEEL WELCOME!
MY VERY BEST REGARDS TO THEM:)

Room Tip: We were on the first floor and all was fine:)
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple
1QualityGM, General Manager at Quality Inn Norfolk Naval Base, responded to this review, January 10, 2012
Thank you very much, we try very hard to provide the very best accommodations for all of our guests. Thank you Armida, I hope all worked out for the best.
Tampa FL
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2011

I was surprised to see some really negative reviews and then I noticed that most were two or three years old. I have a feeling that this hotel has been recently renovated because it was a lovely experience for us. We were driving around the mideastern states and had a lot of bad luck with the hotels we stayed in. This was a wonderful place. This is what I expect with Choice Hotels and have not found recently. Not only was the room clean, it was large and very comfortable. The hotel restaurant was such a surprise. The full breakfast that was included was excellent. We rarely eat dinner at a hotel because it is usually overpriced and not very good. This was so good and very inexpensive. I would definitely stay there again.

Room Tip: The most helpful to me are these reviews. Most people won't take the time to write a review unl...
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
Christiansburg, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2011

I had a list of hotels recommended by the school and went down it until I found one close to my meeting room in my price range. Danielle, who took my reservation, was very professional and helpful. When I got into the city (for the first time), I took a wrong turn and called the hotel in a panic. Danielle was again working the front desk and determined where I was and read the map to me over the phone until I got back on Hampton Blvd. The room I had was very good for the money and I found all of the guests and staff to be friendly and helpful.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled on business
Newport News, Virginia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2011

Our first room about gagged you with the smell of mold and/or mildew. I think if we had stayed in that room, we would end up sick. I went to the office to request a different room and the guy quickly gave me a new one. The second room was on the other side of the building and when we went over there, we noticed there was a condemned room directly on the other side of the building from our first room. I can only imagine it was due to mold and it is spreading through the walls.
The second room did not smell as bad, but it seemed as though they used a lot of air freshener to cover up the smell. We went back to the office and checked out 5 minutes later. Luckily, they gave us a full refund.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
1QualityGM, Manager at Quality Inn Norfolk Naval Base, responded to this review, August 19, 2011
I would like to thank you for sharing your concerns with us. We take these issues very seriously, a mold issue could cause alot of harm and expense to a property and its guests. I will point out the room on the other side was hit by a car ( no one was hurt ). I expect the repairs to begin this week. If you feel you would like to discuss this further, please feel free to call me anytime. John H General Manager 757-451-0000.
Norfolk, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2011

thanks you for all the great assistance and service

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
Kerrville, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2010

We reserved a king/no smoking. Apparently the room had been previously a smoking room as it definitely had the distinct odor of smoke. The carpet was pretty stained. So much so, that I didn't want to walk around with my shoes off. The staff (both front desk and the lady who took care of the breakfast area) were rather sullen. They definitely weren't the friendliest bunch of people I met on this trip. We only chose to stay here because the Best Westerns were too expensive in Norfolk and this was cheap enough and close to the Naval Base.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple

Been to Quality Inn Norfolk Naval Base? Share your experiences!