“Great Customer Service” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Quality Inn Norfolk Naval Base

You added Quality Inn Norfolk Naval Base to your Saves list
Quality Inn Norfolk Naval Base
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   8051 Hampton Blvd., Norfolk, VA 23505 (Formerly Comfort Inn Norfolk Naval Station)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #31 of 39 Hotels in Norfolk
Christiansburg, Virginia
“Great Customer Service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2011

I had a list of hotels recommended by the school and went down it until I found one close to my meeting room in my price range. Danielle, who took my reservation, was very professional and helpful. When I got into the city (for the first time), I took a wrong turn and called the hotel in a panic. Danielle was again working the front desk and determined where I was and read the map to me over the phone until I got back on Hampton Blvd. The room I had was very good for the money and I found all of the guests and staff to be friendly and helpful.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Newport News, Virginia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2011

Our first room about gagged you with the smell of mold and/or mildew. I think if we had stayed in that room, we would end up sick. I went to the office to request a different room and the guy quickly gave me a new one. The second room was on the other side of the building and when we went over there, we noticed there was a condemned room directly on the other side of the building from our first room. I can only imagine it was due to mold and it is spreading through the walls.
The second room did not smell as bad, but it seemed as though they used a lot of air freshener to cover up the smell. We went back to the office and checked out 5 minutes later. Luckily, they gave us a full refund.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
1QualityGM, Manager at Quality Inn Norfolk Naval Base, responded to this review, August 19, 2011
I would like to thank you for sharing your concerns with us. We take these issues very seriously, a mold issue could cause alot of harm and expense to a property and its guests. I will point out the room on the other side was hit by a car ( no one was hurt ). I expect the repairs to begin this week. If you feel you would like to discuss this further, please feel free to call me anytime. John H General Manager 757-451-0000.
Norfolk, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2011

thanks you for all the great assistance and service

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
Kerrville, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2010

We reserved a king/no smoking. Apparently the room had been previously a smoking room as it definitely had the distinct odor of smoke. The carpet was pretty stained. So much so, that I didn't want to walk around with my shoes off. The staff (both front desk and the lady who took care of the breakfast area) were rather sullen. They definitely weren't the friendliest bunch of people I met on this trip. We only chose to stay here because the Best Westerns were too expensive in Norfolk and this was cheap enough and close to the Naval Base.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple
Salt Lake City, Utah
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2009

Overall, the rooms were so-so and ok., but next time I come to town, I will stay somewhere else because:

The Internet didn't work,
Hotel staff was rude and wouldn't properly process our tax-exempt invoice for government employees.
The advertised continental breakfast lacked juices, yogurts and fruit so I had to eat breakfast elsewhere. The staff couldn't care less.

• Stayed November 2009, traveled on business
1QualityGM, John H GM at Quality Inn Norfolk Naval Base, responded to this review, January 29, 2010
I am sorry to hear your stay was not 100% satifactory and I apologize for that. Unfortunately the state and federal governments have strict guidelines as to whom may be considered tax exempt and certain criteria must be met. Our staff is always here to assist our guests withany and all issues immediately as soon as they are brought to our attention.
Waterloo
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2009

I booked this place a few days prior to family road trip on a Labour day weekend to Virginia Beach. Due to high cost in Virginia Beach, I opted to go a bit further to save on accommodations. Prior to calling the hotel for a price quote, I was getting higher prices on places such as Expedia. I am glad I was able to speak to Kelly from Quality Inn. She provided excellent customer service, prompt answers, and lower price. Upon arrival, after 12 hours of driving, the front desk staff were very helpful, promptly checked us in and provided tip on places to eat.
Only downside is the small washroom space, no microwave in the room, and lack of storage space. There were 4 of us sharing a 2 double bed standard room.
Please note, we used our car to travel back and forth between Virginia Beach and Norfolk. We used our vehicle to look for food and to wander around the area. Restaurants are within 3 miles North of Hwy 13. A good Chinese buffet place was Dynasty. They had sushi, fish, crabs, and Mongolian grill. Lunch on Saturday was $7 per person. Good price and good food.

I am glad to have stayed at this place. Tthey had ample parking, next to the highway exits, clean rooms, quite location despite being next to an airport, and great price. I would recommend to stay here. Just a quick note, If you are a choice hotel member, it is better to book thru the website in order to obtain extra points.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled with family
Maryland
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 18, 2009

Our extended family stayed in three rooms for two nights. All of us were very unhappy. The beds were extremely uncomfortable, bathroom light was burned out, the floors were dirty (old toothpicks on the floor) and stained, and SOMEONE HAD LEFT THEIR DIRTY CLOTHES IN THE ROOM. The front desk check in took forever. The manager sat in his office for quite a long time while many of us waited in line. One room was not properly reserved inspite of 4 phone calls before the stay. We were charged $10 more than the quote I was given when I called to book rooms on the phone. The breaksfast was good.
This place is a dump, and very poorly managed.

• Liked — nothing
  • Disliked — dirty, and the beds were VERY uncomfortable
  • Stayed January 2009, traveled with family
    • 1 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
I am sorry to see you were still not satisfied. After we had spoken and I had discounted an extra room that was not reseved I had felt you were satisfied.

Been to Quality Inn Norfolk Naval Base? Share your experiences!